• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning and welcome December. With all of our warm weather now, I wonder what Spring will bring for snow. Sic-better get checked out by someone more knowledgeable than me about your pain. Not a good sign to start the holidays.
I hope your day goes well. Stay hydrated and healthy and wear the masks around crowds.

Not feeling any better, debating whether to go to doctor. The pain seems to have moved more to the middle of my stomach. I dont feel good though, like flu? not going to be able to go work bees which totally sucks. Hopefully im not burning a bridge. Yall be good and have a great day. Good morning.

Good morning. It's 47 (8c) on its way to 72 (22c). Crazy! Sic .... That's classic diverticulitis (DVT) symptoms. Sometimes it comes with a low grade fever and you feel like you've got a mild flu. Heat pad and Metamucil helps for me. Best to get it checked out and diagnosed though. Busy work schedule. 8 meetings on the calendar today. Looking forward to the weekend. Been working on the 2022 garden plan .... seems to be coming together OK. Not much else is going on. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. Sunny w/temps in the 70’s - crazy. I have baby layettes to assemble and deliver, then a quiet day. Made banana bread yesterday, maybe 1 more batch tomorrow. Sic - please check out your pain w/a professional.
Enjoy your day and stay healthy. Keep those masks handy.

Feeling way better this morning ,still some mild pain. If its not gone by monday or returns in the future I will go to DR. Have to go to a wedding tomorrow for the oldest boy. Kyle the youngest is flying in today from TN, we are on stand by to see if we need to pick him up incase Morgan cant. I guess its normal these days for kids not to have there crap together or give a crap about what anyone else is doing. Kyle which is 22 had no idea when his plane was leaving as of 4 days ago. Tickets have been purchased for months. So we are just chilling to see what we need to do. Punk kids! Not sure what is going on? Yall be good and kind. Good morning.

Good morning. It's 45 (7) on its way to 70 (21). Sic .... glad you're feeling a bit better. I know what you mean about falling apart. I can sit still and injure myself.
It's apparently the norm to not have your shite together ..... my kids are the same way .... mine are in they're their 30s and neither stress nor care about details like that. My wife and I are planners and we are prepared for everything. Drives us crazy!
The remodelers say they'll be done today. Ha! No way!
Light meeting schedule today. Knocking off mid morning to mow (believe or not!). After that I'll split firewood. Grilling and beverages this evening. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. Sic-I’m glad you’re feeling better and that you keep Benadryl handy, the wonder drug. Not much planned for today except a bit of Xmas shopping. Our generation seems to be the planners, though my daughter is way ahead of me in this category. Preparedness, a better word for it.
Have a wonderful day and take care of yourselves, too.

Pretty sure my rash is from oil of oregano I was taking to help with the stomach pain,lol. Had a great time last evening with the youngest. Know we go watch the oldest get hitched. fancy richy rich wedding as his future father in law is a Dr. Ill be very glad to get home this evening. Walk in a bit after breakfast and a movie. Had to get clothes to wear, I let my wife and the lady at the store discuss and decide what I should be wearing as I walked around aimless,lol. Yall have a great day and good morning.

Wedding is a open bar:party::drunk::drunk:

Good morning. It's 39 on its way to 56. Sic ... sounds like the boy did good. Open bar .... maybe with the top shelf stuff? It was 70+ yesterday. I mowed and split firewood. The kitchen is 95% complete. All that remains is installation of the cabinet faces/doors, microwave and some trim. Then the remodelers will be gone and we'll paint. Heading to Kansas City later this morning to continue our search for furniture. We'll get to eat at one of our favorite restaurants for lunch. Splitting more firewood this afternoon while my wife works on getting her kitchen back in order. Grilling and beverages this evening. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. More banana bread planned and gathering gifts for 2 boxes to go East. Sic-hope you have a great wedding celebration. Fill us in! Pics 😊. Harry-I bet your wife is excited to get her kitchen back. I know we’d be lost having one for more than a few days.
Enjoy your weekend and stay safe.

Had a good time last evening. The wedding was nice. pay no attention to my fat bloated face as im still swollen from rash,lol. Not positive what we are doing today, Im better feel fine need to get back to my regular exercise and enjoy the down time of winter. Do have some work tomorrow but its not much. Hope everyones day is great and peaceful. Be wonderful and good morning.
IMG_20211204_175744.jpg

Last edited:
Good morning. It's 51 on its way to 63. I guess the temperature changes back to winter tonight. Sic .... Looks like the wedding was a good time. All dressed up and having fun. I'm happy to announce that we bought a new table yesterday. Fresh from Puebla, MX. We were in the wife's Subaru yesterday and had no way to bring it back home. We're going back to KC with one of the trucks to pick it up this afternoon. My sister is coming over after that to pick up the giant old table and a desk we're giving to her. We're trying and get rid of stuff that we don't use anymore. I'll probably split more firewood this afternoon. My wife was able to get her kitchen back in order yesterday. All that's left is to install her new microwave, some trim and the cabinet doors and fronts. Up in KC we ate at one of our favorite Mexican Restaurants. Thinking about picking up some BBQ on the way back from KC today. Football this evening. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. Thanks for the beautiful pics, Sic. Looks like a wonderful celebration and great family time. We have our annual Country Club buffet today with the people from church. Time to loosen the belt! The temps are finally falling, with a slight chance of snow on Thursday. We grew up with a white Christmas almost every year, but the moisture seems to be moving later in the year - I hope. Made another batch of banana bread, which went into the freezer, all except for hubby's saved 2 small loaves.
Have a wonderful day and share your blessings with others.

Have one lawn to mow today. Had to order a new seat for one of my mowers yesterday. Not really positive what else is going on today. May visit a buddy thats laid up with old guy problems. Want to watch the new Dune movie sometime soon. Have a wonderful day and good morning.

Good morning. It's 33 on its way to 38. Have to run into the office for a few minutes. I'll leave here in about an hour. Picked up our new table yesterday and my sister and her crew came and picked up our existing giant table. Didn't get to the wood splitting. Busy meeting schedule today. Not sure what is else is going on. We're hopeful the remodelers show up today to finish the kitchen. They've only got one day of work left. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's 28 on its way to 42. Busy meeting schedule today. They did NOT get our kitchen done yesterday. We've been told that it will be completed today. I've got Friday off this week. Looking forward to that. I've got to do some garage clean-up, there's always firewood to split and I've got some minor sheetrock work to do in the garage. I've also got to disconnect the batteries from a couple of vehicles that we don't drive much in the winter. Sic .... 81 today .... that's rough :rolleyes:. Breakfast for dinner last night. Stuffed salmon tonight. Not much else is happening. Be safe and be good.

Back