• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning.
I’m alive. Haven’t been here in awhile. Got laid off a few weeks ago. Just trying to wrap things up with my knee and work comp.
Getting the lights and tent out for starts. Need to figure out how many Chili’s to grow. I have 5 Overwinters in the kitchen window.

Hope you all have a great day.

Sic. That Kratom does work. It’s helped my back pain and knee pain out tremendously.

Good morning. It's 31 (-1c) on its way to 43 (6c) with rain changing to snow tonight. Working in the basement office for part of the day and then either taking my bride out for Mexican or grilling sausages. We'll see how it goes. 3-4 weeks away from starting babies. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. 22-50F, seasonal weather. Nice to see OCD here, hope you can relax a bit despite your knee pain. Any fixes for that in the near future? Coffee group, a couple of errands, ten hoping to finalize stuff to plant a few superhots tomorrow.
Have a wonderful day. Stay healthy and blessed.

Last edited:
Good morning. It's sunny and 47F, on its way to 62F. Quite warm for Feb, but I'll take it. No errands today. Might try to mount an electric wench on the flatbed trailer. Then use it to winch an old Troy Bilt GTX18 riding mower up onto it. The Troy Bilt is/was a nice mower, but It hasn't run for at least five years. Some kind of electrical problem. I told the 'phew about it and he said "bring it on up". Might run up there this weekend and drop it off. We'll see. Anyway, hope everybody has a wonderful Wednesday. Be safe out there.

Good afternoon ;) It's gorgeous out today, high of 6c low of 1c. Dog enjoyed a nice long walk after our cold snap over the weekend where we had a windchill of -29c. As for parrots... while they are my reason for getting in to peppers they're definitely not for everyone. I'm more than willing to have my brain picked about them though @sicman or anyone else!

Morning all - creeping slowly towards the weekend. Another balmy day of -4C, NE wind has dropped a bit.
Errands to run, people to see and shopping to do and that's it.
Start another few pepper seeds to soak.
Have a good Thursday chilli heads - keep warm, calm and smiley :D

Good morning sunshine!

Working from home today. Which means a slow start with more than two alarm snooze moments. I love those.

Not sure what to do garden wise today, other then give my covered seeds a stern look to make them sprout faster. Maybe I should read a book instead or do some housekeeping after I'm done with work.

@catherinew Are you planting the superhots today? So exciting!
@OCD Chilehead I hope you'll have better times ahead. 🤞

Now where's my laptop. Focus Ratatouille, focus.

Have a nice day all!

Good morning. It's 32 (0c) on its way to 40 (4c). Heavy wet snow coming down. The roads are treacherous. I started out heading to the office. Got to the town to the north of me and turned around and came back home. I think I'll work from home today. Not much else is going on. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. 18-31F, the predicted snow flew over to Harry and left us dry. Be careful in that snow. Ratatouille, yes! I am planting superhots today, only a few varieties. You have a good memory. Sweet peppers will be planted in a few weeks or sooner. Dog watching, a few errands, then back to the basement. Slow but sure.
Have a wonderful day. Stay healthy and positive.

Good morning. It's cloudy and 43F, on its way to 66F. Where's the shorts? lol. Nothing on the schedule today. Probably head down to the garden and marvel over how much prep work has to be done, ha. That'll give me a chance to run the Gator. Hope everybody has a terrific Thursday. Be safe out there.

Morning sugar cubes!

Today is my day off. Yay! So I'll start with one small work task to get that feeling of freedom really going after I'm done. 🤟 I think I'll follow up with some admin and calls I need to do after the passing of my mother.

I should be free to do whatever I feel like afterwards. (Postponing housekeeping till tomorrow, don't tell anyone!)

I'm thinking spending the day at the allotment and on my way there, I'll stop at a.friend for a cup of tea.

Have a wonderful Friday all!

Picked up a new account yeterday and it comes with a bunch of fixing things that another company screwed up, ya! Not! Tinks hope you feel better. Bike ride to and in the Green Swamp with O.M.S. Wife is going shopping and then doing house chores. We are going to party tonight. ^6 on its way to 83. Have a great day and good morning.

Good morning. It's 23 (-5c) on its way to 36 (2c). Tinks, sorry to hear you're feeling poorly. Ratty, sounds like a great plan. I know from experience that after the passing of a loved one there's a full time job ahead of you. Sic .... new accounts are the bomb! I've got office work on/off until 1430ish .... then I'm shutting it down. The grand-kiddos will be here for the weekend. I've been told that this evening we're doing homemade pizzas! Tomorrow morning, I'm getting up early and firing up the smoker for some of that Kansas City BBQ goodness. Not much else is happening. Beverages later on. Be safe, be blessed and be good.

Good morning. It's sunny and 52F, on its way to 57F. Last of the warm days. Calling for some snow on Sunday. Not much planned for today. Still deciding about traveling to 'phew's tomorrow. Snow on Sunday might make that a nogo. Anyway, hope everybody has a freaky-good Friday. Feel better Tink!

Good morning. Feel better, Tinkerbelle. We’re thinking of you. Warmer day, not as windy, with temps 12-50F. I did get the few superhots planted yesterday, sweets will start in a week+. Snow still lingers, so I’ll stay away from the garden mud. Coffee group and a few errands, then the day is mine.
Have a wonderful Friday. Share your talents and smiles.

Good morning!

Hope you're telling that virus who's boss Tink. Get well soon.

Today I'll be going through my mums clothes. Whatever is warm, I will give to an organization collecting stuff for people in Turkey. The rest will be going to good will.

And before I leave I want to take a peak in the seedling garage. I mean, it's been almost a week now. I am allowed to hope to see some proper pepper hooks, not?

But first, coffee. Otherwise I'll be a danger in the car or walking on my way to the garage even. Don't want that now do we?

Enjoy the weekend friends! 🌸

Huzzah! I'm alive :woohoo:
That's cheered you all up hasn't it? :lol:
Still a bit wobbly and tired but getting there. Thank heavens for mint tea and dry toast.
Another frosty day out there and glorious sunshine forecast for this afternoon.
Thank you for the good wishes I'm sure that helped me to recover.
Have a good Saturday and keep healthy, warm, calm and smile :D

Back