• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

!0 years ago the wife and I busted our rears clearing out a wooded area for a mini disc golf putting course. We enjoyed it for several years then let it go. Started re clearing it out yesterday and will be working on it most of today. Plan on getting out there at day break and thats all im doing until this evening. Wings for dinner and watching a couple movies. Got all three vehicles washed yesterday also, so it was productive. Have a great day and good morning.

Good morning. It's 47 (8c) on its way to 57 (14c) with moderate rain. Managed to navigate my way into the office this morning. Full day of meetings on the schedule. This full-time working stuff is getting to be too much! I need to re-retire. Not sure what the menu plans are for today. Beverages this evening. Be safe and be good.

Good windy morning. 24-44F, sun for the AM, then snow later tonight. Yesterday the cat and I studied the garden area to try and cram in all the seeds daughter wants me to grow. I may see a jungle if I’m not careful. The cat enjoyed rolling around in the leafy mulch and was completely covered with debris. We may do the same today. Nothing much is planned for today.
Happy Valentines Day. Hug a loved one. Smile.

Good morning. Sunny and 38F, on its way to 59F. Should be a pretty day. Can't do much unfortunately because of the back. BIL has a Dr's appt today but she my have to take him - not sure I can get in the truck. Might try an alcohol treatment this afternoon. :beer:Hope everybody has a terrific Tuesday. Be safe out there.

Good morning. It's 38 on its way to 46. Snow expected overnight. Working from the basement office today. Several high stress meetings starting mid morning but should be done by mid afternoon. Not much else is going on. Grilling, beverages and relaxing this evening. Started streaming Only Murders in the Building and Chef's Table last night. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's sunny and 58F, on its way to 70F. First Spring-like day of the year. Today's her birthday, so taking her out to have her favorite birthday lunch - cheeseburger, fries and a chocolate shake, lol. I kinda make out in the deal as well. :D Hope everybody has a wacky-good Wednesday. Be safe out there.

Morning all - there's always a whiff of weekend around Thursday and we're halfway through February - how did that happen?
Some work, some play, some food, some booze and some shouting at, and worrying about, peppers, not necessarily in that order.
Have a good whiff of weekend day and keep calm, warm, healthy and smiley :D

Good morning. It's 28 (-2c) on its way to nowhere. Freezing rain in progress. Drove into the office this morning. Should be a busy day (8 meetings on the schedule). Working until at least 1700. Today is my Friday (TGIT?). Sic .... that putting course sounds like fun. I've thought about installing some regular golf holes on my property. Maybe a few par 3s, a couple of short par 4s and a beer cart :). I had a driving range when we first moved out here (when the kids were still here) and that was fun too. It's time for me to start thinking about mower maintenance again 😡 . It'll be time to plant potatoes in a month or so. Poblano lasagna is on the menu for this evening .... yum. Beverages and such after that :beer:. Be safe, be blessed and be good.

Good morning. 6-30F, the sun is starting to peek through. I’d rather have the light snow we got yesterday than Harry’s freezing rain. We get enough hail in the summer (once is too much). I got a lot accomplished in the basement, cleaning and sorting, then into boxes for summer use. Today should be similar.
Have a great day. Stay warm and healthy.

Good morning. it's cloudy and 48F, on its way to 65F. Rain off and on all day. Not much on the plate for the today. Possible jury duty tomorrow. Will find out tonight when I call in. Hope everybody has a good day. Be safe out there.

Last edited:
Morning honey bees,

It's Friday! No work today, other than some housework. I'll be cleaning the kitchen this morning and that's all I'll do in that departement.

I also have a guest that will be visiting for the day. A friend is dropping her dog of. That means the cat will have to stay upstairs today. I'm sure he won't mind, he's old and sleeps most of the day. He probably won't even notice there's a dog in the house. (We got our cat from an animal shelter, he was already about 15 years by then. Which is why we decided to call him Schrödinger, as we don't know if he's asleep or dead till we wake him up.)

In the afternoon I plan on going to the allotment. There's always something to do there, even if it's drinking tea and chatting with my garden neighbors.

Have a nice day everyone! Remember, spring really is in the air.

Back