• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. Sunny and a warm 73 for a high. Nice weather to play in the garden, after doctor, neighbors dog, errands. The cat and I spent all afternoon yesterday outside, enjoying nature. Potted up the rest of the small tomatoes for a swap the end of May - very local gardeners. I’m leaving the ‘maters outside where they can harden off and grow, I hope.
CG cleanup this afternoon in the flower area. Even with leaf mulch, many perennials died. It was just too cold. More space to plant extras from the swaps. 😀
Ratat, I usually just make a chicken based ‘dump soup’ with all the veggies in the freezer. Way too easy. Everything (almost) is added. Then we add a spoon of sour cream to the bowls for a different flavor. I make 2 huge pots and freeze most for extras.
The cat has informed me it’s time - feed me.
Have a great day. Enjoy being outside and nature’s beauty. S.M.I.L.E.

Good morning. It's cloudy and 47F, on its way to 54F. Breezy and cool with a shower or two. Ended up not doing the toilet yesterday. Mrs said so. Maybe later in the week. An errand or two, then to the hospital. Dr.'s appointment for me later in the afternoon. Not much else going on. Hope everybody has a terrific Tuesday. Be safe out there.

Good morning. It's 47F on its way to 67F. Crazy windy again with elevated fire risk. Still not quite right with the gall bladder. Last night was bad. Severe pain is gone but real queezy and tired. Going to totally take it easy today. Be safe and be good.

Morning all - it's Hump Day again, how did that happen? Time is passing too quick for my liking.
Still waiting on the last frost so nothing done on the veggie patch, although if it's dry this weekend, I'll take the covers off, rotovate and feed.
Another warm, sunny day promised - the peppers will enjoy that.
I shall be potting up again today, too many babies wanting more space.
Eye test this a.m. I think, not sure we've got all the relevant papers at hand, so it'll be a surprise whatever happens.
Have a good Wednesday, keep calm, cool, pain-free and smile :D

Hope you get some relief Harry. Taking wifes car into the shop and riding my bike home. Getting tired of a vehicle being in the shop all the time. Going to Tampa with a buddy later in the morning. Having steak and salad for breakfast. Guitar playing and chilling this evening. Kittie ran into the woods yesterday morning but is in the carport this morning. Guess he is going to stay. have a great day and good morning.

Good morning.

Not much going on. Got plants of all sizes. They can hang out in there containers for awhile. Temps are warming up. Need to get some supplies for my lean to greenhouse. Entry into the greenhouse will be my sliding glass door from my bedroom. There will be another door outside. Not really wanting to do much else. Taking a break. I’m sure I’ll pull some weeds or something in the flower beds.

Have a great day.

Well we have a tiny kitten now also. if it stays away from the dogs. Some van pulled over in front of our house because they heard a meow. A kitten ran out from underneath into our back yard. Wife was fixing to put the cage set up away but know its housing a kitten. Why our cats stay outside, we would have 20 cats laying on the couch. We have never set out to get one they just show up. Will be getting this one its first shots and fixed then its on its own. FFS!

Good morning. It's cloudy and 45F, on its way to 50F. Breezy and cooler with a shower or two. Last of the truly cold days I hope. Back near 80F starting next week. Can't wait. Had 6 or so peppers in the back of a tray shrivel up. Pretty strange. Then it dawned on me that it has been cold at night and the heat has been running. Turns out the heater vent was blowing on the back edge of this tray. At least I hope that's what it was. I watered them and it looks like at least one or two might come back. We'll see. Last day running to the hospital. Mom is going home this afternoon. She's more than ready too :). Thanks again for all the positive thoughts everybody. Looks like it worked! Hope everybody has a wonderful Wednesday. Be safe out there.

Good morning. Cloudy, but warm 46-74F, nice spring weather. Coffee group, then the dog all day. Move the peppers outside in the shade all day, then lights at night. They’re ready for planting, tomatoes not.
Has anyone ever done trench composting? We usually make 1-2 trenches, 8-10” wide and 20’ long in the garden. Fill them with buckets of ‘slop’ veggies we’ve saved for awhile, then cover with leaves and dirt. It’s usually done right before Winter starts. I may try this in May, but on a smaller scale - or just dump the buckets into the cold compost pile.
The cat has spoken - feed me. No feral cats around here - we have coyotes quite close as we hear their yips in the summer.
Have a wonderful hump day. Glad to hear Downriver’s mom is doing so well. Healing for Harry and OCD. Stay safe and healthy.

Good afternoon. It's a beautiful and calm 75F. Starting to recover a bit. Can't get in to see a doctor until next week. It looks to be an ulcer flare up. I haven't had one in nearly 15 years. I am sore but the sharp pains are gone. Just tired and weak. Trying to stay hydrated and eating very little. Hauled 70% of our plants out for hardening this afternoon. The remaining 30% are just too small and probably need another week under the lights.
We have two cats .... neither were the wife's nor mine. In our case it was our children that brought them home as kittens .... you know how that works .... now they're our cats and the children have long since moved out.
Re: Coyotes .... we've got a local family pack that has a den in the creek bank that goes through the field to the east of us. I see them at least once a week. I've seen them stalking our little (10lb) female cat in our front yard! I've seen those coyotes chase deer and turkeys in our pasture too. The big (25lb) male cat lost an eye and we have turned him into our indoor couch kitty. He's so big that all neighboring cats and varmints stay clear but he's our "Lambert the Sheepish Lion" (if you're familiar with that kid's cartoon). We limit his adventures to the screened in porch. It's the pack of large dogs that sometimes run through here that are more dangerous to everything. I have told my neighbors that if they like their dogs .... they need to
keep them on their property and not let them run wild terrorizing the local farms. I will not stand for it. That's about it .... be safe and be good.

Morning all,

@Harry_Dangler What a lovely story about Lambert (had to Google that). You know the drill right? We need pictures.

I can't imagine having coyotes running through my backyard. We only have a few lone wolves re-entering and living in our country, other that that just mice, voles and spiders. I did used to have a one-eyed black cat, loved him to death, my little ugly duckling.

I'm off to work, hoping to get there a bit early. It's been busy and will be busy for the next few weeks. Good thing I like my work.

Take it easy and enjoy your day for the big and small moments.

Morning peoples - Thursday is here with its usual whiff of weekend to come.
Not much planned today except potting up the sweet peas and a few of the larger peppers that need a bigger pot.
Out to lunch and grocery shopping with my bestie.
And that's it for today. I am getting the gardening aches and pains so I'll calm it down a bit today.

@Harry_Dangler hope you feel better soon.

Have a good Thursday everyone - keep calm cool and pain-free and smile - even though it hurts :D

and a couple of pups from the Dog Show last Saturday - first one belongs to a friend of mine and 2nd one is only 6 months old, he is so gorgeous and a St Bernard X Malinois
LbSeZWTm.jpg

kRTwjctm.jpg

Glad your mother is coming home Down. Brother has brain cancer and I guess starting radiation today? This all came within 48 hours, he did have kidney cancer years back and has had a heart surgery and is overweight so hes falling apart on us. Dentist appointment for a cleaning because they are unable to do two things at once. Have to pick up wifes car and take it for new tires. Have a mower in the shop that I need to hopefully pick up, nothing major just a cracked hydro overflow and its under warranty. Wife is going to take carol to appointments and lunch. Have a great day and good morning.

Good morning. It's cloudy and 51F, on its way to 60F. A few afternoon showers are in the forecast, as well as 38F tonight. That's the last night in the 30's for the next two weeks, hopefully the rest of the Spring. Looks like today is fix the dripping shower faucet day at the BIL's. Seems like there's always something going on over there. Mrs DR is planning on painting his front door. Then there's still the toilet to replace. The list is growing, ha. Hope to get to the garden starting tomorrow. I'm kinda behind, but without the daily hospital trip, hopefully I'll have more time. Your brother and family are in my thoughts and prayers Sic. Hope everybody has a wonderful Thursday. Be safe out there.

Last edited:
'Morning.

I'm not in a good mood.

Yesterday, the air conditioner broke after giving it a shake down getting ready for this weekend 86-90°F (30-32°C)
Had some-one come in and tell me it iced over and need to let it melt, and that the water pouring out of it is normal.... it isn't.

The plan for today is: Get some-one in and fix a pipe that clearly ruptured, and hope that it doesn't take too long.

Right now.. having some coffee, and relaxing... hoping this doesn't go from Cluster F:censored: to Fubar.

Last edited:
Good morning. Cloudy with light rain forecasted. We’ll take it. Assembling baby layettes for the less fortunate this AM, then hopefully time in the garden. We ‘uncovered’ the cold compost pile to find lots of black gold. Time to put that into trash cans for later use and start the cycle over again for more treasure.
Healing prayers for Harry. Prayers for Sic’s brother and family.
Thanks for the puppy pics, Tink. ❤️
Have a wonderful Thursday. Get healthy, stay safe, and enjoy the beauty of nature.

Good morning. It's 61F on its way to 73F. Some rain in the area. Catching up on my paying job today. Starting to feel better. Not anywhere close to 100% but on the mend. Picture of our Moe Moe (Lambert) is below. Be safe and be good.
Moe Moe.jpg

Here's the Princess of the property ..... Her majesty Dinah Boo Boo. She is our Tortoise Shell and she is full of Tortitude. She wears an AirTag so we can track her outside. For the most part, she stays near the house.
Dinah.JPG

Last edited:
Back