• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. It's 54F (12C) on its way to 64F (18C). The forecast is for clouds with passing showers. I have several meetings this morning then I'm taking the rest of the day off. Our daughter lives up in the city and she asked us if we like to come up for the NFL Draft. They say the crowds will be massive (many 100Ks). I've been told by Mrs. D that we will choose to stay here on the farm. Ratty - good luck with your plant sales. Sounds like a fun time. Chuck .... seems like the time of year for back issues .... I feel your pain .... please take it easy. I am still not at 100% with my back but doing much better. I need to mow .... first gotta fix a front flat tire on the mower. We're in a position that we can start hauling tomato plants outside for hardening. I expect we'll start doing that in the next few days. Grilling sausages this evening. Beverages after that .... maybe watch a little of the Draft. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's sunny and 43F, on its way to 70F. Last nice day for a while - rain is moving in for several days they say. Managed to cut the grass that needed cutting yesterday. My back is not so good this morning - all that bouncing on the tractor I guess. We should start a bad-back club. Have a few errands this morning, then a status meeting at the hospital. Hope everybody has a terrific Thursday. Be safe out there.

Last edited:
Good morning. 36-64F, clouds and probably a bit of rain. Too muddy to do much of anything outside. Checked out the CG w/a fellow gardener and we decided to wait to venture outside inside the fence. The garlic looks good though. I hope to fill a few tomato cups today since the plants are stagnant in their growth, which is best for me - no more tall plants to finagle into the ground - for this year anyway.
Take it easy and feel much better, Chuck.
Best of luck to Ratat on her plant adventure. Pics.
Have a wonderful day. Stay safe and healthy.

Good morning.

Thanks everyone. Back feels a little better. Couldn’t take it. Had to get outside. Tan a bunch of last years potting mix through the mulcher. Sometimes you need to get back at it to make it better. This evening will tell.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    318.3 KB · Views: 47
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 45
It's Friday morning!

@Tinkerbelle The sale was so much fun. The peppers were the first to 'sell' out and I got to talk plants all day. I even made some earnings (seed money I call it) from the plants I didn't give away for free. (Lucky dip on the left of the pic. :D)

@catherinew Here's a picture of my stall. Maybe I'll het to do it again next year.
20230427_070610.jpg

@badbackclub Hope the back problems will skip a weekend.

@Downriver Sending positive vibes for the hospital meeting.

We're staying in the cabin for another night. The Ratat family is on an outing. We'll explore the surroundings by mountainbike today. The kids think the muddy forest (it rained a lot last weeks) is an added bonus.

Dinner will be simple. If it's dry, we'll cook on an open fire (place) outside, if not, we'll cook inside. Getting some groceries on our bike ride today.

Have a lovely day!

Morning all - Friday is upon us and looks like it's going to be a glorious day.
The pepper plants will be out sunbathing in the sunshine.
More potting on and labelling planned for this a.m. and work this p.m. - if the pups haven't been adopted yet, I'll get pics.

@Ratatouille - glad it went well, mine starts tomorrow hence all the labelling and potting on. I love talking to gardening (and dog) people, I suspect I don't have much else in the way of conversation :lol:

Have a good Friday - look after them backs - keep warm, cool, calm, pain-free and smile even if it hurts :D

Good morning, sun’s out for a glorious morning. We had lots of rain last night so the ground is still too wet for playing in. I labeled and filled most of the tomato cups yesterday, but need more dirt. Back to the nursery, which gives me an excuse to see what annuals have been delivered for sale. We had a lot of rot or winter kill with the low temps this winter. Good excuse to re-do some areas.
Coffee group, neighbor’s dog, potting a few tomatoes, choc chip cookies, shopping - a full day planned.
Ratat, your plant booth looks quite inviting, I love the colors. Did you do well, or spend on other plants and seeds? Looks like a fun day.
Tink, best of sales for you also. We should have these kind of events regularly.
Have a wonderful Friday. Stay safe and healthy. Get those bad backs healed.

Good morning from a card carrying member of the Bad Back Club. It's 53F (12C) on its way to 66F (19C). Cloudy with a few showers this afternoon. Doing some office work for a bit and then who knows? Not too enthusiastic about anything. I wish I could get all of these plants out of the basement and outside but I'm still a little hesitant. Ratty - your set-up looks great. Grilled Peppers, onions and sausages this evening. Beverages after that. Probably watch some more NFL DRAFT this evening. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's raining and 54F, on its way to 58F. Supposed to rain all day with 1"-2" of rain. We can use it. Second driest year on record, so far. Also the second warmest, so far. Unfortunately, it seems like the @BadBackClub is like the Hotel California, at least for me. @Ratatouille, seems your good vibes worked. Hospital says Mom's improving to the point of release, maybe as early as tomorrow. She says she's ready. I hope so. Need to do a few things around here - water plants and stuff, then to the hospital. Hope everybody has a fantastic Friday. Be safe (and dry) out there.

'Morning.

It's 56°F (13°C) with a high of 69°F (20°C). My right pectoralis muscle finally healed. So, last night I finished everything in the grow tent: I removed the heat mat and the controller, taped-up a few loose cords so their out of the way, potted up three Roma tomatoes, two Agave Tequilana pups, and my Gator Jigsaw Purple.... I didn't know the leaves would turn dark purple.

Today, I'm just going to do a few errands and back.. trying to avoid the NFL draft downtown.

Last edited:
Good morning.

Congrats Ratatouille on the sale!!!

Stretching with some basic yoga exercises and working in the yard did my back good. Started this morning with some more stretching. Hopefully my card gets revoked and I’m kicked out of the club for awhile. My knee is another story.

Some pot ups, steel cut oat meal and maybe a couple little projects. Need to mow the lawn, but I’ll save some fun for my son this weekend.

Hope you all have a great day.

Morning all,

@Tinkerbelle Was it a puppy Friday yesterday? Good luck with the sale today. I hope you get to talk about plants all day!

@catherinew Did yiu bring some new annuals back home? My sale left me with a nice budget to buy more seeds and plants, but I have not spend it yet. Probably only because there were hardly any plant sellers there at that moment. :D

@Downriver Glad to hear about your mum! If she would stay any longer, I would have started sending postcards.

@OCD Chilehead Congrats on getting the back straightened out!

It's yet another day in the woods. Tomorrow we'll go back home. I miss my garden, so I'll probably do some yard work here to get rid of that itch.

Dinner yesterday was tasty. We got asparagus from a farmer. I'm very tempted to go back again today. But grilled peppers (thanks for the inspiration @Harry_Dangler) is an option as well. Maybe fill them with something? If the drizzle stops, grilling them over open fire outside might finally be an option.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Morning all - the weekend is here and it's full of fun and work, but more fun than work :D
Weather is humid and muggy but at least it's not raining and the threatened thunderstorm hasn't appeared yet.
Off to the Spring Fair at the charity shop today, it is a really big deal in these here parts.
Got the peppers in the car, not taking them all today as I need to give our "regular" customers a chance with them on Tuesday.
@Ratatouille No puppy pics yet, but we did take some yesterday - the pups were in fine form. It'll give you something to look forward to. I shall be talking dogs and plants today - that's about all I can manage these days :lol:
Have a good Saturday - keep dry, cool, painfree and smile - it's going to be great :D
oh yes, MotoGP is on this weekend as well - yippppeeeeeeee :dance:

Headed to the Green Swamp for a bike ride with a buddy. Sonya has two friends coming over and bringing a cat. I dont mind but the cat better be tough, its not a easy life here on the farm. Our cats all get to be 15 pounds and are pretty hardcore. Probably play guitar most of the afternoon. Have a great day and good morning.

Good morning. It's 46F (8C) on its way to 72F (22C). High winds are back in the forecast. Watching the early match then watering the plants in the basement. Working in the barn on fishing tackle after that. Heading up to the city for the match this evening. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's mostly cloudy and 51F, on its way to 71F. Received 1.33" of rain yesterday. A break today, but rain returns tomorrow. Need to run a couple of errands, then off to the hospital. Hope everybody has a super Saturday. Be safe out there.

Back