• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Have a good road trip @Ratatouille may it not rain on you.
Thanks Tink. We had a blast!

20230512_130354.jpg

Good morning and Happy Mother's Day. It's 65F on its way to 84F. First round of planting is complete. Not too bad. There were no fights and nobody got hurt :). Raised bed repairs today and then a run to the nursery for raised bed mix. Got to move Batch #2 plants outside for hardening too. That will be enough for today. Grilling this evening. Be safe and be good.

I believe we are having Ice Cream for dinner.
Yum!
Good morning and Happy Mother’s Day. 47F and raining all night.
The plant swap went well, meeting lots of newer people. We drove 1.5 hours into ‘virgin ‘country for us, with lots of farms, etc. Nice to see rural CO for a change. I brought 5 trays of plants and came home with less than 2 - victory.
Today we’re traveling downtown for lunch. Maybe a visit from family, but nothing is planned.
Fresh fruit and ice cream for dinner sounds great.
Have a wonderful day with family.

Good morning and Happy Mother's Day! It's sunny and 62F, on its way to 77F. A beautiful Mother's Day indeed. Will get cleaned up and head over to Mom's and spend time with her. Then home and chill. Maybe watch the golf match. Hope everybody has a peaceful and restful Sunday.

Happy Monday all,

We survived the weekend. On to the rest of this week.

My weekend was lovely. I met a French farmer on the market selling ailette, dried espelette pepper and oignons de trébons plants. He sold lots of big garlic bulbs as well. Amazing stuff.

Weather was rainy, will be rainy again today. Yada, yada, yada.

Let's start of this week. Be happy, be bold, keep safe. 👋

Morning all - Monday has arrived with sunshine, about flipping time, Spring has been a washout so far.
Anyways, pepper plant stuff a.m. then work p.m.
And that's it for me.
Risi e Bisi for dinner - basically leftovers with rice :lol:
Have a good Monday, keep warm, dry, calm, pain-free and smile whatever :D

Good morning. Rain all last night that has saturated the ground, and hopefully is filling the reservoirs. I’m kinda hoping this global warming will be bringing regular afternoon rains this summer. Everyone’s green lawns look so nice.
Monday errands, coffee group, neighbor’s dog. Looks like a beautiful grey day.
Have a wonderful Monday. Find some colorful flowers, new sprouts, and take pics. They’re good for the soul.

Good morning.

Yesterday was a rough day. First Mother’s Day without mom. That’s life I suppose. My grandfather always said”If you live long enough, everyone you know dies”. He was 97 when he passed. Hope everyone had a good day. Did some gardening and serviced the swamp cooler. I should t have been up on the roof, but I couldn’t find anyone to do it. At least I didn’t fall.

Today I’m soaking the pots and planning on doing a final pot on a bunch of plants. No rain for us.

Have a great day.
It’s almost Friday.

Last edited:
Good morning. It's 68F on its way to nowhere. Substantially cooler and foggy/rainy. Working on some office stuff and then I've got to get the last batch of plants out of the basement and on to the walkout patio for planting this coming weekend. The helper crew had soooo much fun over the weekend that they are planning to return this coming weekend to finish up the planting. OK with me. They usually just want to reap the benefits of the garden so all the help this year is OK with me. I've got 50 or so plants that I need to give away. There's some real beauties in there too. No more room .... the plants must go! That's about it. My wife's got some out-patient surgery today and I'm on taxi service later this morning. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's partly sunny and 56F, on its way to 74F. Another nice Spring day. Hope to get down to the garden today and make some real progress. We will see. Chuck, my father says something similar. He'll be 95 in July. Still bowls and plays golf every week. He's in better shape than I am lol. Hope everybody has a marvelous Monday. Be safe out there.

Good morning,

Little time left for typing out words. I'm getting my number of steps in, that's for sure. Down the stairs with the plants, in the sun, moving them in the shade, out of the wind, up the stairs again, getting the next batch. Watering them, feeding them, still fighting aphids.

They are overstating their welcome. I will be planting at least half of them out this Friday. Come rain or come shine.

Up the stairs again. 👋😘

Morning all - Tuesday is with us. Sunny and windy forecast for today. Don't care as long as it doesn't rain.
I have 70 plants going off to the shop today so that should ease the pressure on the greenhouse :D

I know what you mean @Ratatouille, doing the plant hokey cokey - in, out, in, out - luckily I have no stairs involved :lol:

Work today all day, which is fun fun fun.

Have a good Tuesday, keep warm, dry, calm, cool, pain-free and smile - you know you want to :D

Good morning. Waking to sun, must be Spring or something similar. I planted a few broccoli I received from the swap, asprobroc. Something new to try. The rest of the garden still needs to dry out. I’m hoping to visit the CG today. Hubby cut down the rhubarb flowers, so it’s time for jam. I have a request for strawberry rhubarb with superhots.
I hope your day goes well. Hug a tree and share some cut flowers. S.M.I.L.E.

Good morning.

Going for a walk this morning while it’s still cool. 46f/8c going to 77f/25c. Need to get some of this Winter fat off. Lol

Planted 25 plants outside. Looked like a lot more. Damn it! Need to get my head checked. Still got 3 flats left. I’ll sort through them today and see what I want. Then I can mix soil for them. The rest are giveaways and sale. Already gave 10 or so away.

Off to mow weeds and dust. Have a great day and good morning.
Hope you get some rain soon.
I’ve got 4 plates for you. I know I have at least 3 more somewhere. If not I know where I can find a bunch. There is a local Walmart a few miles from here. Just kidding. I’ll DM when I find them all.

Well, have a great day unless you’ve made other plans.

Good morning. Partly sunny and 65F, on its way to 75F. Nice this morning, but rain moving in this afternoon. Worked some more on clearing the electric fence around the garden yesterday. Only have about 40' left to go. Maybe get it done today before it rains. Might try to inventory plants this afternoon. Other than that, we'll see what pops up. Hope everybody has a terrific Tuesday. Be safe and have fun out there.

Good morning. It's 60F on its way to 70F. Dull, dark, foggy, gray and spitting rain. Looking forward to the weekend .... that's when the last of the Spring garden finally gets planted. Office work this morning. This afternoon, the last of the plants get moved out from under the lights to the walkout patio for plant out this weekend! Delivering a dozen tomato and a dozen pepper plants to a buddy tomorrow evening. What's left over will be split between my sister and our daughter. Be safe and be good.

Morning all, I solved my problem by setting the alarm half an hour early. There's time again for morning coffee. Just brought some plants our, rearranged the hardy seedlings that are already outside, but need to be planted out soon and killed some aphids. I feel accomplished in life already. 😉 What? To soon?

Off to work, but not before I had a few minutes on the couch, watching the news. I think it's supposed to be a dry day today. No rain. I'm going to enjoy that. Even from inside.

Dinner is sweet peppers filled with canned artichoke hearts, some feta and other stuff.

Happy Wednesday!

Morning all - Hump Day is here!
Another windy day with a NE wind blowing, regardless, the sun is shining.
Need to pay a bit of attention to the pepper plants as I ignored them yesterday, don't want anyone sulking.
Another 50 pepper and tomato plants left home for the charity shop yesterday and most sold, which relieves pressure on the greenhouse.
Still have another 30 to go to friends.
Errands and catching up to do today.
Think I'm cooking Chinese tonight.
Have a good Wednesday, keep calm, cool, pain-free and smile - you know you want to :D

Back