• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. It's 65F on its way to 88F. Another nice day. Canning green beans and making a batch of habanero salsa with hot paper lantern and bonda ma jacque pods today. We also need to make jerk sauce sometime this week to use up some scotch bonnets. Not much else is going on today. Grilling pork chops and having beverages later on. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's sunny and 70F, on its way to 82F. Should be a beautiful day. Managed to "cut the hill" grass yesterday. Always fun to do (not). Push mowed around the house and such. Dripping wet. Clouds and a little rain moved in around 5pm. Everybody else got hammered. Not sure what's on the agenda for today, but it'll be outside. 20" smallmouth sounds like fun. I chased largemouth for over 10 years, while I lived in Texas. Spring crappie as well. Lots of fun. Hope everybody has a terrific Tuesday. Be safe and enjoy your day.

Good morning, I still made it. Not noon yet where I live. Lol

Swamp cooler went out yesterday. Still have a month of heat. It’s been mid 90’s in the day and lower 50’s at night. It was 48 a few nights ago. Still need the cooler mid afternoon. Been up there all morning. My knee is cussing me bad. Got it working. I believe the bearings are going. Lubed it up and lossened the belt so it didn’t have so much resistance.

Going to ice the knee now and educate myself in mycology.

Taking a course about soil next week. I like this grow shop. They offer classes from locals.

Have a great day y’all. Find some peace and relaxation along the way.

Morning all - Hump Day is here and it's going to be hot hot hot for a few days.
Been weeding already and it's roasting out there already at just gone 10 a.m. either that or I've been working too hard.
Chores and errands planned for the rest of the day and maybe a nap this p.m. due to the heat of course.
Have a good Wednesday - keep cool, calm, pain-free and smile :D

Good morning. Busy day, especially when another Dr. appt. Cuts the day in half. I started to thin the scrawny beets and came up with enough for a batch of pickled beets to make today. Palisade peaches are ripening, so that’s next in the queue this week.
Have a great day. Stay cool in the heat and don’t get overheated.

Good morning. It's 72F on its way to 80F. Storms in progress cooling things down. It's supposed to rain until noon. We desperately need the rain. Looks like I might work in the barn or the garden shed this morning. Our summer garden is winding down and now it's time to think about what to plant for the fall garden. My wife will be working on canning again today. She made several different salsas yesterday. Not much else going on today due to the WX. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's sunny and 71F, on its way to 84F. Should be a nice day. Nothing specific planned for today. Just gonna wing it. Hope everybody has a wonderful Wednesday. Be safe out there and enjoy life.

Good morning.

PT today. Going to look at a car later. Can’t sleep these days. I stay awake in bed until about 2:30 or 3am. Then I get up around 8am. 5 hrs still isn’t bad. I’d like 6 or 7.

Going to go and pick up my mushroom hit tomorrow. I’m so excited. I read about quite a few different mushrooms for culinary and some for medicinal. One says don’t take if you take blood pressure meds. I take BP meds. Why am I not taking this mushroom instead??? BP meds are horrible.

My son started soccer this week. School starts next week. Fall is coming. I can feel it.
Need to make a list of things to get done before Winter.

Take care and enjoy.

Hurrah Flirty Thursday is here with its promise of weekend.
Thunderstorms and rain first thing this a.m. - saves me from watering stuff.
I'm in the middle of making courgette curry, well you have to do something with the damn things.
Seeing friends this p.m. and that's it for today.
Have a good Thursday - keep calm, dry, cool and pain-free and SMILE :D

Good morning. It's dawn, so I don't know if it's sunny, lol. Supposed to have showers/thunderstorms all day. Still dry out there. Probably run a few errands this morning, then tackle some more cukes this afternoon. Hope everybody has a terrific Thursday. Be safe out there and have fun.

Good morning. Cloudy, no rain in the WX. Sad to hear about the fires on Maui, one of our favorite places to visit. Eastern CO got pelted with hail again, we lucked out. Not the best year for a garden. Hubby is getting his car detailed, so we’re shopping for a few hours after garden chores. Kudos for Mrs. Harry and all the canning she’s been doing.
Have a wonderful day. Be thankful for little things. Pay it forward.

Good morning. It's 69F on its way to 89F. Mostly sunny and humid. Heading out to the garden in a few minutes to pick anything that needs harvesting. Dentist appointment this afternoon. Got right at 1" of rain yesterday ..... no big winds nor hail .... that's good. Not much else is happening. Our grandson will be here this morning too. Be safe and be good.

Morning. Some errands to run and home pt exercises. Lost 7 lbs the past week. Pretty damn good. It will take time. I’m about 25lbs overweight. Will change if I get back on my beach cruiser. We have paved bike path that goes into town and to the parks. It’s across the street from me. I use to ride a couple hours through out town.

Have a good one.

Morning all - Friday is here at last. Weather very odd, cloudy and pretty chilly this a.m going up to 32C this p.m. bizarre.
Working round feeding the peppers and tomatoes, cucumbers are dying off I'm going to plant another couple of plants as we don't tend to get a frost until mid November, it's experimental :lol:
And that's about it from me so far.

well done on your weight loss @OCD Chilehead

Have a good Friday - keep calm, cool, dry and smile :D

Back