• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. It's 76F on its way to 96F. Rain to south. All packed up and ready to go. Leaving here at 1300. Heading to my fishing partner's place and will spend the night. Then up very early tomorrow morning for the 15 hour drive to Northwest Ontario. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's sunny and 78F, on its way to 97F (rf 102F). Another hot one. Cut the fallen tree up yesterday and hauled it to the burn pile. I was right. That was all I could manage. Soaked to the bone by the end of that adventure. Today, water the garden early (like now), then some admin stuff for the BBQ comp next weekend. Not sure what's on tap after that. Might just sit in the recliner and watch golf or something, ha. Hope the insomnia passes soon, Chuck. That surely has to suck. Hope everybody has a peaceful and restful Sunday. Be safe out there and enjoy your day.

Good morning. It's sunny and 77F, on its way to 98F (rf 103F). Excessive heat warning issued. Gonna be downright toasty out there today. Watered garden yesterday. Might go down this morning and do a few things before it gets hot(ter). Errands this afternoon. Hope everybody has a marvelous Monday. Be safe out there and drink!

Last edited:
Too busy for a Monday morn, but special forces get what they want. Up to 98* today also, gave a deep watering to my corn and banana peppers, which are in ground , and made sure containers were saturated and covered up with tyvek. Should be enough for today's heat as the shade cloth has been the only savior this year. Let's all just get thru today.

Good morning. I finally went to sleep at around midnight last night. Was fatigued but not tired all day yesterday. Then it just hit me. Hopefully this sleep broke the spell. Even when I do sleep, I only sleep for about 5-6hrs. I can’t sleep in the daytime as well. 😂 I guess there will be plenty of time to sleep when I’m dead. Until then.

Have a good day. 76 headed to 95. Going to Fruita. 103 down there today. Stay cool, be cool and have a great day.

Good morning. I’m hoping today is the last day of 90’s for a week. Sure is a lot to keep everything watered.
Monday errands, bfast group, now it’s home time for everything else.
Glad you’re sleeping a bit, Chuck. This heat does not help. What’s in Fruita?
Have a great day. Stay cooler and hydrated.

Good morning. We were blessed with rain yesterday, so the afternoon temp dropped from 94 to 70. Don’t have to scramble to get things done this AM before the heat sets in. We have mice or voles at the CG, so out come the traps. The grasshoppers are also en force this year.
Have an enjoyable day. Take time for yourself and your pets. Stay cool and hydrated.

Good morning. 60-84F, a comfortable day ahead. We set mouse traps last night, will check them out this AM. Whoever saw the creatures have different visions of size - from vole to ‘big rat’. I just want it/them gone.
Nothing unusual on the docket. Have a wonderful day. Keep cool and hydrated.

Good morning. It's sunny and 74F, on its way to 92F. Calling for a heavy thunderstorm this afternoon. We'll see. Yesterday was so hot, I couldn't log in to THP, ha. 104F actual. Dentist appt this AM, then prepping for BBQ travel tomorrow. Need to water garden thoroughly. Hope everybody has a wonderful Wednesday. Be safe out there and respect Mother Nature.

The morning was moist, just plain sticky. Storms missed us again but after a 99* day I gave everything a deep soakin last night. Up to 96* today with those nasty down burst storms coming. Probably miss us again, pools back under control but at 94* my bladder emptied out after I got in, just kidding. Quick 8 today with Japanese engineering and their fish snacks, can't wait to get back home. Stay 😎

Good morning. It's cloudy and 72F, on its way to 82F. Thunderstorm this morning, then mostly cloudy all day. Good day for a trip, I guess. :rolleyes: Off to the BBQ event. Hope everybody has a super weekend. Be safe out there and enjoy the company of your friends and family.

Good morning. Cool this AM, hot later this afternoon. Good day for being with Mother Nature. Even the cat is lazy.
Have a wonderful time at the BBQ Downriver. Enjoy that delicious event with lots of friends and chefs. Bring home a few samples for leftover sandwiches. Yum.
Have a great summer day. Keep the bugs away and stay 😎.

Back