• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. It's sunny and 79F, on its way to 96F (RF 106F). Danger of dehydration and heatstroke. Doesn't sound like it's gonna be too nice out there today. Got the tire inflated on the Kubota finally. Had to use a ratchet strap as a bead belt. Now to see if it held air overnight. Watered the garden yesterday. That's about it. Too hot to do much else. May have to water again today. Gonna run down and check in a minute, then back to the house for the A/C and some inside futzing. Hope everybody has a terrific Tuesday. Be safe out there and respect the heat.

Last edited:
Good morning. It's 70F on its way to 86F. Partly sunny and pleasant. Running errands all morning up in the city and then doing lunch. This afternoon, futzing with fishing tackle and packing for Canada. Maybe watch some futbol. BLTs this evening. Beverages later on. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. Last comfortable day until the 90’s and 100’s start. Eye Dr. for hubby, breakfast, then playing in the garden until it gets too warm. We picked most of the currants and made Raspberry Currant jam last night. Hoping to pick sour cherries in a day or so and then more jam. Not sure exactly which flavors go w/sour cherries, maybe raspberry and lime (?).
Have a wonderful day. Respect Mother Nature and all of her creatures. The Japanese Beetles are an exception.

5 lawns from monday to do today, im behind. Had to fire a customer at mobile home park yesterday. She will have fun having someone come in there to mow one lawn. Need to get what I need to do today, get home and relax. Some guitar and wine this afternoon would be nice. Hope everyone has a terrific day. Good morning.

Good morning. It's sunny and 79F, on its way to 93F (RF 101F). Usual chance of a thunderstorm this afternoon. Haven't seen one yet, but I'm sure they're out there :rolleyes:. Kubota tire held air overnight, so I decided to move some dirt yesterday. I knew it was going to be hot, but I'm riding a tractor, how bad can it be? Well, the boxes are now full, and I was completely saturated. Man, was it hot! Sic, I don't know how you do it. Today is errand day....and probably more sweating. Hope everybody has a wonderful Wednesday. Be safe out there and DRINK!

Good morning. It's 72F (22C) on its way to 91F (33C). This is the last day of the nice WX. The oppressive heat comes back starting tomorrow. I harvested the sweet corn yesterday. My wife is busy processing it this morning. Today, I have a business meeting mid-morning and then I'm futzing the rest of the day. I'll probably finish packing fishing tackle and watching futbol this afternoon. I have a match up in KC tonight. It will be a late night. Be safe and be good.

Last edited:
Good morning. It's sunny and 69F, on its way to 90F. Not quite as hot, and less humid today. Finally got hit with one of those afternoon thunderstorms yesterday. Got almost an inch of rain in 45 minutes. Not much, but we'll take it. Not sure what's on the agenda today. Been picking blackberries the last several days. They're really producing this year, despite the arid conditions. Probably do some futzing in the garden and around the yard, until the heat chases me inside. Hope everybody has a terrific Thursday. Be safe out there and respect the heat.

Good morning. 70-95F, and already quite warm and dry this AM. I’m not looking forward to the weekend’s heat. The Japanese beetles have taken hold of my pole beans, hopefully they will leave the few peaches alone.
Assembling baby layettes for the needy this AM, watering and fertilizing the garden, then finding a cool place to relax. We’ve been watching ‘Poker Face’ again, oh to have her gift.
Have a great day and keep those pets and wildlife watered. Stay cool and hydrated.

Good morning. It's 71F on its way to 91F. Sarting tomorrow, the daytime temps will be close to triple digits for 5 days or so. Late night match ..... rain delay, extra periods ..... ugh! A little groggy this morning. One business meeting this morning and then I expect I'm gonna mow. Futzing after that. Catherine: My Jap beetle invasion hasn't been too bad this year. Of course, they're attracted by all of my knock-out roses. BBQ shrimp and beverages later on. Be safe and be good.

Not sure if im having a DVT attack or pulled muscle but ive been in pain since monday evening. Its raining and has been all morning. Taking day off but that puts me a full day behind but I get to rest. Which im not sure is beneficial, maybe I need to move the pain to be gone. Have a great day and good morning.

It's sunny and 70F, on its way to 81F. Supposed to rain today, but now they changed the forecast to chance of showers. Bummer. At least it's not too hot. That starts tomorrow. Did a few things in the garden yesterday - not much. Today, I need to do some weeding, then some maintenance around the house. Sic, I hope you feel better, buddy! That doesn't sound like any fun at all. Hope everybody has a freaky good Friday. Be safe out there and enjoy your day.

Good morning and Happy National French Fry Day! It's 75F on its way to 95F. Breezy, sunny and very warm. Mowed yesterday. Probably just futzing around today. Heading out on my trip tomorrow afternoon.
Sic ... freakin' intestinal issues suck ... I know from experience. I have been getting old for a long time and I think I've reached that "old" milestone ... yes, it sucks. Take it easy.
Making something with french fries for this evening. Beverages and sitting in the pool this afternoon. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. 66-99F, dry. Just finished watering at the CG that was really dry. Picked some lettuce, spinach for lunch. Cukes are 1” (!). At least they’re in the future 😀😀.
Sic, I hope you feel much better. Getting old(er) is not for sissies, though it is better than the other. Downriver, are you in that category?! Sic is NOT!!
Have a great day, stay cool, and hydrated.

Good morning. Sunny and 71F, on its way to 92F. Starting another streak of hot and dry. Yesterday was a futz day, today I need to get some things done. Water the garden, of course. Also, had an old dead tree fall down. It was full of woodpecker holes, and became a nesting tree for bluebirds and tree swallows. Hence, the prohibition from being removed. Thankfully, nesting is done for this year. Need to cut it up and haul it to the burn pile. That will probably be more than enough for today, lol. And no, Catherine, I'm not dead, and I'm not a sissy. I'm getting more manly every day! Hope everybody has a super Saturday. Be safe out there and remember our wildlife friends during these hot days.

Last edited:
Good morning. It hit 102F yesterday, same for the next 2 days. The WX is hoping for the usual afternoon monsoon rain and wind next week. It would be nice. For now it’s enjoying the cooler inside of the house or outside shade.
The Jap beetles have been ferocious this year, but only on the beans at home so far. Only a few at the CG. Blister beetles, too.
Harry, have a wonderful time on your fishing trip.
Enjoy Mother Nature’s beauty, stay healthy and hydrated.

Back