• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. Typical July heat is back, no rain in the forecast. Watered at the CG w/2 little girls wanting my attention - to catch bugs. The oldest (9) is quite brave and took mommy’s scissors to chop off grasshopper heads, as I taught her (!). She had great luck this AM wirh that and even found new-to-her bugs to squish. The joys of gardening.
Lunch w/the gals today, then more weeding at home. The garden here is looking much better w/all that larkspur pulled. Still lots to do.
Have a wonderful Friday. Respect Mother Nature and share your bounty w/those less fortunate.

Good morning. Sounds like a great day to relax, Sic. Here it’s a bit cloudy, cooler, waiting for that non-existent rain. Whatever is blooming for flowers are beautiful, lots of purples from liatris, phlox, coneflowers. The veggies are slow because of the high temps, just hope I’ll get more tomatoes than I see in July.
Have a wonderful day. Share your bounty. S.M.I.L.E.

Good morning. It's 66F on its way to 83F. Apparently the cool WX has followed us down from Canada. It's nice today in the Land of Oz.
We are completely over-run with garden produce. We'll be processing every day for the foreseeable future. We have several weeks worth of work ahead of us. We have hundreds of cucumbers, tomatoes and annuums. I also need to harvest superhots, sweet corn and the last of the onions sometime today. Need to mow and trim too. Going to be busy. Cucumber salads and BLTs for dinner. Beverages later on. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's cloudy and 73F, on its way to only 79F. Mix of clouds and sun with a thunderstorm around. Sounds like a potentially nice day on tap. Well, we have returned from the BBQ Competition. A few folks didn't show up, so I ended up having to judge. That was not in the plans. After eating 6 chicken thighs, 6 ribs, a pound of pulled pork and a pound of brisket, I remembered why I don't judge much anymore. Beyond full. The chicken was excellent, the ribs were very good, the pork was poor, and the brisket was just ok. Not a bad bunch of pitmasters, overall. THEN, that night, several of the teams from the hills and hollows of TN, KY, VA, and WV pulled out this clear stuff in canning jars. Can't recall much after that, ha. All in all, we enjoyed ourselves muchly. Now, down to the garden to see what's happened over the last 4 days :shocked:. Hey Harry, how was the fishing trip? Hope everybody has a marvelous Monday. Be safe out there and watch out of clear stuff in ball jars! 🤕

Good morning. It's 67F on its way to 87F. Should be a nice day. The oppressive heat comes back tomorrow. Mowed and trimmed yesterday. The fishing trip was average. Lots of fish caught but the number of trophy fish caught was down. Today, I've got a BBQ lunch meeting at 1300 and then I'm futzing. Our apples are ripening. I think they'll be ready in a couple weeks if I can keep the deer out of them. Gave away a bunch of produce to some "church ladies" that came over to bother my wife. Nothing much else is happening. More BLTs this evening. Beverages too. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's sunny and 71F, on its way to 87F. Calling for showers and a thunderstorm this afternoon. Got about .75" of rain overnight. Really needed it, plus more. Checked out the garden yesterday. Have I told you I hate tree rats (aka squirrels)? They're raiding the garden and eating tomatoes. Probably found a dozen tomato tops scattered around. Worse, they stripped the two peach trees of all their fruit, AGAIN! Peaches were barely larger than a golf ball, and hard as a rock. At least 2-3 weeks before ripening. It's the drought. They're after the moisture. They get no sympathy from me. The damn river is only 100 YARDS away. Lazy bastiages. Have a Dr's appointment this morning, then run some errands while we're out. Home to futz after that. Hope everybody has a terrific Tuesday. Be safe out there and share any squirrel recipes you might have. 😡

Good morning. 57-87F, hazy from the Canadian wildfires, red sunrise. WX says dry until next week and temps in the high 90's. The grasshoppers and Japanese beetles are ravaging through the garden and peaches, like Downriver's squirrels. I usually have 4-5 water stations for the wildlife - mostly squirrels, wasps, bees, pests. It helps a bit, but too many pests. Pickling beets this AM, either early or late because of the energy prices. Higher prices are 1 - 7PM this summer. We just have to choose our battles.
Have a wonderful day. Stay cool and hydrated. AQI is not the best, so they're asking us to stay inside today. Fat chance.

Good morning. It is 72F in NF right now, with the high expected to be 84 by late afternoon. That means I get to water my pepper plants this morning. Yay! For now, I'm drinking my morning coffee, and getting some Y.E.A.R. stickers ready to mail out to friends. I'm also whipping up a small batch of chile flakes to mail out to an author I met recently. I hope I don't light them up so bad they tell me to stop reading their books. LOL. Have a great day everyone. 😎

Good morning. It's cloudy and 72F, on its way to 82F. WX says 89% chance of showers and a thunderstorm. We'll see. With that forecast, it sounds like an inside day. Maybe some basement futzing, or maybe some garage futzing. Don't know. I guess whatever strikes me, lol. Hope everybody has a wonderful Wednesday. Be safe out there and enjoy your day.

Good morning. Red sunrise, 90 degree temps have returned along w/the pests. I picked 3 color-ripe, hard peaches last night to see if they might ripen. No problem if they don’t. Going up to the CG to weed before the heat starts, maybe do a little extra watering. Oh - we had a thief steal another gardener’s cabbage. Time for Sherlock to figure this out.
Have a wonderful day, despite the weather. Try to stay cool and hydrated.

Good morning. It's 64F on its way to 94F. DR: I think a .410 might be the ticket for those squirrels but it's very difficult to thin out the herd. You take care of one and dozens show up for the funeral! Early voting today followed by futzing. Grilling some chicken this evening. Beverages later on. Be safe and be good.

Back