• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. 50-80F, I could get used to these temps all year round. Monday errands, coffee group, then more CG garden take down and help haul away others’ garden trash. This garden is so late this year that it’s sad to not have things ripen on the plant. Oh well.
Have a great day and take time for yourself.

Good morning. It's sunny and 63F, on its way to 71F. Pretty day on tap. Back home from the quick trip North. Always good to see old friends. Ran down to the garden before we left, to pick some peppers for one of our friends. Was surprised to find the cukes, summer squash, and winter squash vines were done for. It almost looked like a frost hit them, but we haven't had one yet. I guess it was all that rain we got steady for 10 days, 🤷‍♂️. Planned on cutting the grass finally, but it rained again last night. So, that's out for today. That's ok, there are plenty of other things to do outside. Hope everybody has a marvelous Monday. Be safe out there and don't overdo the yard work.

Good morning. It's sunny and 45F, on its way to 70F. Chilly start, but a nice day on tap. Margarita Monday hit last night, and it was excellent. It had been a while 🍹. More yard work on tap. It's time to start tearing down parts of the garden and prepping it for Winter. Great weather for it. Sic, you and Sonya stay safe. Hope everybody has a terrific Tuesday. Be safe out there and don't overdo.

Good morning. 48-78F with poor air quality due to western wildfires. More garden takedown after a morning meeting. Thoughts and prayers for Sic and Sonya and everyone living on the west side of FL. This hurricane season is getting to be brutal. Stay safe.
Enjoy your day as best you can. Take time for yourself.

Good morning. It's 45F on its way to 85F. Another very nice day. More garden tear out and futzing today.
Batten down the hatches Sic. Milton looks terrifying. I commuted weekly (for 1 year) down to Sarasota (from KC) earlier in my career and am familiar with the area. Looks like Longboat, Siesta, Bradenton and Sarasota are now in the bullseye. Yikes!
Grilling some stuffed pork chops this evening. Probably have a few beverages too. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. Prayers for FL, especially Sic and Sonya. Stay safe.
Not too much going on here besides the slow garden takedown. Lunch with the gals, then more garden stuff. I’m sure I’ll be hauling lots of debris to the dumpster from the other gardeners.
Enjoy your day, stay safe and healthy.

Good morning. It's sunny and 40F, on its way to 72F. Another nice day. Had to weed-wack some yesterday down at the garden, just to be able to open the gate. The grass has gone crazy with all that rain. Tried to cut it yesterday, but still way too wet. Picked straggling cukes and okra. Also picked tomatillos and some turnips. Today, it's cut the grass or start tearing down the garden. Good luck Sic. You two stay safe. Hope everybody has a wonderful Wednesday. Be safe out there and hug the one you're with.

Good morning. It's sunny and 52F, on its way to 63F. A little cooler today. Midday yesterday, the WX guessers decided to issue a Frost Advisory. Great. Scrambled around and picked a LOT of peppers, but not all. Ran out of daylight. Not sure if it frosted down there yet. Guess I'll find out today when we go down to finish picking. My back is killing me, lol. Now, they've issued a Freeze Watch for tonight. I'd say that will be the end of this year's garden. Better get a move on, ha. Hoping the best for @sicman, @skullbiker, and the rest of our friends in FL. Check-in when you can, to let us know you're ok. Hope everybody has a terrific Thursday. Be safe out there and start digging out the long pants. :shocked:

Good morning. Another beautiful Fall day to work on garden removal, etc. At least the new lawns look great though I’m waiting for the water bill from hell. The weather has been so warm that the apples aren’t ripening fast enough for me. Applesauce will have to wait until we get back.
Enjoy your Fall day, stay healthy during allergy season. Prayers for Sic and Sonya.

Last night was scary at times. We stayed in our hallway. Green house roof ripped off and the amount of debris is crazy. Cows are standing in water because of the flooding. We got very lucky, things could have been way worse. Our community is bad,not expecting power for a few days. There will be places it takes a couple weeks. Have the generator fired up so we can use water and get the freezer going and charge some stuff. Have a great day, thanks for the thoughts and prayers. Good morning.

Good morning. It's sunny and 35F, on its way to 72F. Should be a nice day. Went down to check on the garden yesterday, and it looked like there was no frost/freeze. We picked the rest of everything that was pickable. We've got a couple of warmer nights ahead, then mid-thirties forecasted for almost a week. It's just a matter of time. First Frost is 3-4 weeks early this year. Oh, well. There's always garden cleanup to be done. Glad to hear you and Sonya are alright, Sic. That sure was a horrendous storm. Hope your friends and neighbors are ok as well. Hope everybody has a freaky good Friday. Be safe out there and enjoy your day.

Good morning. Glad to hear you’re alright, brother Sic. Hope electricity is restored quickly for ya.

Harvested Tomatillos and some peppers. I did quite well in peppers this year. Considering I ended up with 15 or so 3 gallon containers. I’ll over winter a few.

I had a couple nursery Bhut Jolokias and some Caribbean Reds. One of the Bhut plants came out elongated bright orange. I thought maybe a cross with Orange Habanero, but they don’t propagate Orange Hab. Just Red Caribbean. They have a nice super hot smell, but no bite. The couple I are are super mild. Like Serrano! Those Red Caribbeans are way hot!!! Hottest Hab I’ve ever had. Need to pic some more today. I’ll keep some seeds from both and see what happens next year.

Hope all is well today and have a good day if at all possible.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
Back