• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good Morning Everyone ...enjoy the day as best you can..cooking Indian today,,doing some prep .. then I can cook later,shrimp curry & Potato roti ..
IMG_4612.jpg
IMG_4617.jpg

Its potato and spices added to dough cooked on a griddle..

IMG_4620.jpg

most of the prep is done ..just have to put it all together...and make the curry,which is the easy part. ;)

Good Morning Everyone..Happy  anniversary  Catherine...enjoy the day.
Weather is a non issues this week..dry 70's/50's..Here's the completion of the meal I made for supper last eve.I love hot & spicy Indian food. It's shrimp curry & potato roti.. which is  lots of spices & inserted in the dough and rolled out and cooked on a griddle-like gadget.
Lots of work but the end result is worth it.. ;)
yMJokJv.jpg
7Qxi34a.jpg

Good morning all :)

that dish looks delicious Sandy  :drooling:

Happy Anniversary Jane 

here's a pic of this mornings harvest:   :dance:  :dance:
IdFIXWr.jpg

gonna pack up a couple boxes to share and send out   :)

Hope everyone has a wonderful day
don't forget to S.M.I.L.E. :D

Wife and i are going to see Roos and Wallabies later this afternoon :woohoo:
new exhibit at the big Zoo opened up few months ago
 here's a news report from when it first opened
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1CuKe_wf1M
and the Baby Tiger cub is out in the exhibit now  :dance:

Minnesota Zoo Welcomes NEW Tiger Cub

•  
  •  

Vera is making her public debut!
The Minnesota Zoo is thrilled to announce the newest female Amur tiger cub, Vera (Veer-ah), is ready to make her public debut along the Northern Trail on Wednesday, August 23, 2017. The female cub is four months old and currently weighs 33 lbs.
The female cub was born on Wednesday, April 26 at 7:58 pm. She is the first offspring for mother, Sundari (Sun-dar-ee), who was born at the Minnesota Zoo in June of 2012. Father, 7-year-old Putin (Poo-tin) has sired two other litters in Denmark, where he lived before coming to the Minnesota Zoo

Thank you all for the anniversary wishes. Maybe we should fly on over to Wiri's for curry! I bet it was delicious!!

Look at GIP's huge pepper harvest! Whew. I'm lucky to get 3 or 4 in the AM. Chuck's and my day will come for a great harvest. It just may not be until October after a frost/freeze!

I'm the driver for a friend with her colonoscopy today. Exciting way to spend a couple of hours! Good reminder for everyone to have their own colonoscopy. Doctors suggest first one around the age of 40. Better to be safe than sorry at a later date.

Good morning everyone. It was a nice anniversary day, steak dinner tonight. I'm finally starting to pick a few ripe tomatoes that are heavenly. "Good things happen to those who wait." Or something like that. However I did find 2 huge hornworms and gave them to a fellow CG guy for his neighborhood boys. Now he's the "hornworm guy" - not my kind of moniker.

Have a great day and stay safe. Share the fun.

Good Morning Everyone...hope you have a safe & pleasant day.Off to Mass. for a day of leisure. ;)
Thanks Andrew .my husband loved the meal..& we had  left overs too as I made  a lot..
The zoo is one of my fav.. places to visit...nice photos too..thanks for sharing..and your harvest
 is so huge and such pretty colors..sure you will make lots of sauce etc with that Andy. :hot: .

Good morning all :)

had a great day at the zoo yesterday  :dance:
I know my picture quality still need a lot of work, but she (Vera, the tiger cub) is so dang Cute!
I just gotta share   :)

got to see the baby tiger cub  :woohoo:
2515N3f.jpg

here she is practicing her stalking

0skQgwj.jpg

and pouncing on mom 

yI8QFtS.jpg

3mobgHc.jpg

Playing :)

and Roos and Wallabies
2zdRQ0S.jpg

While you do get to be in the enclosure with the Roos and the Wallabies, this is about as close as you get unless they choose to come up to you
The Roos seemed far more interested to lounge in the sun and the wallabies in the shade. They really didn't pay any attention to the people in their enclosure.

u61TxAY.jpg

Wallabies (including an albino one thats a few months old) 

oh, I was pleasantly surprised to see that my Hardy Hibiscus finally decided to bloom  :dance:
dswlhqr.jpg

great big tropical looking blooms !

Hope everyone has a great day
S.M.I.L.E. :D
and be excellent to each other 

Good morning everyone. Another 90s day that keeps me in the shade. Looks like Chuck's temps have been close to 100s. I hope this is ripening weather.

Very nice pics of the tigers. Beautiful red hibiscus, too.

Off to the CG for watering and maybe more harvesting. I don't know how you all with no-freeze-weather stay sane. It's been a busy August with lots more to harvest. Keep well and give someone a hug today, and always smile.

Back