• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning everyone. No rain, no hail. Maybe today? SE of us got the deluge and 2” hail. Taking the friend back to the podiatrist for a follow up. Then plans are digging/dividing more iris. Cukes are really starting to bear fruit - I’d rather have tomatoes.

Enjoy your day, stay cool and hydrated. And S.M.I.L.E. Thanks to GIP.

Good morning.  Another unseasonably cool day in the middle.  74 for a forecasted high.  Very busy meeting schedule today.  Later this morning I'm actually going to the office.  Picking lots of tomatoes everyday.  Got a dehydrator full of peppers.  I noticed yesterday that it's time to roast green chiles again. I saw a bunch of Big Jim's, Rattlesnakes, Hatch Milds and Lumbres out in the garden.  Not much else happening other than the grass continues to grow.  Be safe and be good.    

Well yesterday sucked, dont miss being out there all day and everything that comes with it. Walk with the wife today, I believe we are doing 10 miles of hill repeats? Getting bikes ready tonight for a ride, not sure if we are going to the Swamp or keeping it on the roads? Have a wonderful day and good morning.

Good morning everyone. I like the temps at Harry’s farm, soon to be here in another month. No rain, no hail. Pickles and iris are on the docket plus freezing green bean, broccoli, and maybe summer squash - not too sure about the last one. Looks like a busy day.

I hope you all have an enjoyable day. Stay safe and healthy.

Good Morning!
Had a thunderstorm last night with high winds so everything nice and wet, watered for two hors in the morning since these 36c temps are a bit harsh, 15c right now.
Been harvesting Tomatoes and Kale and Salad leafs, hope peppers start ripening soon.
Have a great Day !

Good morning.  It's 54 this morning .... New record low.  Forecasted high of 77 today.  Looking to the weekend, we'll be back to our normal temps (90s).  Processing peppers and tomatoes is now a daily occurrence.  I need to roast green chiles on Friday before they all turn red!  My son will be here today to work for cash.  We'll see how that works out.  I have lots of fire wood to split and my wife wants him to refinish a park bench.  Our grand daughter is here until Saturday.  She and grandma have been having all kinds of fun.  Not much else happening.  Be safe and be good.    

Good morning everyone. Busy day like Harry, but he has loads to process. The 90*F temps are back all week. Nothing in comparison to the destruction of hurricane Isaias. We’re thinking about all of you in it’s path.

Have a great day and stay safe. It’s still going to be a wonderful day.

Good morning.  Busy meeting schedule today.  Today is my Friday!  Going to try to shut it down by 2:00 PM and then I plan on mowing the rest of the day.  It's 67 on its way to 85.  The temperature is forecasted to heat back up to the mid 90s for the weekend.  Tomorrow we're roasting chiles in the drum roaster.  I've got a bunch of superhot pods to process for seed and then I think I'll put the pods in dehydrator for powder.  I've also got some dehydrated pods that I need to process for paprika.  Yesterday, the wife pickled Biquinhos and Cowhorn rings.  I guess my sister came by and swiped most of our good tomatoes.  I think she also got a haul of tomatillos and jalapenos.  I don't think my son got much firewood split that I could tell.  Not sure what I'll be grilling tonight but I'm pretty sure it will be accompanied by adult beverages.  Not much else happening.  Be safe and be good.  

Good morning everyone. Storm came through w/rain and hail that missed us by 10 miles or so. A friend was texting to tell me to batten down the hatches because he was “In the storm” hiking. Luckily it missed us. Made hot dill pickles and froze lots of green beans yesterday, today it’s beets and broccoli. A friend dropped off a box of peaches so that will be in the queue next week. I’m glad we’re not on the East coast with hurricane season here.

I hope you all have a wonderful day. Stay healthy and safe.

Good Friday morning. Garden chores and digging up a few buckets of leaf mold on the docket for today. We’ve eaten 2 peaches - 1 was delicious, the 2nd like cardboard. Not much to choose from since the Western Slope orchards (And us) got hit with 20*F temps in May. Hopefully we’ll have good apples in October.

Have a great day and remember those less fortunate.

Good morning.  Not working in the office today.  Working on the farm.  It's 72 on its way to 85.  There's some nasty T-storms just to the south of us this morning.  It doesn't look like they're going to make it here as they're moving due East.  I got most of the mowing done yesterday but got rained out halfway through the back yard.  I need to finish that today.  I need to finish harvesting the green chiles and hopefully will roast them later on today.  Not sure what else I'm going to do today but there's plenty on the list.  Be safe and be good.   

Good morning. Another hot day in the forecast, yesterday it got to 97*F, not too hot to keep the Japanese beetles away. A neighbor had a trap for them, thinking it was a good thing for the neighbors - not too smart. He hooked it up close to our 2 neighbors yards, out of the way he said. The trap has hopefully been removed - don’t believe all you read/hear.

I hope your day goes well. Good for Sic and his wife and their long walk. Stay healthy and safe.

Good morning.  It's 71 on its way to 91.  We had T Storms very early this morning and they're now moving into Missouri,  Looks like small chores today and then adult beverages.  Harvesting peppadews today too.  Other than that, not much else happening.  Fishing tomorrow.  Be safe and be good.

Have fun fishing. Fixing to step out the door, for 38 miles. Hopefully home by 3 PM. Scrambled eggs and a Mexican coke for breakfast. Have a wonderful day and good morning.

Back