• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. It's currently bright, sunny and 30f, on its way to 37f. Supposed to see near 50f by Wednesday. We'll see lol. First Sunday in a long time I'm not gonna watch football! Guess it's time to focus on a grow list for this year. Catherine - I think I heard you can douse the soil with h2o and it'll knock the gnats out. Harry - stomach issues magically disappear soon after retirement. It was a beautiful thing! Have a great day and be safe out there.

Good morning. It's 20 (-7c) on its way to 48 (9c). It should be a nice day. A majority of the snow has melted. The WX forecast looks like it's going to be nice all week. Very light meeting schedule today. Ended up doing nothing yesterday. I started the trucks and took each one for a drive. Also started my going back-n-forth to work car .... not going to need that much longer .... LOL. My wife is making steak soup today. Not much else is going on. Be safe and be good.

Rainy and gross. Im going for a walk then need to run a couple errands. probably chill and watch scary movies the rest of the day. wife is making coutry style ribs and coleslaw for dinner. She actually made the coleslaw yesyerday so it could sit for a day, way better. im also going to make a tea up with several species of mushrooms as they need to be used. rest of the week is supposed to be sunny and mild so thats good news. bless up and good morning.

Good morning. Sunny and warmer, with snow only on the lawns, thank goodness. The county never plowed our suburban streets so we had lots of crusted snow, but most has melted and left a few icy spots. Monday errands and then coffee ‘club’. Maybe walk the mall or Costco. I’m still looking for a few seed starting materials - time to get more organized.
Have a wonderful day. Stay healthy and focused.

Sunny and breezy at 26f right now, heading for 44f. Haven't seen that kinda warmth in a while lol. Need to run a few errands today, then start organizing seed-starting stuff. Start time is getting closer! Have a great day and be safe out there. Good morning!

Good morning. It's 28 (-2c) on its way to 55 (13c). Very nice! Moderate meeting schedule today. Not sure what else we've got going on. I need to do my first pass on taxes to assess the damage. With the nice WX .... my wife asked if I could grill some shrimp and salmon this evening. Sounds good to me! I'll have some beverages while I'm doing that! Seed starting is drawing near .... current plans call for me to start Chinenses on the 19th. We're now a little less than a month away from starting Annuums and Tomatoes. Have a great day! Be safe and be good.

Good morning. Bright, sunny with a light breeze and 35F, on its way to 41. Need to drop a few boxes off at the thrift. Funny how clothes shrink over time. The B Seed Train rolled in last night. I'll be spending some time on that today as well. Have a great day and be safe out there.

Good morning. Quick Dr., Costco, WalMart, ReStore Habit for Humanity, and finally home. I’m still looking for a few seed stuff, and maybe pick out stuff to donate. I forget how many seed starting pots, etc. I don’t really need. Plus everything else.
Have a wonderful day and stay healthy.

Good morning. It's 32 (0c) on its way to 55 (13c). Another nice day. All the snow has melted with the exception of the piles around the driveway pad. My yard looks like a war zone. The moles are having a great time! I might need to try some of those windmills! Moderately busy work schedule today. My wife made several loaves of challah bread yesterday. Not sure what's going on today. Shopping for fishing boat electronics with a buddy on Friday and then hitting the local carniceria for tacos and something to bring home for the plancha grill. Be safe and be good.

The windmills work! each one covers 75 square feet. You drive rebar into the ground 6 feet and put the windmill onto it. Remember to cut the end at angle as its much easier to drive. You will need your wifes help and a ladder. Do not hit her with the sledge hammer,lol. Going on a walk later. wife is going to start on taxes, she would prefer im not home to bother her:rofl:maybe ill end up at the bike shop, or work in the barn? Thinking about picking up stuff for subs tonight. Be awesome and enjoy the day. Good morning.

Good morning. Another bright, sunny day! Currently 26F on its way to 54F. Supposed to have two or three of these in a row, and I welcome them. Went through the seed train - need to run it to the P.O. today. This warm of a day, might have to dig something out of the freezer for the grill! Have a great day and be safe out there.

Good morning. 33-48*F temps, coffee club this morning. Sic - I’m going to look into those windmills, we usually have voles that can be destructive. I’m hoping to plant a few Chinense today and finish tomorrow. Next week will be the 2 annuums, lots of them to share with friends.
Have a wonderful day and stay warm and healthy.

Good morning. It's 33 (1c) on its way to 52 (11c). The nice winter WX continues. I'm going to get a few of those windmills ..... My yard is 5 acres. I've got 7-8 spots with mole activity. I hope that will drive them back into the pasture. Moderately busy meeting schedule today .... but the meetings I do have could be stressful. Not much else is going on. I've got tomorrow off. Looking forward to that. We had potato soup last night .... good stuff. Hopeful to grill this evening (not sure what) .... that's up to the boss. Beverages later on. Be safe and be good. S.M.I.L.E.

Harry it will, they work. Does not work on groundhogs, they dont give a shit i guess? Going on a walk in a bit then doing some studying. Mushroom reading and then some DnD reading. Dont have to work again until monday so need to find some stuff to keep me busy and motivated the next few days. Would go camping but forget getting a spot on the weekends in the winter here. Summer the parks are ghost towns. Have a wonderful day and good morning.

Good morning. Sunny and nice winter weather. Today’s schedule looks pretty open so maybe we can see if Harbor Freight has any windmills. If not then Sic’s link is a good start, thank you. Time to make more dehydrated apple slices w/cinnamon sugar on top. We had an abundance of apples this past Fall, so family has asked for more. Not the best time to buy apples, but it’s a good Thursday project.
Have a wonderful day and stay healthy.

Partly sunny and breezy. Currently 51F on its way to 54F. These temps are just teasing me. Deep freeze coming back by the weekend. Need to run to Lowes and pick up some things. Gonna try my luck at a DIY cloner. Have a few bushes / trees I'd like to propagate. Probably watch some Olympics later on. Have a great day and be safe out there.

Back