• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. It's 39 on its way to 46 with a cold rain. Home office work on/off most of the day. My wife broke her phone (unbelievable) .... I have never seen anyone have soooooo many phone issues. She wants me to take her to get a new one. That's about it. Pasta tonight. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's sunny and 54F, on its way to nowhere. Nice day to run some errands I reckon. BIL's cat to the vet this afternoon. Hopefully it's not a one way trip. Hope everybody has a wicked-good Wednesday. Be safe out there.

Good morning. It's 32 (0c) on its way to 35 (2c). Light rain/snow mix going on and very windy. Drove into the office this morning. Working until noon. Yesterday, I ordered the last of the stuff for this year's garden. Taking my bride out to get a new phone this afternoon (I'd rather go to the dentist)! There's some possibility it could "go off the rails". I've never seen anyone with so many phone issues. Not much else is going on. Grilling and beverages this evening. Be safe, be blessed and be good. S.M.I.L.E.

Last edited:
Good morning. It's raining and 40F, on its way to 50F. Sadly, it turned out to be a one way trip to the vet for Miss Whitney yesterday. BIL had prepared himself. That's two he has lost in the last year. He still has one remaining. Her name is May-May and she's nuts, lol. We also ran all our errands yesterday, so today is just a chill day. Might binge watch something - dunno. Hope everybody has a terrific Thursday. Be safe out there.

Good morning. Late start, but the sun is shining on this cold, wintry day. 13-36F with a blanket of snow. Nothing except basement is planned, most likely we’ll stay home except for shoveling. So sad for Downriver’s BIL losing his companion. Hugs for the family.
Have a great day, stay warm and cozy.

Morning all - TGIF :metal:
The snowstorm from yesterday evening has disappeared, I was hoping to wake to at least enough snow to build a snowman, but no, it's all gone and the fog has returned.
As long as the weather stays dry it's work this afternoon. And that's it for today.
Have a good Friday, keep warm, calm and smiley :D

Good morning and TGIF! It's 24 (-4c) on its way to 42 (6c). Partly cloudy and brisk. My wife got her new phone yesterday .... I'll leave it at that. Already worked a couple hours in the basement. Making a Costco run later this morning. Not much else is going on. Maybe find something on Netflix this afternoon. Grilling and beverages this evening. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. Cold and sunny 15-28F, chance of snow tonight. We will finally meet for coffee after a few days inside. Most of the seeds are organized and the older ones purged - I just could not say good bye to some superhot pepper seeds. Filled a box of candy and toys for a nephew who is deployed on a Navy ship, to send today. Did anyone know the price of stamp is going up on 1-22-23? 3rd increase in a year. Caught me by surprise.
Have a wonderful Friday. Stay warm and cozy.

Morning all! I have a free morning today before it's back to work again. I might even go and have a quick visit to an amazing gardening shop that is only a 10 minute drive from here. Practicing self-control and all that.

It's cold outside, but not snowing yet over here, as it is in the South of The Netherlands.

Enjoy your weekend!

Good morning. Cold and cloudy 14-29F. Lots of shopping yesterday, fighting the crowds at Costco, buying more seeds at a local nursery. The family picked out more seeds for me to grow, now I just have to figure out where. Ratatouille-go back and get that hori hori knife. I have at least 2 that get used by both hubby and me. They are well worth it.
Have a wonderful day. Stay warm and healthy.

Good morning. It's overcast and 38F, on its way to 44F. Supposed to become sunny - we'll see. Not much planned for today. Still need to prune the potted citrus trees. Probably watch the NFL games this afternoon. Hope everybody has a super Saturday. Be save out there.

Good morning. It's 33 (1c) on its way to 35 (2c). Maybe some light snow later on today. Just got back from a WM run and it's cold out there. I think I'm inside for the rest of the day. Watching the Premier League the rest of the morning and the NFL this afternoon. I'm going to grill some ribeyes before the Chief's game starts. That's about it. Beverages before, during and after the game. Be safe and be good.

Back