• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. It's 7F (-14c) on its way to 35F (2c). The forecast is calling for the start of a warming trend that should last at least one week :pray:! Big time DoD customer meetings today. Unfortunately, the meetings will last late into the night. Not much else is going on. Looking forward to getting this week done and over! Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's overcast and 31F, on its way to 39F. Had a dusting of snow overnight. Supposed to be some sun this afternoon. Heading over to Mom's to sit with her as my brother has a doctor's appointment this morning. Then a few errands this afternoon on the way home. Hope everybody has a wonderful Wednesday. Be safe out there.

Good morning. 14-42F, with a hankering to have Sic’s temp of 59F, but not 82F. This Arctic blast weather has everyone wishing for spring to come early. Coffee group, errands, boring stuff on the agenda, and January is but a memory. Good to see Ratatouille here, lots of thought to her.
Have a great day. Stay healthy and warm.

Morning my cherry tomatoes,

Not sure what the weather will be like today, but I'll see in a bit when I will go out for a brisk walk.

Then It's a day filled with little tasks again and a visit to the hair dresser.

Found a little saucer with my peppers at my mums. She didn't finish them, but kept them. 🤗

20230131_183022.jpg

Have a lovely day, eat spicy food, take brisk walks and keep up your chin.

Morning chickens, nearly the weekend. Another mild-ish and cloudy day.
I actually had time in the garden and greenhouse yesterday, immediately felt my shoulders relax and mind calming.
Hello old friend garden, I have missed you.
Chores and errands planned for today, maybe more garden time. Although my creaky body is feeling it today.
Have a good Thursday pepper people, keep calm, warm and smiley :D

It's currently 24°F/-4°C with a high of 45°F/7°C. I have a Doc appt that I have been waiting a full year to see. Then, I'll finish setting up my grow tent. I have my Agave Tequilana in it currently, just need to tape and tie down loose wires, and finish cable placement for peppers, and tomatoes.

Good morning. I hate ground hogs .... especially that one named Phil 😡. Anyway, it's 25F (-4c) on its way to 46F (8c). It was a very late night with high stress customer meetings. I'm a little groggy this morning but willing to give it a go! Working in the home basement. It will be a full day with 7 meetings. After that, I'm hopeful there will be grilling, beverages and relaxing. Not much going on for the garden. My plans are complete and all the seed and supplies are ready to go. Still 5 weeks to go before I start babies. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. The blanket of snow is finally melting, but may take the week to remove all the ice on the roads. I’m waiting to see the garlic sprouting. I’m hoping to start a few superhots in a couple of weeks, thanks to Harry. Then on to milder chiles after sprouts appear.
Only a couple of errands in the queue, and more basement. Slow but sure.
Have a wonderful day. Keep warm and happy.

Good morning. It's cloudy and 29F, on its way to 44F. Calling for some sun this afternoon. Jury duty postponed another two weeks. I guess Covid is flaring up around here, again. Seeing a lot more masks around town and in the grocery. Great reason to stay home today! Probably putz around the grow room, getting it ready for seed-starting soon. Hope everybody has a terrific Thursday. Be safe out there.

Morning Hotheads, TGIF - another dull and mild day.
Work today. Nothing else planned.
Grow light should be arriving so I guess I better get a wiggle on and start soaking some pepper seeds.
Have a good Friday, keep warm, calm and smiley :D

Good morning and TGIF. It's 8F (-13c) on its way to 34 (1c). Another cold day but the forecast looks better for the weekend and next week. Going to work in the basement for a few hours and then maybe run a few errands. Grilling and beverages later on. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's partly sunny and 28F, on its way to 30F. Breezy and cold today. Another good day to stay inside. Nothing on the schedule, so probably do some streaming today. Hope everybody has a fun Friday. Be safe out there.

Good morning. It's 38F (3c) on its way to 53F (12c) and crazy windy! Watching some Prem League football in a bit then running some errands. Maybe take a walk around the property this afternoon and look for big floating spy balloons :banghead:. Not much else going on. Italian subs for lunch and grilling pork chops this evening. Beverages later on. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's sunny and 15F, on its way to 35F. Cold out there today, but a little warm up is due mid-week. Not much planned for the day. May have to run an errand or two, but I vote we wait until tomorrow when it'll be 50F. Need to start developing this years pepper grow list. Chinense will be hitting the dirt in a week or so. Hope everybody has a super Saturday. Stay safe out there.

Good morning all you Johnnies-on-the-spot!

I've had the best sleep since forever. I even shushed the alarm and stole and extra 30 minutes of sleep. The rest of the day can bring it on, I am ready.

This morning I'll go and salvage what is left of my seedlings after an unexpected two weeks from home. I didn't have the heart to go and check on them yesterday evening.

Probably I'll need to do a new round of seeding. This time I can go all out. So I'm bringing ALL my peppers. 💃🤟

Have a great day, be nice to your peppers and the people around you. Spring is coming, I promise.

Last edited:
Morning all - hope you're having a lie-in like me - toast and marmalade and tea in bed, Mr Tink certainly knows how to wine and dine a girl.
Not much planned for today, lunch, nap, tv - rinse and repeat.
Have a good Sunday y'all and keep calm, warm and smiley :D

Back