• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning.

Wishing Sic safe travels.

Thank you to all you military men and women out there.

Transferring hydro babies to soil today. 6 plants will go to DWC. Planting the rest of my keepers into bigger pots. I didn’t manage to get the Tri tip done yesterday. ADHD had other plans. Lol! Did it first thing this morning. They are resting in the oven. Dinner and leftovers for the next few days. Need to pack up the grow tent. Will be nice having that real estate back.

Have a most enjoyable day. I’m enjoying some gratitude today. Take care!

Morning all - Tuesday is the new Monday.
Another hot sunny day cooled a bit by that NE wind.
Got a lot of plants into the veggie patch this weekend, still need to plant out most of the peppers.
Work today, all day.
Safe trip Sic.
Have a good Tuesday, keep cool, calm, pain-free and smile, yes really :D

Good morning. More planting planned for today, it looks like a beautiful day with the rain going somewhere east. Monday errands today, and a trip to the grocery store.
The flea beetles have returned so it’s time for a spray on the tomatoes. The beets are finally beginning to pop, just waiting on the beans.
Have a great Tuesday, stay safe and healthy. Safe travels for everyone. Keep family close.

Good morning. It's cloudy and 58F, on its way to 74F. Showers this AM, then some sun this afternoon. Got some more rain last night. Things are kinda wet to work in the garden. Need to do a dump run, then stop by Lowes. Not sure what's up after that. Hope everybody has a terrific Tuesday. Be safe and have fun out there.

Good morning.

Managed to get most of plants planted. Have a ton of extras. We had Tri tip,baked potatoes, sweet corn, baked beans, and some homemade sourdough rolls my neighbor made us.

Knee appointment today. We shall see what they say.

Have a good one.

Attachments

• 70708852720__E329AD2F-C311-4082-917C-5413DB8FB2C1.jpeg
    70708852720__E329AD2F-C311-4082-917C-5413DB8FB2C1.jpeg
    215.6 KB · Views: 33
  • 70708854419__1074CC1F-C5BB-407E-8DB6-BED0A278425A.jpeg
    70708854419__1074CC1F-C5BB-407E-8DB6-BED0A278425A.jpeg
    223.8 KB · Views: 35
Good morning. The weather gal says we’re having our usual monsoon season in May instead of July. It’s just nice to have Morher Nature do the watering for a change. Going to the Community Garden to almost finish planting, then weeding the hundreds of volunteer dill plants that appear every year, saving many for pickles later. Coffee group, then sharing plants with daughter’s co-workers. It will be nice to have a plant-free patio soon.
Have a wonderful day. Safe travels, hugs to those who need them. Prayers for healing.

Good morning. It's 66F on its way to 82F. The weather guessers swung-n-missed again. We've had a stationary T-Storm over us all night long. We've received 2.5+" of rain overnight and it's still pouring. Flash Flood Warnings in the adjacent counties where they have received up to 6". Anyway, the forecast was for a pop-up T-Storm last evening .... maybe 0.25" if we were going to get lucky. Well, we've got a lot more than that and we needed it. The garden is happy.

I will never understand why I continue to put faith in the weather guessers .... They say that if you can successfully guess the WX in the Central US (where the US WX all comes together) .... you can guess anywhere. Enough of the weather rant.

Not much going on today with this rain. I have one meeting today at noon. Match tonight up in the city. Be safe and be good.

Last edited:
Good morning. It's sunny and 56F, on its way to 79F. Pretty day ahead. Got the errands run yesterday. Today the plan is for garden work, as long as my back can take it. Tomato plants look awful this year, but I'm sticking with them. Looked at tomato plants while we were out yesterday - $5.58 ea. Not gonna happen. So might work on getting the healthiest in the ground today. Also need to work on watering system. Nephew acquired a drip irrigation system and gave it to me. Man, there's hoses and fittings and drippers and all kinds of stuff in there, lol. Need to see if it's something I can work with. Chuck, fingers crossed for good news about the knee. Hope everybody has a wonderful Wednesday. Be safe and have fun out there.

Last edited:
Good morning.

Hope brother Sic is finding some sort of peace. Here for ya.

Doc is going to scope and trim up whatever he can. If he sees anything else while he’s in there, it will be another surgery.

More blue skys and lots of sun. Nothing planned. Maybe work on some SIP’s and the DWC project. Changed the hummingbird feeders. Bird bath is topped off. I think it will be a slow day for me. I guess this is what retirement is like. I need to get back into my hobbies. 😂

Down, I agree that’s to much for tomatoes. I only grow some cherries anymore. I buy from the farms. It’s half the cost than the store and they have a huge variety. You get a wagon and some baskets and pick your own. The same farm sells poblano‘s, couple different jalapeños, Serranos, Anaheims, barkers some sort of hatch. I can’t member what else. Again half the price. I don’t grow many of the others anymore. I have a New Mexico Pumpkin Spice Jalapeño. It’s a Orange variety. I’m also growing the Serrano Tampiqueno. I’m planning on doing some crossing.

Have a good day you all.

Morning all - Thursday is here with its whiff of weekend.
Another hot, windy, sunny day.
Just finished planting out the veg patch - phew that was a job.
All that's left is the sort out the remaining peppers into larger pots and that's it finished! (not quite)
Out today with Mr Tink, he's buying me lunch
Have a good Thursday, keep calm, cool and pain-free and smile - you know you want to :D

Good morning. Cloudy, not sure what the day will bring. We have baby layette assembly for the less fortunate, flower seeds to throw at the CG, and a few empty spaces to fill at the home garden. I’m looking forward to that cleaner patio.
Happy June - looking forward to a beautiful summer. Have a wonderful day. Travel safely, and stay healthy. Hugs for Ratat and family.

Good morning. It's sunny and 62F, on its way to 83F. Should be a pretty day, albeit a little warm. Got a row of the best 12 tomatoes in the ground yesterday. Might have enough for another row by next week, if they survive. Sickly little devils. Sorted through the drip irrigation stuff from the nephew. Looks like something I'm gonna try. Started laying it out - will definitely need some more parts, but it might be good in the long run. Will play with it some more today. Will also clear a few more rows for okra and the squashes. All the cucumber seedlings that sprouted in the last several days are gone. Either a vole or crickets ate them, not sure which. Will reseed them today as well. Hope everybody has a terrific Thursday. Be safe and have fun out there.

Last edited:
Good morning. It's 73F on its way to 87F. No rain .... yet. Forecast is for pop-up T-Storms this afternoon. Ended up getting almost 3" the last couple of days. Late night at the match .... I'm a little groggy this morning. I've got an hour or so of office work this morning. Then .... no idea. Got some Copper River Sockeye to grill this evening. Be safe and be good.

Good morning or afternoon. Oh well.

Nothing important today.

Downriver, the drip is amazing. System that is. 😂 Once you’ve got it set up it’s great. Don’t worry about gph. If your running a timer, You just run it more or less for what you have. As long as the drippers are all the same. Some are adjustable. Or you can get a adjustable valve if you really need it. 1 gph for 15min is 1qt. You find out what your plants need and adjust the time for drippers to run.

Take care everyone. Enjoy the rest of your day.

Afternoon all - when it's a hot day, work first, play after.
Friday is here and the weekend is within touching distance.
Not much else planned today, except setting up the watering for the veg plot and starting off my veggie glog.
Have a good Friday, keep cool, calm, pain-free and smile :D

Good morning. Bright sunshine this AM trying to make up for the clouds of the previous days. The plants will be happy. Nothing much planned except coffee group and gardens. I’m still debating what to plant in the last half row that’s really too short for tomato plants. Can’t waster good garden space . . .
Have a wonderful Friday. Pay if forward.

Back