• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. It's 63F on its way to 90F. Looks like a couple more days of this WX and then it gets much cooler with highs in the 70s next week. We won't be able to enjoy the WX .... we'll be in TX where I'm sure it will be close 100F. Not much going today. Some office work this morning and harvesting pods this afternoon. Grilling and beverages later on. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's overcast and 69F, on its way to 87F. "...A drenching thunderstorm this afternoon.". Well, that would be kinda nice. Picked another tray full of tomatoes yesterday, and three heads of cabbage. Also picked all the dry beans that were ready. Don't want them getting wet. Plan on making sauerkraut today, along with cucumber kimchi. Marinating a London broil right now. Will grill this evening. Hope everybody has a fantastic Friday. Be safe out there and enjoy the rain.

Late to the show. Woke up to messages from a buddy that has a pretty large lawn cutting business. He needed help at the fairgrounds as he just took over the account and is going through some health and employee problems. So I went and helped him and his crew. I know half of them and they were all glad to see me show up. Fixing to play some guitar and then wings for dinner. have a great day.

Morning all - the weekend is here at last and very hot one expected, temps still over 35C.
Garden watered and tidied, bike ride done and that's it for me.
MotoGP qualifying and sprint this p.m. and slobbing in the shade.
Have a good Saturday - keep calm, cool and smile :D

Good morning. Good thing your buddy had you to help at the fairgrounds, Sic. Sounds like a big job. We have a neighborhood plant swap this AM, so I’m bringing iris and a few unneeded supplies. Then on to peach bourbon jam while hubby and a friend go ‘up the hill’. There’s always weeding if I get tired of jam.
Have a super cool weekend. We’re hoping for rain in a few days.

Good morning. It's 50F on its way to 90F. Plenty of sunshine. Getting things in order today so we can head out on vacation tomorrow. About 2/3 of the Spring/Summer garden has been torn out now. It looks barren out there. Have to run a couple of errands this morning. Watching futbol and football today too. Grilling and beverages tonight.

Good morning. It's overcast and 64F, on its way to 83F. Well, it finally rained a little yesterday - about time! Got close to an inch. Calling for more today, with "ponding on the streets and highways". Bring it on, lol. Got sidetracked yesterday. The handle broke off the storm door, so I needed to replace it. Ran out and picked up a kit. It was the right one, but it was off by just a wee bit. Everything didn't line up quite right, but it was so close. Yep, that took all afternoon, ha. So, we have a new handle, but now the door doesn't latch because it's sagging. That's a job for today. I hate fixing saggy doors. Needless to say, I never got to the sauerkraut or kimchi yesterday, but they're still on the list! Hope everybody has a super Saturday. Be safe out there and relax for a change.

Good morning

45 on its way to 88

Picked up a really good conditioned 1999 Honda CR-V. AWD! Don’t have much to do to it besides brakes today.

Taking my son to the barbershop, maybe some lunch. Still losing some weight. Not as much as I want though. With the knee getting stronger I can do more. Went on a bike ride the other day and been hitting the mountains once a week. I enjoy the little things in life. It’s hunting season. Packed up there. Planning on doing some camping next week.

Plants are doing good. Lots of blossoms. Some pods as well. My mycology project is on the way. Slow going but intriguing.

Maybe fire up the smoker later and throw on some tritip. Feeling lazy and tri is the easiest thing to cook. 135ish and it’s done.

Have a great day and enjoy your weekend. Yes YOUR! Because it’s yours and nobody else’s.

Chuck

Morning hot things - Sunday is here and so is the heat - we're due some rain and storms later, hopefully the weather will break.
Been out gardening before it gets too hot - this week is going to be the main harvesting, pickling, jamming etc.
BBQ and beer for lunch, then motoGP and nap and that's all I've got planned.
Have a good 'un - keep cool, calm and smile :D

@OCD Chilehead - show me your mushrooms when you grow some, I'm fascinated by the little funguys

Good morning. WX says rain for a couple of days - we’ll see. At least it’s cloudy and comfortable this AM. Picked a few red superhots but they’re much smaller than I’d hoped. I see lots of flowers and no frost warnings, so there’s time for a few more. I had to remove a tomato plant that imploded in the cage and remove the greenies before a mouse got to it. I need to do better next year.
Have a great Sunday. Enjoy the autumn colors.

Good morning. It's overcast and 66F, on its way to 79F. More "chance of rain and flooding streets" forecast for today. The cooler temp sounds nice. Actually got a little rain yesterday - about .25". We certainly need it. Finished the storm door yesterday. Another all-afternoon affair, but it works nicely now. Still haven't done the kraut or kimchi, lol. Maybe this morning, before NFL games. Hope everybody has a peaceful and restful Sunday. Be safe out there, and score your own touchdown today.

Last edited:
Good morning.

Been busy with exercise and PT. Working around the house. Temps are getting better. I’ll move outside and get all me stuff done before Winter. I don’t wait till fall to do things because they never get done. Lol

Here are some pics of my hike. Have a good day!
IMG_0070.jpeg
IMG_0051.jpeg
IMG_0019.jpeg
IMG_5898.jpeg
IMG_5863.jpeg
IMG_5854.jpeg
IMG_5845.jpeg
IMG_5840.jpeg
IMG_5830.jpeg
IMG_5903.jpeg
IMG_5883.jpeg
IMG_5839.jpeg
IMG_5827.jpeg
IMG_0011.jpeg
IMG_0033.jpeg
IMG_0081.jpeg
IMG_0135.jpeg
IMG_0139.jpeg

Good morning from Texas Hill country. It's 72F on its way to 96F. Very warm. Long drive yesterday. Not sure what we've got going on today. Just waiting for my instructions for the day. I'm hoping the day includes beer drinking and BBQ. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. Cool and humid, a very comfortable day for sure. WX predicts a high of 64F. Looks like a nice day to stay inside. Monday errands, coffee group, then something in the kitchen.
Love those mushrooms, Chuck. Are they growing close to home?
Enjoy your day. Stay healthy and hydrated. Fall is definitely around the corner with comfortable temps.

Good morning. It's cloudy and 68F, on its way to 83F. Chance of thunderstorms this afternoon. Dr's appt this afternoon as well. Hope he doesn't want to play with my tits:pray:. Maybe Margarita Monday after that. That's about it for the day. Hope everybody has a marvelous Monday. Be safe out there and stay cool and dry.

hmmm well I have embarrassed myself once more.
Temperatures are so high here right now and I never think straight when I'm hot.
Anyway the radiographer has me posed in front of the machine (half nekkid) and she pats her shoulder and says something very fast in French, which I missed completely - so I lay my head on her shoulder and all she wanted was for me to turn my head and look at her - I am still hiccuping with laughter. Luckily she thought it was funny too.

Back