• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. It's 35F on its way to 51F. Much colder and breezy. It's very unfortunate that idiots chose to ruin the SB celebration and something great for my city (KC). Though I live 45 miles away, I still consider it my city. My thoughts and prayers go out to those families impacted by the senseless acts of thugs. @ Sic: I hear ya. That's why I choose to live where I do. In the winter, I sometimes can go for several weeks without even leaving our property.
I'll be working for a bit this morning. After that, who knows? Maybe beverages and futzing (not necessarily in that order). Not sure what's on today's menu.
Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's sunny and 24F, on its way to 53F. Sounds like a pretty nice day. Well, I tackled the MW yesterday. The door latch switches still "clicked". That supposedly means they were not bad. The fuse was definitely blown. Replaced everything anyway. It works! At least so far. Rolled the dice and didn't order a MW from Lowes. 🤞. Not much planned for today. More seed work. I have counted 55 varieties that pre-date 2019, so they need to be grown out, or risk losing them. I certainly don't have room for 55 varieties. Decisions, decisions. Hope everybody has a terrific Thursday. Be safe out there and enjoy your day.

Last edited:
Good morning. 25-52F with fog. We’re supposed to get rain tonight, but I’m ready for snow. Dr. follow-up today, plus hubby wants to search for his gloves at REI or a sports store. Last night I watched the noisy bowlers and talked w/the old timers that have been in the league for decades. Not my sport, but I’ll support them.
So sad about the KC Chiefs celebration.
Spring is slowly on its way. Have a wonderful day. Stay safe and healthy.

Good Morning….66 degrees yesterday and they’re preparing us for 2.4” of snow on Friday….most of it won’t likely stick since the streets are so warm. Transplanted all of my seedlings into their final containers yesterday at week 3/4 above soil. Today I meet the “mole man” to get a cost to professionally treat these darn moles tearing up my yard….then a cigar bar with friends tonight. Bring on the snow tomorrow….I plan to stay home and roast coffee tomorrow. Wishing everyone a great day!

Morning all, bummer! Knew the sunshine and warmth wouldn't last - raining today!
Least I got a load of stuff done in the garden while it was sunny.
Still need to get potting compost to start off the babies, perhaps next week.
Hopefully work this afternoon, depending on rain.
Have a good Friday - keep dry, warm, calm and smile :D

Good morning. It's 32F on its way to nowhere. Snow should begin in the next couple of hours. Not planning on working today. My plan is to stay indoors and futz. Fish fry tonight. Be safe and be good. S.M.I.L.E.

Good morning. It's sunny and 40F, on its way to 47F. Nice day, but calling for snow tonight. Anywhere from a dusting to 6". Well, that nails it down, ha. I'll just see what's out there in the morning. Need to run a few errands today, including a trip to the grocery. Should be a blast, with all the people who freak out at the CHANCE of snow, lol. Could be entertaining, I guess. MW still working 👍. Hope everybody has a fabulous Friday. Stay safe out there and remember, I told you to keep those snow shovels handy.

Last edited:
Good morning. 19-39F with snow flurries. Don’t know if we’ll get much accumulation as WX says this ‘storm’ is acting quirky. Aren’t we all?
Lunch w/the girls and a few errands while we’re out. Spring seems a long way off.
Have a great Friday. Like Downriver said, keep snow shovels handy. This season we have the snowblower ready, too.

Good morning. It's 10F on its way to 37F. It should be sunny but cold and blustery. Not much going on today. We're heading out mid-morning to get the last of the seed starting supplies I need. We'll be going to a town 20 miles west of us. While we're out we'll get some lunch. My wife has picked one of her favorite Mexican dives. Our grand-daughter won't be here this weekend. Apparently, her whole family is sick with some kind of virus. I guess it no longer matters which one .... they're all bad. My sister and her family all have covid. They went the paxlovid route but it cost them a small fortune. Futzing this afternoon. Grilling burgers this evening. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's cloudy and 31F, on its way to 36F. The sun should be out by noon. Well, all that snow prediction stuff missed the mark....again. The grass isn't even covered completely, lol. Just as well. Think I'm gonna work on a hot sauce made from frozen peppers today. Need to make some room in the freezer. Thinking about starting another batch of hard cider too. We'll see. Sorry to hear the family is sick, Harry. Hope everyone feels better soon. Well, Saturday is a good day to do whatever the hell you want, and today is that day! Be safe out there.

Last edited:
Good morning. Temps like Harry’s, leaving 4” snow on the land. Sorry about the flu going around in your family, Harry. I hope they all recover soon. This season seems to be worse than last year even with vaccines.
It looks like an inside day for sure, maybe even cookies to warm up the kitchen.
Enjoy your Saturday and keep warm.

Good morning. Still waiting for the sun to crest the ridge. It's 21F, on its way to 49F. Should be an ok day, except for being breezy. I don't like breezy, especially in the winter. Finished the first pass at the freezer pepper hot sauce yesterday. Let the flavors meld overnight. Will refine it today. Also got the hard cider batch started. Waiting for bubbles, lol. Not sure what else might be on the agenda. The smell of cookies sounds awesome! Hope everybody has a peaceful and restful Sunday. Be safe out there and don't forget about the wildlife in these frigid temps. Feed the birds!🙂

Last edited:
Good morning. It's 25F on its way to 54F. It's supposed to be lots warmer than yesterday with plenty of sunshine. Yesterday, I got the last of my seed starting supplies. I'm one week out from starting chinenses. I'm going to watch a couple Premier League matches this morning and then do some serious futzing this afternoon. Pierogies and kielbasa this evening. Be safe and be good.

tropical 7 degrees Fahrenheit out today, good day to work in the garden.

IMG_6657.jpg

Good morning. 21-48F with snow melting. The cookies are done for the week, though hubby brought 2 boxes of Girl Scout cookies home. $$$$. The only good ones are thin mints out of the freezer. We’ve been working on cleaning g out closets and shelves - that will take a decade.
Question about fungus gnats in your potting soil. It seems like every year these hibernating critters have been a problem. How do you keep them at bay? I don’t seem to be very successful. They love pepper seedlings. Same with aphids.
Have a super Sunday. Stay warm and healthy.

Good morning. 21-48F with snow melting. The cookies are done for the week, though hubby brought 2 boxes of Girl Scout cookies home. $$$$. The only good ones are thin mints out of the freezer. We’ve been working on cleaning g out closets and shelves - that will take a decade.
Question about fungus gnats in your potting soil. It seems like every year these hibernating critters have been a problem. How do you keep them at bay? I don’t seem to be very successful. They love pepper seedlings. Same with aphids.
Have a super Sunday. Stay warm and healthy.
Yellow sticky traps help to eliminate fungus gnats but I've never been able to completely get rid of them.

Back