• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. It looks like a typical Spring day, sunny and warmer. Maybe it’s time for iris cleaning with a bit of mud.
It’s so nice to hear Tink is enjoying the Spring and keeping busy with the puppies. Winter seems to linger lately, even with global warming.
Enjoy your Thursday. Take time for yourself and remember to pay it forward. Blessings abound when you least expect them.

Morning chickens, it's another hottie today - then we descend into wind and rain for the foreseeable future.
I've been out in the garden potting on the chilli sproutlings, getting a bit worried it's too hot in the greenhouse for them.
Working with the dogs this afternoon, we've got a dear old lady dog, who's had a stroke and lists to one side but she's so good natured, even though she walks a bit drunkenly, I'm trying to find her a foster home to live out her days in comfort at the moment.
And that's it for today.
Have a good Friday, keep cool, calm and smile :D

Good morning. It's sunny and 26F, on its way to 55F. Lit'l Fella made it home from the Vet last night, minus two teeth and a little cyst. He seems none the worse for wear this morning. The only thing hurting is our pocketbook. :shocked: It's supposed to rain tomorrow, so I might try to till this morning...maybe. I have to dig the tiller out of the pole barn. I haven't used it for several years, so it's buried in there somewhere. It might take a few days to liberate it, lol. Need to take BIL to Dr's appointment this afternoon, so I'm not sure if I'll have enough time. If not, it'll have to wait until next week. Hope everybody has a freaky-good Friday. Stay safe out there and weed 'em if you got 'em.

Plans are cancelled for this weekend. Craig the guy we were going to crew for had a brain aneurysm and is in ICU. Supposed to rain all day but may try to dodge showers with a walk. Im sure guitar will be played this afternoon. Have a great day and good morning.

Last edited:
Good morning. Great Spring weather for a couple of days. I even started cleaning the irises for an hour and have lots more winter kill to do. The compost pile/leaves looks good and the trees seem to have recovered from the heavy snow. Lunch with the ladies today so we’ll forget coffee group. Lots of Friday errands.
Tilling already Downriver?
Prayers and hugs for Sic’s friend Craig.
Have a fun Friday. Enjoy what Mother Nature gives us, even the mud. ☀️

Good morning. It's 47F on its way to 60F. Cool and windy. Working on the mower this morning. Nothing this afternoon. Grilling sausages this evening. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's overcast and raining. The current temp is 40F, heading to 55F. Supposed to clear by this afternoon, with some sun. The BIL Dr's appt yesterday was earlier than I thought, so I didn't do anything with the tiller. Guess I'll try later this week. This ground hasn't been worked for several years Catherine, so my thought is to turn it/till it now, and let it rest for the next 6-8 weeks. Today might be tomato seed planting day....maybe, lol. Hope everybody has a super Saturday. Be safe out there and stay dry.

Last edited:
Good morning. It's 32F on its way to 50F. Cold, cloudy and misty. Watching the Bassmaster Classic this morning and futbol this afternoon. Still need to re-pot tomatoes .... maybe do that this afternoon. Got a match this evening up in the city. Be safe and be good.

No news on Craig besides he was moved to a different hospital and is waiting on surgery. Taking the wife to Hobby Lobby so she can get some craft stuff to finish our new bedroom door. There is a small opening on the top and she is going to fringe it up or something? Im going to play guitar most of the day. Have a great day and good morning.

New Door
20240323_091601.jpg

Last edited:
Good morning. 36-62, the warm before the predicted snow. Bone density scan this AM, then Easter egg hunt at church after lunch. We filled over 1K eggs on Thursday making sure no allergy candies were added.
Maybe I’ll start filling trays for tomato seeds soon as I’m hoping to plant a week from now. I have a few more varieties to choose.
Have a wonderful weekend. Enjoy Mother Nature’s beauty. S.M.I.L.E.

Walk this morning then a couple chores. I dropped my main guitar yesterday and cracked it. My fault for not having strap locks. Have them on all my electrics just never put them on acoustics. That will change as Im still pretty upset, I teared up. Have a appointment to drop it off to a luthier Tuesday at noon. Ill be without it for a bit im sure. Guess Ill be playing electric until getting it back. I even dreamed that it was only a dream but it wasnt. No more news on Craig, hopefully will hear something positive today? Have a great day and good morning.

20240323_172838.jpg
20240323_172804.jpg

Last edited:
Good morning. It's sunny and 29F, on its way to 50F. Should be a cool, sunny day. Yesterday, Lit'l Fella decided he could indeed twist into a pretzel and chew on the stitches in the middle of his back. 😡 Long story short, ended up going to TSC and buying Bitter Yuck. Sprayed a little on the cut, and it seemed to do the trick. Not sure what's on the agenda today. Hopefully just chill and watch some golf. Real sorry to hear about your guitar, Sic. It doesn't look too bad. I'm sure they can fix it right up. Hope everybody has a peaceful and restful Sunday. Be safe out there and enjoy your day.

Good morning. It's 47F on its way to 58F. Cloudy, windy and maybe some T-Storms this afternoon.
@ DR: Put a little kid's sleeveless T-shirt on the cat ..... works great. Our big male cat is currently in a size 2T :) (because he's got one of those Libre blood sugar monitors on his back). He looks comical but it works.
@ Sic: Bummer about your guitar.
Not doing much today. Maybe watch some basketball or golf. Brinner this evening. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. 36F just waiting on the storm tonight. Yesterday was a lot of iris cleaning at home and at the CG, with lots more to do. One of the gardeners stopped by for a chat, telling me all he planned for his garden. I missed his ramblings for 5 months! Today may be another garden cleaning day, or not. At least the garlic got some fertilizer.
Have a great day. Stay happy and healthy. Sorry about your guitar, Sic. That will heal, too. 😢

Good morning.

Can’t like you posts the last couple days Sic. Friend I’ll and now the guitar. I guess it’s time to buy that https://www.larrivee.com/series.

Organizing tools from truck repair binge. Lol

Cloudy. Probably workout later on. Still trying to keep in shape. Shedding pounds, but slowly because of the knee.

No gardening this year so far. I may till a spot and plant some store bought. Every year I plant over 100 plants. The past few years have been discouraging. I get full blown blossoms right around frost. Then the plants die from frost damage. Didn’t get enough to even powder last year. Just used the pods as they came.

Have a good day.

Good morning. It's sunny and 22F, on its way to 58F. Should be a pretty nice day. Probably go down and check the garden today and see if the ground is dry enough to till. With that .75" of rain the other day, it might still be too wet. It's also supposed to rain again Wednesday, so I'd like to get it done by maybe tomorrow, if possible. We'll see. Might do some yard maintenance today while I'm out there. Hope everybody has a marvelous Monday. Be safe out there and think Spring.

Good morning. It's 54F on its way to 63F. Windy this morning with showers and T-Storms this afternoon. Back to winter tomorrow with a chance of snow. Today, I'm working in the seedling room then I'm out to the barn for some futzing. Haircut later this afternoon. Chicken and waffles tonight. Be safe and be good.

Back