• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. It's sunny and 77F, on its way to only 85F. Lower humidity too. I'll take it. Didn't do much yesterday. Still got that 5% left to do. Need to put those raised beds together. Maybe today, since it's a little cooler. Hope everybody has a marvelous Monday. Be safe out there and be cool. 😎

Good morning. 70-99F. A hot one, so I came to the CG at 615AM, watered, weeded, straightened the sunscreens over the tomatoes as they’re growing in this heat. The CG looks pretty good with fewer weeds than usual.
Still have a busy week ahead. Family is arriving for a visit and to check out School of Mines - his first choice. Looking forward to a fun few days with them.
Have a wonderful day. Keep cool and give your pets extra hugs.

Good morning. It's 82F on its way to 100F. Partly cloudy and breezy. Maybe some T-Storms tonight. We need the rain. Still too hot to do much of anything outside. I need to start getting fishing tackle together for a Canadian fishing trip in a few weeks. I might sit in the pool too. The yard is going dormant because of the heat and lack of rain. I'm back on once/week mowing and that could extend to every other week if the rain continues to stay away. Nothing but futzing and beverages today. Something about chicken fingers and salads for dinner .... I think that's what the boss said. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's sunny and 66F, on its way to 90F. There's a 1% chance of rain. Guess that's better than zero, ha. Got the raised beds put together yesterday. Now I have to install, level and fill them. Maybe do a little of that this AM. Our grass has quit growing due to no rain. It's brown and crunches when you walk on it. The weeds are still nice and green, though, lol. Hope everybody has a terrific Tuesday. Be safe out there and have a great day.

Sonya is making a nice breakfast for us then I have to go to the tire shop. Getting real sick of this, Im there all the time. Just fix what ever needs to be fixed and lets move on. Not sure what their problem is but I know today will be order 2 more tires and we will see what happens. Getting mad even thinking about it,lol. Will get a short walk in afterwards. Guitar this afternoon with a bottle of whine. Being a whino is my new jam for a while. Have a great day and good morning.,

Good morning. Yesterday we hit 100F, way too hot for here. A bit cooler today but time to early water. Downriver, what are you going to grow in your new raised beds?
Not much going on today except a couple of meetings later. De-cluttering is always an option. Washing pots and buckets also.
Have a great day, stay cool and hydrated. June is slowly coming to an end with that heat on its way.

Good morning. It's 68F on its way to 90F. Some sun and clouds. Quite a cool down from the last couple of 100F+ days. We finally got some rain early this morning. Between 0300 and 0430 we got 2.1". It came in with a big wind (60 mph+) but it appears that everything is still standing ..... it will take a bit for the garden to snap back from being wind blown. I plan on mowing this afternoon. Futzing until then. Grilling burgers this evening. Beverages while grilling. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's sunny and 66F, on its way to 93F. Widespread afternoon thunderstorms. 45% chance of rain. Didn't do much with the raised beds yesterday. Too hot. I did cut the hardware cloth to go under them to keep out the moles and voles, which are pretty common around here. Might do a little work on them this AM. Dunno. Have errands to run this afternoon. Not sure what's going in the beds, Catherine. Might grow some Fall/Winter stuff first. Then next year, it'll be root crops - carrots, turnips, rutabagas, onions, garlic, etc. Hope everybody has a wonderful Wednesday. Be safe out there and drink lots!

Good morning. Our 15 minutes of rain yesterday didn’t help the lawn very much, still crunchy in places. Maybe the weekend will bless us w/a bit more moisture. Today we’re taking a friend to the Monarch buffet for his birthday. He’s never been, something to enjoy.
Downriver, nice to hear your Fall plans for the new raised beds. Your garden is approaching the enormous size. Pics in the Fall?
Enjoy your day, take time for yourself and pets.

Good morning. It's cloudy and 70F, on its way to 88F. Partly sunny later today. Finally got a little rain yesterday, when a thunderstorm rolled through. About 1/2". Not enough, but it's something. Didn't do anything in the garden yesterday. Too many errands. More errands today, plus visit with Sis before she heads back home. I'll try to do some pics one of these days Catherine, if I ever get caught up, lol. Hope everybody has a terrific Thursday. Be safe out there and hug a loved one.

Good morning. It's 66F on its way to 87F. Still nice and cool. Possibility of rain this evening/tonight. Yesterday I mowed. Today I need to trim. After that, I need to stake a couple of apple trees. Maybe fit in a run to the beverage store. Shrimp and chicken fajitas this evening. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. The wind was fierce last night, but it brought no rain. Maybe this afternoon during an annual picnic. We stopped at a roadside place yesterday selling rock hard peaches and very $$ cherries. I’ll try to be more patient waiting for our tree and the neighbor’s trees to produce.
Enjoy your day, hope for rain, hope ga your pets. It’s going to be a wonderful, hot summer.

Good morning. It's sunny and 69F, on its way to 84F (RF 82F). Beautiful day. Wish it would be like this all Summer, lol. Need to go get fuel for the Kubota, then cut the grass. Heading to the garden after that. Hope everybody has a fun Friday. Be safe out there and have a great day!

Back