• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. It's 71F on its way to 96F. Partly sunny and very warm. Seems like Uncle Ben is an expert on more than just rice! My company is asking me to take a sabbatical because I have been a Contractor for too long. I will need to take a 6 month sabbatical before I can come back again as a Contractor. I think this might be the end of "working for the man". I am mowing today. Futzing the rest of the day. Pizza and beverages this evening. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. Same WX forecast as yesterday; 74F on its way to 85F. 89% chance of showers and a thunderstorm. We got nothing yesterday. Went down to the garden and did some weedwhacking. The e-fence has fritzed out. Need to figure that one out. Need to get Fall stuff planted. Only so much time in a day, lol. Hope everybody has a terrific Thursday. Be safe out there and enjoy your day.

Last edited:
Good morning. It's partly sunny and 69F, on its way to 82F. Should be a nice day. Looks like the e-fence charger has retired (for good). That's ok. It lasted for several years (6-7 maybe?). Need to pick up a replacement today. And yes, deer will take advantage. They stepped right into the garden, between the second and third wire. All the bean leaves, up to 4 feet, have been removed. At least they didn't kill the plants. Hopefully we'll get a few beans higher on the trellis. A few more errands to run, then home and install the new e-fence charger. Harry, act like an old e-fence charger. Retire! Hope everybody has a freaky good Friday. Be safe out there and try to appreciate wildlife, despite their innocent ravages.

Good morning. It's 69F on its way to 93F. Plenty of sun. Looks to be a 6-month sabbatical for me at work. I will miss the incoming $. All of that income was 100% play money! Yesterday, we harvested a couple buckets of cucumbers and a full 6-gallon bucket of green beans. My wife also cooked down flats of tomatoes for canning today. After snapping all the green beans last night, we're pressure canning those and also doing some pickles. I need to harvest the last of the onions sometime today too. I've got my eye on those ripening apples. Those antlered rodents will strip my trees in one night. Plenty busy down here. Fajitas this evening. Beverages too. Be safe and be good.

Good morning, at least it’s still barely morning here. Busy Friday in CG, watering, harvesting 3 cukes, playing bug catch w/the girls. We’re just beginning our meager harvest here, but come August we will be almost as busy as Harry’s wife. (I hope not THAT busy).
Have a wonderful day. Stay busy by doing things that you like. And keep cool.

Had a nice easy day yesterday. Fixed some caster wheels on a old speaker cabinet then played guitar for hours. Have to mow 3 big lawns today but they are easy and wide open. Going to bike shop with a friend of ours to make sure she gets the best deal and most suited for her on a bike. Will end up sipping and picking later on. I think we are having lobster and mushroom ravioli tonight. Have a wonderful day and good morning.

Good morning. It's 72F on its way to 86F. Humid and sunny but not very hot. Picked another 4 dozen cucumbers yesterday and (2) 6 gallon buckets of tomatoes. Plenty of produce processing on today's agenda. I also need to trim. The cherry tomatoes need picking too. My wife is having a "girl's night" with her sisters up in the city so I will be on my own this evening/tonight :beer::high::woohoo:. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. July is slowly coming to an end, but the heat lingers with dryness. WX has missed more times this season than most, especially with some sort of moisture prediction. Not much on today’s agenda except gardening. The Jap beetles are now eating through the CG, especially green beans. Oh well.
Have a great weekend. Stay cool and hydrated, don’t work too hard.

Good morning. It's sunny and 69F, on its way to 87F. Should be another nice day. Nothing exciting going on today. Just typical maintenance stuff around the property. Hope everybody has a good one.

Back