• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

contest Growdown: Prik Kee Noo Suan!: Prik a peck of peppers!

Haha he is talking about growing plants with the roots suspended in air and being sprayed with nutrients. Aeroponics pepperhead, not witchcraft hahahaha!

It can and will be done!

Let it be noted that to retain my dignity in this competition, I will have a backup plant in soil incase power goes out and my aero plant dies hahaha

I think the rules may be a little flawed,as our friends up north will not be able to do this by July 15th!

Am I mistaken?

Kevin

I think the rules may be a little flawed,as our friends up north will not be able to do this by July 15th!

Am I mistaken?

Kevin

Should be plenty of time really. Even if they cannot plant out until June 1st, they can still get a very good harvest before July 15th. Sure, there may be a disadvantage, but I think most of the Northerners around here are used to starting plants indoors and such.

You can plant outdoors in the North.

Any Northerner that doesn't believe me should plant all 10 seeds outside straight away, you'll get AMAZING results

Haha! Funny story, I had to run down to the restaurant I used to work at today, and while I was there I grabbed a watering can that got left there back in September. When I got back to work, my coworker looked at the watering can with a look of confusion. So I told him, "Dude, I had to water my plants." He totally believed me. Nevermind the 3 feet of snow on the ground.

That being said, I''ll be giving snowponics a try for this one..

Well I know for sure, mine will be in a container, probably in a 5 gal dirt pot that I got at a
hydrophonics store. As soon as it warms up here in april/may, it's going outside.

Look what I got!!

IMG_7182_zps357064b3.jpg

IMG_7183_zps51378a7d.jpg

You can see the indentations in the baggy where the mail rollers crushed the seeds, I have 3 seeds that are crushed to powder. The rest seem okay. Better germinate all the seeds guys to make sure you get a usable sprout. I know this isn't fault of sender as this was totally free from him and he went with cheapest method possible. But just a heads up to possibly put all to germinate as some may be cracked and damaged.

Thanks for posting Dan, I honestly didn't even consider that they would get crushed. I normally use padded envelopes, but again, I was trying to do this on the cheap.

I still have a lot more seeds to get out, so I will see what I can come up with to cushion the seeds from the crushing power of the machines next time.

Thanks for posting Dan, I honestly didn't even consider that they would get crushed. I normally use padded envelopes, but again, I was trying to do this on the cheap.

I still have a lot more seeds to get out, so I will see what I can come up with to cushion the seeds from the crushing power of the machines next time.
Fold bubble wrap over the baggie on both sides and tape, cheap and will save the seeds and you can use the same shipping method above.

Fold bubble wrap over the baggie on both sides and tape, cheap and will save the seeds and you can use the same shipping method above.

You can even wrap the baggies in folded paper towels and that will help also. As I says I know this is no fault if yours.

Wow, great minds think alike! These are the same two options I thought about on the way home. I am going to, hopefully, get them all put together tonight and in the mail tomorrow.

So far we have 27 contestants, excluding myself and Scratchzilla, who will both be growing just for kicks.

Now I know Cincinnati is closer to St. Louis than Omaha or Knoxville, but the post office must not think so...I'll probably get them tomorrow I guess.

Look what I got!!

IMG_7182_zps357064b3.jpg

IMG_7183_zps51378a7d.jpg

You can see the indentations in the baggy where the mail rollers crushed the seeds, I have 3 seeds that are crushed to powder. The rest seem okay. Better germinate all the seeds guys to make sure you get a usable sprout. I know this isn't fault of sender as this was totally free from him and he went with cheapest method possible. But just a heads up to possibly put all to germinate as some may be cracked and damaged.

Just thought i would throw this out there and apologize if this is already known. I just ordered and received seeds for the first time on Friday and they arrived USPS in a standard envelope from the vendor. The envelope was stamped as First Class Nonmachinable and every seed that I planted was fully intact and in good shape. I can only deduce that nonmachinable would allow for no mechanical crushing of any seeds. Not sure if there are cost differences for the seller/sender but if seeds are getting crushed it might be worth taking a look just to keep customers happy and a good quality product. Hope it helps Ghostpepper Store.

Back