• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

contest Growdown: Prik Kee Noo Suan!: Prik a peck of peppers!

Boom!!!!

null_zps692d706f.jpg

null_zps7252c0d7.jpg

Flower! Double Boom!!

null_zps5fb6170c.jpg

I just got back today from St. Lucia and did a nute change since my trip caused me to delay nutes by a week. Also added some more thrive alive!

I ain't germinating this thing any time soon. It needs to grow into a beast first. I find plants slow down when they start their first pods. So on that note my fellow competitors, start germinating and podding up early!!!!

Nice plant photos Dan. Doing good.

Mine isn't anything to look at right now because of all of the trimming back I had to do because of the calcium deficiency damage ( I think that is what it was anyway), but it is all on the mend now. The nice thing is that there is a bazillion grow tips sprouting new leaves since it was cut back so much. give it a few weeks and it will be a monster contender again (unless I figure out a way to try and kill it again). Hardening off this weekend, so that is a perfect opportunity to burn some leaves and set it back further. :rolleyes:

A pic as soon as my phone uploads to Google+.

Since this is most pods on the plant I still may have a chance, but my little guys are still in solo cups and only 3-5 inches high.

hi all,

i am out of the running. Went on a 3 weeks holiday and came back to dried twigs. The sprinkler went bonkers. Sigh.

Good luck to those still in the running!

hi all,

i am out of the running. Went on a 3 weeks holiday and came back to dried twigs. The sprinkler went bonkers. Sigh.

Good luck to those still in the running!

That is a shame. Depending on how big they were, you might be able to give them some water and bring them back. I had 6 in pots a couple years ago, that were forgotten about during a heatwave. They were decent sized, and dried up to twigs, but after watering them a couple of them came back to life. They are very resilient little buggers.

16ec27de0efde33d9a5bb4f3fe13b0f5_zps3e88cd11.jpg

397d4a4d2c6139d8ca78bf51357a4582_zps75f090a2.jpg
w
f97060f9c3266171460ca51058bcfb10_zps70d4828c.jpg

The pod shot is blurry, but it's there. And cute. I'm amazed at how fast this plant grows! I may have to put it under the HPS sooner than I thought. .

Thanks lock. I've been very lucky with this one. Usually, my hydro attempts end up looking like Jeff's, or worse. Mostly worse. (Not to say your plant looks bad, Jeff)

I would like to point out that this guys is still under 56watts of 4100k T8 lighting, so anybody who say you can't get pod production under T8 is just silly.

I would like to point out that this guys is still under 56watts of 4100k T8 lighting, so anybody who say you can't get pod production under T8 is just silly.

HAHA! Yeah, this is definitely one variety that doesn't care how much light it gets, it puts on pods regardless. We had one of these and a Prairie Fire in the office under 1 26W CFL. Both plants were started the same day, both are small podded and low growing. The prik flowered 3 weeks before the Prairie Fire and had already ripened 15-20 pods before the Prairie Fire ever set a single pod. So far its the only variety I have personally grown that can produce decent pods under such poor lighting conditions.

HAHAHAHAHAHA what happened to the bung hole washer kicking everyone's azz Dan?

Well, as of tomorrow morning, mine is under natural light on the deck hardening off. So it is either going to take off or die.

Jeff... My plant is still in the competition. If I remember correctly, scratch germinated weeks before us, the lucky duck!! We will see in the end. There is still a long way to go!!!

Scratch I mean yours popped rather early. I didn't mean that you started germinating before anyone else. You had your POL picture. I just remember almost giving up because I thought mine would never pop haha.

That is a heck of a plant Scratch! Mine are still doing well. One is getting some aggressive pruning and pinching all the buds and the other is a control. Now, if the sun would just come back out ...

Sun, what the hell is the sun ?? You guys are sending us two to three inches MORE rain in the next couple of days !
Us 'natural' growers are having a heck of a time with just; air, earth, fire and water!
Crap, I wish I could just bring a 'ass washer' started plant to a tropical island to grow under their rays (like Danny does!).

Back