• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

contest Growdown Throwdown 2015 !!!!

Only three of these are growdown plants, the rest are crosses I am trying to stabilize. Without my grow room I am having to revert to my ghetto grow skills of old...
vAEPfKy.jpg

I have been watching the weather forecast lately, and as of today, I see no temps dropping below 55 degrees.

Am I the first one outside?

This is my only plant outside at the moment.  I will wait for another week or so for the rest.  I have other seedlings, so if this has troubles I have backups.

With great risk comes great rewards!
LOT_3_9.jpg

Scuba_Steve said:
I have been watching the weather forecast lately, and as of today, I see no temps dropping below 55 degrees.

Am I the first one outside?

This is my only plant outside at the moment.  I will wait for another week or so for the rest.  I have other seedlings, so if this has troubles I have backups.

With great risk comes great rewards!
LOT_3_9.jpg
I love the ratio of pot to seedling! "I'm going to fill this pot up someday!" 

Somehow I managed to let the seedlings drift into mild nute deficit.  I'm using last year's soil, so I suppose I shouldn't be all that surprised.  (Doh!)

Maybe that's why my L.O.T. pretties aren't growing quite as well as expected.  (Double DOH!)   :crazy:

Anyway, I gave the plants a light dose of the Dreaded MG Blue Crystals a few days ago, with obvious effect. 

Ferts.jpg

What's this?  I've got FOUR unchallenged posts in a row?  The Miracle Grow must have you guys demoralized!   :D

I noticed this gruesome transformation underway on another plant.  Parasitic Wasp 1 - Aphid 0. 
I think the dark outline is the xenomorph wasp larva within.  These gals have their schedule nailed, showing up in the spring just as the aphids population starts to take off.

"Without lungs, no one can hear you scream."

KillMe.jpg

Nice aphid macro. Fat lil bugger too. Mine got their first doses on sunshine the past two days. They are looking good, though not much different than my last update. 

PaulG said:
Is that 3" at the top of the leaf curl or at the last node?

What is the measuring protocol for the contest?  I mean,
this contest may be won by millimeters!    ;)

Your beastie looks great!
Top of the curl. As far as i know it's simply the tallest,so highest point wins.
This may be the closest I get to being the tallest for this comp, so I'll take it! Lol

Back