• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds growing seeds...

Yeah, if you're going to separate them do it ASAP. Otherwise wait and see which one sprouts true leaves first, cull the other one.

You can grow multiple plants in 1 pot, but i wouldn't want multiple plants started within millimeters of each other.

Ok all the seeds are starting to sprout like crazy !

so exciting..:lol:

I am now on my way to the nearest hydro shop to pick up some meduim...

coco coir or Pro Mix ?

can anyone tell me anything about ProMix please... how do you like it ?

I've used pro-mix for many years and its great but you can probably find similar mixes for a lot cheaper. Coir is great too, but you might want to buy coir specific nutrients and maybe some perlite to mix in

POTAWIE said:
I've used pro-mix for many years and its great but you can probably find similar mixes for a lot cheaper. Coir is great too, but you might want to buy coir specific nutrients and maybe some perlite to mix in

Yep with coir you definitely want coir specific nutes. Perlite doesn't hurt either. Good advice potawie :)

shit...

i didnt go with the pro-mix...

i ended up buying coco...

do i just transplanted 5 Dorset Naga and two Devil Tounge... roots were showing at the bottom of the pellet hence transplanted them...

so far so good i hope...

the coco seems to dry out fairly quick, does anyone else feel this way ?

Hotpeppa said:
shit...

i didnt go with the pro-mix...

i ended up buying coco...

do i just transplanted 5 Dorset Naga and two Devil Tounge... roots were showing at the bottom of the pellet hence transplanted them...

so far so good i hope...

the coco seems to dry out fairly quick, does anyone else feel this way ?

Nah, coco is my favorite medium. It shouldn't dry out fast. It retains water quite well actually. It does drain freely though, but that's a good thing. I really think you'll like coco a lot man, any questions on it direct them my way :)

Yeah, I like the ProMix, but most of the insane chiles from AU are done in coco FAIK. Including the crazy 9' tall naga of BB's. ;)

ok thanks TXC, Potawie, Pam !

i did get coco coir nutes as well... and i also have a bag of perlite but i forgot to mix the bloody sht with the coco..

ill do that in the next batch..

i think i planted too many, i am running out of room already... and i have 2 1/2 more trays...

ill keep everyone posted... seeds for everyone next season !

so i did the transplant for a few... only concern is the moisture level of the air...

should i be keeping it at a high level since i took them out of domes where the moisture levels are high ?

Hotpeppa said:
i think i planted too many, i am running out of room already... and i have 2 1/2 more trays...

Congratulations, you've now joined the elite cadre of People Obsessed with Chilies, or PAC. You will receive your membership papers in the mail ASAP.

Hotpeppa said:

build a bigger grow area... :lol:

that's what I had to do last year...

Hotpeppa said:
so i did the transplant for a few... only concern is the moisture level of the air...

should i be keeping it at a high level since i took them out of domes where the moisture levels are high ?

They shouldn't need the same high humidity after germination. Keeping the humidity down a bit should help keep molds, mildews, etc under control.

5x Dorset Naga
5x Devils Tounge
2x Trinidad Scorpion ( 3 more to come )
2x Mazzeti
2x Bishops Crown ( 3 more to go )
1x Red Cayanne ( 4 more to go )
1x 7 Pot ( 4 more to go )
1x Aji lemon
1x Holy Moly ( 2 more to go )
1x YatsuFuso ( 3 more to go )

still waiting for the rest of them....

Pusa Jwala
Peruvian Purple
Turbo Pube
Lingua Di Fuoco
GuardaCielo
Fresno
Manzano Red
Fatali
Bhuts
Sue Lin
Chocolate Habs ( long & short )
Pablano Red
White bullet hab
Goat Horn
Giant Red Hab
Super Chili Hybrid 2
Hot paper lantern
Pepperoncini Italiano
Fransica Hab
Rocoto
Red Savina
Red Trini Congo
Ball Chili

And thats all she wrote !

took on way too much my first time i think... :lol:

but loving every minute of it...weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !

One can become obsessed huh Hotpeppa.....

not a bad analogy...

Back