• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds growing seeds...

Hotpeppa said:
5x Dorset Naga
5x Devils Tounge
2x Trinidad Scorpion ( 3 more to come )
2x Mazzeti
2x Bishops Crown ( 3 more to go )
1x Red Cayanne ( 4 more to go )
1x 7 Pot ( 4 more to go )
1x Aji lemon
1x Holy Moly ( 2 more to go )
1x YatsuFuso ( 3 more to go )

still waiting for the rest of them....

Pusa Jwala
Peruvian Purple
Turbo Pube
Lingua Di Fuoco
GuardaCielo
Fresno
Manzano Red
Fatali
Bhuts
Sue Lin
Chocolate Habs ( long & short )
Pablano Red
White bullet hab
Goat Horn
Giant Red Hab
Super Chili Hybrid 2
Hot paper lantern
Pepperoncini Italiano
Fransica Hab
Rocoto
Red Savina
Red Trini Congo
Ball Chili

And thats all she wrote !

took on way too much my first time i think... :lol:

but loving every minute of it...weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !

Dude - that's a lot of freaking peppers! They're cute when they're little - then they get big. Personally, I hate to lose any so I always run out of space. I need to try to sell the extras this year and recoup some supply expense. I see another bale of Pro-Mix in my future. :)

well there is a method to this madness...

i want to try as many as possible, then be selective for next season...
when i begin to make sauces..lol

Hotpeppa said:
well there is a method to this madness...

i want to try as many as possible, then be selective for next season...
when i begin to make sauces..lol

Aw, it's so cute when they think they're still in control of their addiction.

Next year you'll have a whole nother list of peppers you just want to try the once.

Pam said:
Aw, it's so cute when they think they're still in control of their addiction.

Next year you'll have a whole nother list of peppers you just want to try the once.

:)

toms are going to be my next project..lol

i make around 75 gallons of sauce every year for family and friends only using roma tomatoes...i thought of changing it up a little this year.. maybe ill use a few different kinds, maybe ill make a blend, not sure yet... but thats the plan.. toms !

what do you think of San Marzanoes for sauce ?

San Marzanos are great for sauce but not very productive for me and I don't think you can possibly grow these as well as they grow in Italian soils. Maybe try the super marzano hybrid, they are supposed to be better producers, but personally I prefer the Opalkas

POTAWIE said:
San Marzanos are great for sauce but not very productive for me and I don't think you can possibly grow these as well as they grow in Italian soils. Maybe try the super marzano hybrid, they are supposed to be better producers, but personally I prefer the Opalkas

i am going to experiment this year for sure with them...

where can i get the hybrid from P ?

anygood tom seeds sites ?

On a side note, I like opalkas for paste toms but you don't have to use paste types for sauce. You're often better off taking a better tasting non paste type and spending the extra time to thicken it, than using regular bland paste types just because they are meatier

well, only two of my five 7 pots sprouted...

my fatali's are not doing so well, only 2 sprouted...

anyone from toronto need some plants ?... i am going to donate a few for the space..lol

pm me

Back