Hello from another Aussie

Thanks again everyone.
I noticed quite a few sauce makers on here too. With names like Defcon, I’m sure they are hot!

Micca302 said:
What are you growing this season Rainbowberry?(I assume you are just at the start of the season).

Micca

Hi Micca, I started my first plant just before Christmas and have continued gradually from there. I have some unripe fruit and some seedlings at the moment. Here's My Growing List There might be a few varieties missing from it.

RB

rainbowberry said:
Hi Micca, I started my first plant just before Christmas and have continued gradually from there. I have some unripe fruit and some seedlings at the moment. Here's My Growing List There might be a few varieties missing from it.

RB
That's a very impressive list.
I like how most of your chiles are flavorful super-hotties.

rainbowberry said:

RB

Looks like you like them hot RainbowBerry, very impressive grow list. Thanks for sharing.

Howdy to all the others and wishing you all a great grow season.
Micca

The few mild ones I'm growing are either for the chileman competition or because friends/family bought me the seeds, except a few for decoration like Bolivian Rainbow.

Hi Micca, welcome from Portugal :)
May I ask you a question? It's about sending seeds to Australia. A couple of months ago I sent some seeds to a friend in Australia, he lives in Perth, I believe, but he never got the seeds because they were confiscated at quarantine in Melbourne. They said it was due to the fact that they weren't labelled with the scientific name, though I wrote Naga Morich in a label.
Has this ever happened to you? And is there a way to avoid that?
Thanks, and welcome again
Margarida

whocares said:
May I ask you a question? It's about sending seeds to Australia. A couple of months ago I sent some seeds to a friend in Australia, he lives in Perth, I believe, but he never got the seeds because they were confiscated at quarantine in Melbourne. They said it was due to the fact that they weren't labelled with the scientific name, though I wrote Naga Morich in a label.
Margarida

whocares Customs here are very severe, best way I've found is to send seeds inside a birthday/greeting card.
What they don't know doesn't upset them.

bentalphanerd said:
whocares Customs here are very severe, best way I've found is to send seeds inside a birthday/greeting card.
What they don't know doesn't upset them.

Eheh bentalphanerd, right, I'll do it next time ;)
Thanks
Margarida

whocares said:
Margarida

Howdy Margarida, nice to see you have friends in Perth.
Yes i have had trouble getting seeds into Australia. I have had envelopes with seeds floating around come thru and birthday cards confistated with card only written on them:(
I have made contact with customs on several occasions trying to get some Naga thru(took 4 goes). You can send thru seeds no problem as long as you fill out the paperwork thoroughly. On the declaration sticker(front label) you have to put the scientific name(ie:Capsicum Chinense) and common name(ie:Naga Morich), this also gets written on each seed packet as well. The seed packets need to be clear and free from plant material/soil.
Hope this helps,
Micca

Back