• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

High Volume Blending

Once again I turn to my expert friends at THP. I have been wondering how do you guys blend big amounts of hot sauce? DO you use a special industrial blender, or just do a lot of small batches and then combine?

I am currently using a BlendTec Conossieur for this, but at 64 ounce batches it gets annoying having to fill and blend and pour. Plus, there is always the risk of contamination due to handling.

Well, any help regarding this would be very much appreciated.

Hmm... that would be a problem since here in Guatemala we don't have commercial kitchens or copackers. I have been looking for industrial or commercial blenders and the biggest ones I find are 1 gallon blenders. Does anyone know if there are any bigger ones?

1 Gallon,, ooooooooooo i want 1. im like Chilliac just a kitchen 1, chop blend pour, chop blend pour ,, i have ministry of sound radio on in background, so technoish beat helps the repetitiveness hahahahahahaha

What about one of those GIANT stick blenders?
http://www.sydneycommercialkitchens.com.au/CatalogueRetrieve.aspx?CatalogueID=6934&ProductID=352664
WSB70NA.jpg

Tell me about it, I am using two blenders. Each of them belonged to one of my grandmas. One is from the early 70s but looks like it's from the 50's, the other is probably from the 80s.

andres said:
Once again I turn to my expert friends at THP. I have been wondering how do you guys blend big amounts of hot sauce? DO you use a special industrial blender, or just do a lot of small batches and then combine?

I am currently using a BlendTec Conossieur for this, but at 64 ounce batches it gets annoying having to fill and blend and pour. Plus, there is always the risk of contamination due to handling.

Well, any help regarding this would be very much appreciated.

I use a 12 cup kitchen aid food processor. Works great.
Even then I have to run a couple batches through as my recipe makes about 3.5 quarts of sauce...

Chiliac said:
Tell me about it, I am using two blenders. Each of them belonged to one of my grandmas. One is from the early 70s but looks like it's from the 50's, the other is probably from the 80s.

Yes but i bet there very well made..unlike the machines of today..and the quality ones cost an arm and a leg :)

I don't like the stick blender for hotsauce. I like to contain it with a lid, I use a heavy duty blender. I think it holds about 2.5 litre I find blending in small batches better though if your chasing a better consistancy. Robot coup are excellent you can get a 3 litre which would be a great size...they are tough to blow up I've tried..

That blender THP posted..... >slobber<

I use an old bar blender with two speeds.... fast and liftoff. For the most part, I only make small batches (right around 25 oz.) and that blender is perfect. If I do anything larger, I have to make a few runs and combine into one pot. This is where quality control gets tricky.

Back