• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

food HOT dogs

Hot dog pron. Pretty self explanatory.

100_0535.jpg
100_0540.jpg

100_0541.jpg

100_0545.jpg

100_0546.jpg

100_0547.jpg

100_0548.jpg

100_0550.jpg

Its Extra Gold which is much cheaper (and better) than Coors LT, but yes I simmered them in that before finishing them off in a grill pan.

Cowhorn pepper dogs! Nathan's hot dog grilled, picked a fresh cow horn pepper cut into rings, added some honey mustard and cheddar cheese! Yum these peppers add a nice spicy heat with a pepper in every bite!

7249ffb7.jpg

Interesting. I don't think I've ever seen anyone put fresh tomatoe on a hot dog. But then, I pretty much live on a hotdogless world.

That's how they do it in Chicago. Of course, usually it is wedges of tomato, but I prefer diced. Oh and I forgot the celery salt in the first pic. That goes on last.

I am impressed that you even got the celery salt and the poppy seed buns, did you boil the dogs in garlic water? that makes them extra yummy. I like to stuff some fresh cut fries in with the dogs, like gene and jude's serves them, and steam the buns... Next time I'll send some neon green relish!

Back