• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

hobbies How many people are gamers?

queequeg152 said:
by bad i meant.... its going to be hard/expensive to build a pc to handle those specs, even with hardware available a year from now. 

not hard at all.  expensive though...

Don't mind the dirty dusty set up but this my lil desk area. Built the comp two years ago. No complaints. Runs everything just fine.. other than all the 220mm fans in the corsair case went out pretty quick. thus the side door staying off. I don't play a ton of games online any more. Pretty much just Wow crack. Used to play a lot of day of defeat and COD but that was years ago. I got a ps4 but hardly ever touch it. My old man keeps begging me to get COD so we can play together. 
Also have a 28gal reef tank sitting on the desk .. right next to my two most expensive pieces of electronics..... It's a damn sturdy desk though. 

AMD 8350 Eightcore processor running at 4.33 GHz only 16 gig ram and two AMD Radeon HD 7800's ran Xfire
MOBO is a Sabretooth 990FX  Don't remember how many watts my power supply is. my monitor is just a samsung tv..  :'( 

D3monic said:
Don't mind the dirty dusty set up but this my lil desk area. Built the comp two years ago. No complaints. Runs everything just fine.. other than all the 220mm fans in the corsair case went out pretty quick. thus the side door staying off. I don't play a ton of games online any more. Pretty much just Wow crack. Used to play a lot of day of defeat and COD but that was years ago. I got a ps4 but hardly ever touch it. My old man keeps begging me to get COD so we can play together. 
Also have a 28gal reef tank sitting on the desk .. right next to my two most expensive pieces of electronics..... It's a damn sturdy desk though. 

AMD 8350 Eightcore processor running at 4.33 GHz only 16 gig ram and two AMD Radeon HD 7800's ran Xfire
MOBO is a Sabretooth 990FX  Don't remember how many watts my power supply is. my monitor is just a samsung tv..  :'( 
I'll post pics in a bit. 
i7-5930k 3.5ghz, 6 cores(12 effective), 16gig ram@2133mhz, 2xnvidia 970 sli, mobo is X99-UD4 from gigabyte, and 850w power supply. The best thing though is the cooling. XSPC water loop, so my gpus can run games at full and never get above 35C. Makes my wallet hurt to buy though, and my back hurt to carry, cause it weighs about 50 pounds.

I've always been a nvidea fan boy but these where on sale and came with two games each so I was able to gift the spare copies. I was really limited on cooling for my chipset

D3monic said:
I've always been a nvidea fan boy but these where on sale and came with two games each so I was able to gift the spare copies. I was really limited on cooling for my chipset
I wouldn't recommend XSPC. Very high quality, but I was shitting my pants for the few days of leak testing that it wasn't built right. Also, I'm not really cooling my chipset but with a single fan. I'm focused only on processor and vid cards. And believe me, I would have gone AMD to save money, but I have some bad memories with a 6990 and lack of driver support for one of my favorite games.

Valve can't count to 3.

QWuYcmr.jpg

Witcher wild hunt has been my thing lately. Wouldn't mind those dualo mucho cards though so i can actually use Nvid hair hahahaha

Still playing BF4 and Nosgoth, looking forward to Battlefront and Metal Gear Solid 5.  (pc only) :)

I've been playing World of Warcraft.....sometimes i'll get on my Madden or NBA2K but waiting for the new NBA2K I love the MyPlayer mode!

How is hearthstone? I have seen it pop up here and there but never had a desire to play it.

Side note... Can anyone recommend a good story driven game for pc? I have exhausted most of my games, got bored of the stories on a few. I never did finish bioshock so I may go back to that.

Back