• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

hp22b!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought 3 packs of these. Put your stones down folks!!! This hobby has gotten me through a very difficult year. I can't wait to pass out all of these to my friends here,and a couple unsuspecting newer members. Maybe I'm weird?? *shrug*..... I am not a hater,nor am I buffaloed by a vendor's B.S. I think it will be cool to pass these out to some folks and have them grow them along with the primo,and have some "positive" threads comparing and contrasting them next year. I know..I'm weird. I was one of the first people chiming in that they looked like primo's. After seeing one of Ted's reviews and him mentioning the "density" of the pod,I thought "doesn't sound like a primo to me". I formed another opinion(to myself) of what it might be. Now after seeing Mega's pics ,I am leaning towards it being a primo again. If some of you are seeking "polarity",it isn't working. Tiger Woods is polarizing. Greatness brings polarization...not angry gibberish.

Nice pics mega. I don't think they look like primos. I have a lot of primos growing :) .

Edit: Also, I think Ed said it took him 4 years for F8s. It should be possible to get two growing seasons, especially with greenhouses. I'm working on a 5 year plan for F8 crosses, which include a 7 pot original x bhut jolokia :) . On a side note, they should be pretty homogeneous after F7. At F8 they are typically homogeneous enough to be considered stable. It could also occur earlier than F7 or F8, since genetic homogeneity varies.

I'm not sure if I am growing mine wrong or not,but I have had no less than 40 pods look just like the ones mega posted. I would love to see pics of yours. There is a lot of variation with the primo pods.

A couple pics.

2li96qc.jpg

2i76xyq.jpg

- Mega

Thank you for posting that pic Mega. All the other photos I have seen were quite blurry.

Primo
081912223556.jpg

Hey all,

As stated before I received a few Carolina Reepers. I must say that this are one good tasting chili, for my palate. I sensed it to be very fruity, with a bold taste. It was smooth compared to that sharp bite given to us by the TSBT or TSMB. Anywho, watch the video if you have any questions about it let me know if I can't answer them right away i'll eat another. Omm Nom Nom.

- Mega

Nice review Mega! I added your video to my reaper post: http://thepepperseed.com/peppers/the-carolina-reaper-aka-hp22b-pepper/

Thank you for posting that pic Mega. All the other photos I have seen were quite blurry.

I took a pic of the pods I received too, check the link above link.

lmfao! This is too funny! Wait till the rumors spill on this pepper too! Terrible name for it though.

That just made my day!
lmfao! This is too funny! Wait till the rumors spill on this pepper too! Terrible name for it though.

That just made my day!

LoL! WOW!

World's Hottest Pepper to Be Released Oct 31 2012
[background=rgb(136, 85, 34)]

[/background]
[background=rgb(136, 85, 34)]
The Very Big Pepper Corp. of America is pleased to announce that we will be releasing our first ever pepper on October 31, 2012. This one has been thoroughly tested in our own labs and has had individual peppers rated at over 2,009,232 SHU, with an average Scoville heat index rating of 1,475,000 SHU. This pepper is from our own line of peppers descending from the island of Trinidad, which we have secretly been growing in our headquarters in the Caribbean for over 5 years and 8 generations. This pepper formerly known as "VBPC666" is officially called The Crimson Pirate™ and will soon be pillaging tastebuds of chile pepperheads worldwide after the release party on October 31/Halloween night. It is a chinense pepper which matures to a solid red color with a traditional scorpion shape and flavor but with much higher heat. [/background]

Obviously someone's spoof of this release.

Yep it's a spoof from the site itself-
"About
The Very Big Pepper Corp. of America is a company with a solid reputation in producing only the very best in parodial pepper content. We are a wholly owned subsidiary of the Super Big Ltd. which is in turn a wholly owned subsidiary of Very Big Corporation of America."

I'm not sure if I am growing mine wrong or not,but I have had no less than 40 pods look just like the ones mega posted.

Maybe it's the variation from environmental factors. Mine have pimples upon pimples it seems. It's the most bumpy pepper I've ever seen. I would love to see pics of yours. There is a lot of variation with the primo pods. I'm not sure what makes them pimply.

Oddly I didn't take any pictures of a ripened Primo, but here is a green one:
7881529826_caff77b67b_c.jpg

Edit: Mine look more like ThePepperGrowingMan's pics. Perhaps it has the same characteristics as the primo.

Just step back for a second and think. All you really need is cool looking pod, a manufactured air of secrecy, and a promoter. You too can sell thousands of packs of seeds and never release any scientific data prior to your sell date. That is all you have seen here.

Set it up on the late night infomercial, a canned technique, that in the short run, can net you some pretty good revenue.

If you think about it, nobody will ever sue you over the cost of a pack of seeds. You are home free.

Keep in mind I am not saying THIS particular pepper mentioned in this thread is invalid, I am just hypothesizing that this technique could generate a short term revenue stream, with little or no investment. Yapping on the net is FREE, and costs nada.

Food for thought.

Just step back for a second and think. All you really need is cool looking pod, a manufactured air of secrecy, and a promoter. You too can sell thousands of packs of seeds and never release any scientific data prior to your sell date. That is all you have seen here.

Set it up on the late night infomercial, a canned technique, that in the short run, can net you some pretty good revenue.

If you think about it, nobody will ever sue you over the cost of a pack of seeds. You are home free.

Keep in mind I am not saying THIS particular pepper mentioned in this thread is invalid, I am just hypothesizing that this technique could generate a short term revenue stream, with little or no investment. Yapping on the net is FREE, and costs nada.

Food for thought.

And that exactly why this thread exists.... we what the FACTS

Maybe a new thread should be started on the new hottest pepper, that way there's another topic so people can beat that horse to death and the reputation of that company can be downgraded and questioned.

this thread is so long that everything has been said 20 times over and over, nothing new can be said that hasn't been said already. .

Slade, get any good trades for your reapers?

Pepperjoe, you can quit pming me, just post what you have to say. It is better to be out in the open. That way we can all be informed.

You have an expansive vocabulary, share it with board. It is exciting to hear someone describe themselves in such fantastic terms. You must be a great man......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back