• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

I'm old emough to remember when...

No cell phones, no internet. I was 4 years old when the dukes came on tv, been a fan eversince. I am also old enough to remember when there was barely any fences in levittown. We used to play manhunt and one block was the boundary and the kids didnt get shot at.

I remember when there was MUSIC on MTV.
Ha. I got you beat.

I remember Video Jukebox on HBO---before MTV, and I remember the first MTV video.
I remember the age before disposables----lighters, razors, diapers etc.
I remember when quick popcorn was JiffyPop on the stove, and re-heating leftovers took a 1/2 hour in the oven.

I remember when a lid was 4 fingers :)

I remember going to a big "warehouse" style grocery store - and writing the price of the item, on the item, with a fat black grease pen.

And you know, the cashiers back then actually trusted you!!!! :)

I am old enough to remember when collecting garbage pale kids, bringing transformers to school, and skateboarding on self constructed
ramps was the only way to make friends.

Shogun Warriors, 24" tall, 1977. Godzilla and Rodan too. Which I still have in their original boxes. Star Wars "action figures". Battlestar Galactica in prime time, and Star Blazers after school. Dallas and the Incredible Hulk on a 13 inch black and white antenna TV. Hugh Downs and 20/20 before the first day of school. And when everyone was sleeping, The Twilight Zone on late night TV.

Atari 2600/Apple IIe/Commodore/Intellivision B26 Bomber with voice/Nintendo/Colecovision. Now I have them all on an emulator! How times have changed! The game memories would have to be a different thread!

Barracuda jackets/Parachute pants/Member's Only Jackets/Vans Shoes/Puma Sneaks/Converse High tops. Skinny ties. Michael Keaton. RUN DMC.

"Video killed the Radio Star" but unfortunately, video killed the music video channel. V66 anyone?

Parachute pants were cool and Vans were the only shoes you should wear....
what do you mean WERE cool??????? ill ignore this and pretend youre not picking on me!

I remember going to a big "warehouse" style grocery store - and writing the price of the item, on the item, with a fat black grease pen.

And you know, the cashiers back then actually trusted you!!!! :)
when i was young moms would buy all of are spices, flour ,sugar,ceral ,ect ect. at some store that crap was in drums and you would scoop out the stuff into bags ,lol.. i think we were just really poor and i never knew :rofl:

Ha. I got you beat.

I remember Video Jukebox on HBO---before MTV, and I remember the first MTV video.
I remember the age before disposables----lighters, razors, diapers etc.
I remember when quick popcorn was JiffyPop on the stove, and re-heating leftovers took a 1/2 hour in the oven.

I remember when a lid was 4 fingers :)

I remember when there was no HBO or any kind of cable television. We had 3 channels, PBS and whatever 2 local channels were available.
I remember laser disks and betamax
I remember when a lid was 6 fingers and you could actually get Thai stick and "chocolate Thai". :silenced:
I remember a time before microwaves. I remember getting our 1st Amana microwave - the notion of making popcorn in 3 mins was like putting a man on the moon.

[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Shogun Warriors, 24" tall[/background]

I had one of those - and I had one that was all die cast metal that was red/silver that was only 7" tall, but was bad ass. You could shoot his fist across the room. My brother's shot a sword out of his hand.

for me it was a hot dog,,,,,,,,dont get to happy jay t! you had nothing to do with it. also i think we bought a micro just so we could do popcorn when it came out

I'll start. I am old enough to remember when... gas was less than a $, TV was three channels and a set of bunny ears, and people knew all their neighbors.

I'm younger than you, and grew up this way...

First tank of gas was 88cents a gallon... TV was CBS and if I was lucky, we would get WTOG 44 and the WB.

I currently know all of my neighbors. Some of them make me regret this.

I remember when the berlin wall fell...

Christy Mccullough was blown up on the space shuttle challenger...

I had an atari 2600 too... it was great!

I only had a couple of games though - frogger, a space - shooting type game that in retrospect still doesn't make any sense and pacman.

I remember no electricity and no indoor plumbing, meaning no hot water heater....sooo....when you wanted to take a bath, it was either go to the creek or heat some water in the old black wash pots...which were huge...probably 50+ gallons...and this was in 1953....that's not that long ago...and yes, there was a Sears Catalog in the Privy...

I dont' think you guys have an inkling of how country I really am...

Sounds like my great grandparents farm in Michagin... Still has a sears catalog in the outhouse. No electricity unless someone brings a generator, and if you want water, there is a hand pump outside.

Hare Krishna in airports... What are they doing now?

Marching down the highstreet in England. Not even kidding. I spent the summer in Slough in 2009, and every saturday they marched around beating drums for a while, and then they would hand out literature.

My bike and ball glove was all that was needed to be entertained from dawn to dusk.
Feb. 9, 1964 - things seemed a little different, I knew something that my parents didn't.
Dec. 8, 1980 - this can't happen.
Nov. 22, 1963
Oct. 14 - 28, 1962 - Walking to school wondering if the world was going to end.
Getting tossed from school for wearing Levi blue jeans.
61*
Rock'in to 8 tracks and crus'in for chicks.
Oct. 10, 1968 - Finally!
Nov. 19, 1966: 10 - 10. Still remember my father yelling at the TV. Gawd I despise ND to this day.

i remember when parents could beat there kids in public and other parents would be appy that something was getting done about the punk little kids. man o man do i miss those beatings,lol.

I watched the Beatles on the Ed Sullivan Show in 1964.

Live.

Some dude by the name of Topo Gigio followed them by free falling 8,000 feet while eating a 7 course meal.

Plate spinning.

Betchu' can't do it.

Milk in glass bottles delivered by the milk man

1 hours T.V. per day, and that was a choice of 2 channels.

Want to watch a movie...go to the cinema. And that was once a month. No such thing as betamax or VHS.

Atari 600 XL. That thing was the shnitz! Awesome graphics! HD was Like 300 x 190 or something and 2 colours! Normal res. was half that and 8 colours.

All you needed for entertainment was your mates, your bike and a box of matches and if you were lucky, 2 bottles of hombrew you 'borrowed' from your neighbours basement.

Back