• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Is this wrong?

McGoo said:
Cant believe no-one has mentioned this: http://www.thesentryproject.com/ Its a home made, paintball gun toting computer guided automatic sentry, using servos from remote control toys and custom made software.
Just make sure you dont get in the line of fire.

Those are just awesome! Even the water stream looks strong enough to knock a raccoon on it's ass.

I like the blowgun idea. we have trouble with bats and possums in St. Louis City sometimes- city will ONLY do something if its inside your house-I'm assuming its the same with other wild critters.

I'd be leery of eatin' city critters, though. they generally eat from the dumpsters and, well, ya're whatcha eat, y'know?

Have to add to this, in our small town of under 5,000, an 80 year old man made the local police report for discharging a firearm in town at 4:30 am. He reportedly was shooting the raccoons who were getting in his bird feeder.

HI, Scarpetti, how're your raccoons?

The subject came up in discussion this weekend, and a lady shared how 20 years ago she married her husband and moved into his house, and was subsequently woke up nights by raccoons (called the police, thought a person was in the attic) Her new husband worked nights, so he hadnt noticed yet.

He was pretty good with a bow and arrow, so, one night, he taped a small flashlight to the bow and arrow, walked up into his partially finished attic, opened a closet door, and saw the reflection of eyes. let loose the arrow, slammed the closet door, and raced down the stairs (not wanting to deal with an injured raccoon in the dark).

The next morning, he went up and looked in the closet- the arrow hit the raccoon right between the eyes and the tip was sticking out the back of the skull- deader than a doornail. he spent another night shooting at the other one- scared it off,- and then boarded up the hole.

Not bad for a vegetarian Buddhist who had only previously shot at targets!

Apparently, the city of St. Louis insists on live traps for raccoons- but if its only in your attic, its your problem. If it gets inside of your living quarters animal control will come. Also, you can be fined if you are caught putting a dead animal in a city dumpster.

Thought I'd ahare!:P

I like PRF's idea. But dip the SuperHot peppers in bacon grease first! And DEFINATELY video tape it. Make sure you have enough for the little ones.

Back