• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

It is what it is 2023

L0UFxDi.jpg

Under extreme pressure from my peers :lol: I am reluctantly starting my 2023 glog
Haven't actually planted any seeds yet, but it won't be long before I succumb to the gentle scent of compost, the lure of germination and the excitement of seeing a sprout
I am, however, cleaning all my plant tags if that's not commitment I don't know what is

Last edited:
So things I have learnt - it's a learning curve as always

Mistake - Bought the wrong lights - lights are set into the top of the propagator so they can't be lowered but we might have a work around this.
Therefore my first seedlings are a tad spindly. But that's OK, they'll make it or they won't.

Don't have a fan so I'm wafting seedlings with a tea-towel every now and again, it'll help or not.

Knowledge - Soaking seeds in warm tea germinate quicker than in water, although they're happy to be left 2 or 3 days if I don't get around to potting them.

Not sure about starting seeds off so early, last year I didn't start superhots until June and I still got a reasonable harvest. So maybe I'm being premature this year - that learning curve again.

First proper year using the heat mat and this makes a huge difference for germination.

That's it so far.

Hey Paul, how are you doing? Started getting those fingers into the soil yet?

We think we might have a work around, involving a wooden spindle and a couple of clips - it's yet to be tested.
Saying that the seedlings spent the day in the greenhouse having some sunshine, they seem to be doing OK - I can see a few with true leaves starting to form so they're not missing out that much :D

Last edited:
Huzzah - I got a Papa Dreadie coming up - seeds were from the Seed Train, unfortunately no name on the bag but thank you whoever put them in

ETA1 - It took 2 weeks to get this sprout meanwhile no show of the Rocoto - little basterd

ETA2 - On the next round of rocoto seeds I'm going to soak it in lemon juice - found this information: "We have had the best experience with Rocoto seeds with the juice of a lemon diluted with water." I'm going to get a rocoto to sprout if it kills me :lol:

bVFMznrm.jpg

Last edited:
Back