• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

JoynersHotPepper 2015 Pepper Party

So far behind this year, have not even made a list for 2015. This shall be the week to shed the lazy!

10423817_949848828382177_1789482448508038820_n.png

"When you are planning out your tomatillos, you will need at least 2 plants in order to get any fruit. They are self-infertile and must have another plant closeby to pollinate. Three or four plants is better, but you definitely need at least 2."

also sorry to get off topic but can someone refer me to  a good place for tomatillo seeds?

OSUPepperGuy said:
"When you are planning out your tomatillos, you will need at least 2 plants in order to get any fruit. They are self-infertile and must have another plant closeby to pollinate. Three or four plants is better, but you definitely need at least 2."

also sorry to get off topic but can someone refer me to  a good place for tomatillo seeds?
I got mine at tractor supply, Seeds of Change...organic

JoynersHotPeppers said:
My first time growing them as well, could not pass up some organic purple seeds figured nothing else they would look awesome around the yard. 

I'll be interested to hear your report on how they taste vs. the green ones. I like the flavor of the green ones very much and it makes for some fantastic verde sauces.

Nice, I heard the same thing on tomatillos but I had two last year and they went crazy. I have 3 together in a 3 inch pot. I'm just going to plant them like that and let them become one big entagled plant. Should do fine I would think. I need to get one them cheater tanks. DWC system works pretty great too. I had canna completly fill the 5 gal buckets with roots in 2 months. Will see how my peppers do now that they are in it. not sure how they are going to react going from soil to hydro. So far they are doing ok and don't seem to be going into any kind of shock. 

Glad I found this glog. I'm starting tomatillos soon and would never have thought they needed two to pollinate.

Quick question though if I may, could I just plant one green and one purple and be good or would I need two of each?

grantmichaels said:
I'm going to load up romaine in mine and see how many nights a week I can clip salad, and how long the lettuce plants thrive ...

I got lettuce popping up in the garden and down in the mulch from last years grow. Lol like a congo line going downhill from where the lettuce was planted. water run off had spread teh seed.... 

Back