event Kato's 2008 contest

chiliman said:
Hey Dyce, time to give up the goat. I have just come up witha new BBQ sauce that I am naming "God's gift to BBQ" ! Best bet would be to get professional real quick!

Just remember the last contest I submitted a batch I messed up on. I won't let that happen again!! This year the batch will be PERFECT!! I even have a "secret weapon" all planned out!! HE HE HE....I love it when a plan comes together!!!

chiliman said:
Scared is probably his (and all the other ametuers) best bet! Tested the "Gods Gift to BBQ" on the clients (read: customers) yesterday. It's a hit! Had folks just giddy as small children at a Wiggles concert!

SCARED???? You dont scare me!!! LMAO "Gods Gift to BBQ" hhhmmm interesting! Bring it on !!! I will make sure the batch I make is absolutly perfect!! I even have a blazing hot bbq now (made with my own extract that I made myself)

Entry form 2008

______________________________________________________________________________________
Name of company or individual as it should appear on award

______________________________________________________________________________________
Contact Person

Address

__________________________________________________________(_____)________(_____)_______
City State Zip Phone Fax

E-mail Web Address

Please fill out the following product category.
(Notate the names of the products very carefully: No changes will be made once entry is accepted.)

Total Number of Entries _______
By signing the entry form you understand these rules and agree to abide by the decisions of the judges.
of, In Bloom magazine, “Official Magazine of the Historic Azalea Festival.” The decisions of the judges are final.
Winners will be notified by Kato Productions, chairpersons of the 2nd annual Azalea Festival Sauce Competition.

Final Check list
To be included at time of entry
• Completed entry form
• Completed categories
• 2 samples of each product

SUBMIT ALL ENTRIES TO:
Florida Azalea Festival Sauce Contest, Attn: Kato Productions 205 Whispering Pines Rd, Georgetown, Florida 32139
For questions, please call 888-528-KATO(5286) or email kato@katoproductions.com

ALL ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY February 01, 2008.
Walk-up entries may be accepted at the festival, Saturday, March 1st 2008 at the discretion of
the judges.
Winners will be announced at The Florida Azalea Festival following the judging on March 2nd 2008.
Winners not in attendance will be notified by Kato Productions.
Please type or print carefully. Photocopies are acceptable.
June 30
There are two divisions
Amateur division | Professional division
Categories
BBQ Sauce | Hot Sauce | Other

You may enter each product in other categories. Example: BBQ Sauce
Or Hot Sauce & Other. You may enter your product
In BBQ Sauce and Hot Sauce both.

Whats the matter chiliman? Cat got your tongue? LMAO....or are you getting a lil worried that "Gods Gift to BBQ" has some pretty serious competition and ya gotta step it up a lil more? LOL.........all in fun!! LMAO Seriously though, I look forward to the event!!!

HHHMMM You still speachless Chiliman?? LOL

Scared?! No, actually went into a short but wonderfully refreshing coma reading your smack. I plan on cooking the cat that you think got my tongue and using my "G.G.t. BBQ" on it. It makes everything taste better. In fact, you may want to use it when you are eating crow at the end of the contest:mouthonfire::onfire:

You'll both have to deal with my "Barnacle Remover".... from an amateur, no less!!!

As a matter of fact, you might need some for flavor on that BBQ'd cat...:cool::P:lol:

Entry Fee & Categories

Kato’s 4th annual
Fiery Food contest

Submissions at the discretion of organization committee
$25.00 per product per category to enter.
Categories made upon number of entries.
Categories

Hot Sauce

Specific
Peppers_________

Specific
Fruit/_________
Other_______

Style/
Louisiana__
Caribbean___
Fusion_______________
Southwestern________
Mexican____
Asian_____
Northeasten Florida Datil Pepper Sauce____

Hottest Hot Sauce_______

BBQ Sauce
___

Style/
Spicy__
Sweet___
Red___
Mustard________
Vinegar_______
Fusion__________

DevilDuck said:
You'll both have to deal with my "Barnacle Remover".... from an amateur, no less!!!

As a matter of fact, you might need some for flavor on that BBQ'd cat...:shh::D:lol:

I'm just gonna call you "sitting duck" from now on, meat!

:flamethrower:Sitting Duck

chiliman said:
I'm just gonna call you "sitting duck" from now on, meat!

:flamethrower:Sitting Duck

Sitting Duck....now thats funny!!!!! LMAO

Boy Chiliman you talkin alot of smack here...first with me now with DD.....hhhmmmm Your G.G.t.BBQ had better be some pretty good stuff!!!!LOL...

I am a true smack talkin machine. I just LOVE it.

Good news is, I am more than willing to eat the crow if it is called for.

(And, yes,it is THAT good!)

All of the Kato's Kontest threads have been merged into this one, and this thread is a sticky at the top of the forum.

To enter you need to go to: http://katoproductions.com/kontest.htm
Remember, as a member of TheHotPepper.com, you get $5 off per entry.

To let everyone know what has changed. We are no longer involved with the Azalea Fest. We are still going to continue with Kato's contest the dates have changed from the beginning of March to the middle of February. When we have the exact dates we will post them.
Everything fell through with the Azalea Fest. due to another organization taking over the Azalea fest. that we couldn't work with this has been our baby for a number of years and we can't lose control of our contest.
I hope everyone is still excited as we are. We still plan on cash prizes from the entries. The rules are still the same and the contact info stays the same. The only change so far is the dates of the contest.

Mick
Kato's

Well things are building up for our Fiery Food contest judging to be 02/12/08 entries to be submitted before 01/25/08.

The chance to win cash, acrylic trophies, Ribbons and products
The 4th annual Kato's Fiery Food contest has grown each year with better and more prizes to win. Interested parties call us toll free 888-528-KATO(5286) come join the fun and cast your vote for your favorite.

Mick
Kato's

You know I'm there, Mick! Though the $20 per sauce entry fee will greatly reduce the amount of sauces I send. Are you going to do anything like the Hot Pepper awards with the early entry for a bit less?

For those who are too new to remember last year, the trophies are really nice and the cash is, well, lovely.

But ya gotta be in it to beat the champs, so step up your game and get in the mix! I am taking applications for someone man (or woman) enough to step into the smack talk ring. No apologies and no hurt feelings, it's all in fun! (DYCE????? Hows the new stuff coming?)

Hey Mick,
Glad to hear that yer still pressin forward with the contest!

The wife wants to enter with her Buccaneer Bites again. Will there be a category for Sweets w/heat this year?

For sure cap'n the categories are based on entries in the category.

To make sure that is a category enter 3 in the same category.

Cap'n PM me so we can talk some more.

Mick
Kato's

chiliman said:
You know I'm there, Mick! Though the $20 per sauce entry fee will greatly reduce the amount of sauces I send. Are you going to do anything like the Hot Pepper awards with the early entry for a bit less?

For those who are too new to remember last year, the trophies are really nice and the cash is, well, lovely.

But ya gotta be in it to beat the champs, so step up your game and get in the mix! I am taking applications for someone man (or woman) enough to step into the smack talk ring. No apologies and no hurt feelings, it's all in fun! (DYCE????? Hows the new stuff coming?)

Hey don't you worry how my stuff is commin!!!! Just be worried if your stuff is good enough!!!!!LMAO!!!!!

Sorry to hear the azelea festival wounldn't work with you guys but it's great to see you are still continuing the competition!!

Back