labels Label Updates (yet again)

I knew I had to add a bar code to the labels for this round, as well as fix the nutritional panel/ingredients to be laid out vertically, instead of horizontally....It led to this.....I'm very happy...More towards where I want to take things in a branding perspective...

THEN

It's tiny in your avatar but I can still read it, and I recognize it as your brand. Like the Nabisco red triangle in the corner of a box. Instant brand recognition. I think it's a good thing to do. You could use or drop the colors depending on label, imo.

Remove the curlique on top of the crows head, get a different style picture frame, one without the curve, just goes straight across the top, plenty of room for the Coke style logo.

grantmichaels said:
That catsup is good shit, I'm half through a bottle in like a week ...

Even used some on steak ... I know, the horror ...

Thank you....Always makes me warm and fuzzy to hear!

Working feverishly on an all natural version (no high fructose corn syrup) for early/middle of 2016.

Had to settle with this recipe as it fit into my limited budget at the time, and I really wanted a ketchup in my arsenal...looking to match the taste & heat...almost there (6 test batches so far and getting closer)

Gemini Crow Sauce Company said:

Thank you....Always makes me warm and fuzzy to hear!

Working feverishly on an all natural version (no high fructose corn syrup) for early/middle of 2016.

Had to settle with this recipe as it fit into my limited budget at the time, and I really wanted a ketchup in my arsenal...looking to match the taste & heat...almost there (6 test batches so far and getting closer)

Cool ... of course, the whole HFCS thing is total bullshit, but it's probably good for sales ... ride those sheeple to the bank!

I need to search harder to find the really damning research my sister sent me a while back, but this bit comparing agave nectar to it, is interesting too ...

http://healthimpactnews.com/2013/agave-is-far-worse-than-high-fructose-corn-syrup/

grantmichaels said:

Cool ... of course, the whole HFCS thing is total bullshit, but it's probably good for sales ... ride those sheeple to the bank!

I need to search harder to find the really damning research my sister sent me a while back, but this bit comparing agave nectar to it, is interesting too ...

http://healthimpactnews.com/2013/agave-is-far-worse-than-high-fructose-corn-syrup/

I'm sure their are countless arguments that can be made either way, but in the simplest freasoning for me, HFCS has much more negative opinions in the public eye then Agave or any of the natural 'sweeteners' out there these days.....I guess I am looking to settle on the 'least of all evils' that I can get my hands on....lol

customer perception is a critical point for things like HFCS. 

+++ on No Plurals! 

Apple & Ghost Pepper

WAIT A MINUTE!  Jack the Reaper??????   Where did that one come from?
Hmmmmmm... gonna have to look at that one for a day or so.  Initial response is- I don't like the backwards and disjointed letters.  Haven't made up my mind about the name itself....gonna have to look at it a couple more times...............think about how it works into the overall line. 

Just wondering,,,,any other sauces out there by that name?????

aight- after a quick examination-
For Jack the Reaper- I totally do not like the font, not sure about the name, but I kinda get where it's going.

The fond doesn't work with the old fashioned look.   

Blackberry Belle looks like...maybe a little bit Hollywood, but still looks gothic/vampire/Munster-ish
burn- a classic caligraphy
Devil's Due- looks like something scratched onto an old barn board
Gemeniah's- still kind of old fashioned but funky looking font

JAcK th3 r3Ap3R......does not fit with the rest of the brand.

PS- really hoping the Coke-Logo can make it onto the front panel.  ;) 

Keep at it, it'll get there~~~

salsalady said:
customer perception is a critical point for things like HFCS. 

+++ on No Plurals! 

Apple & Ghost Pepper

WAIT A MINUTE!  Jack the Reaper??????   Where did that one come from?
Hmmmmmm... gonna have to look at that one for a day or so.  Initial response is- I don't like the backwards and disjointed letters.  Haven't made up my mind about the name itself....gonna have to look at it a couple more times...............think about how it works into the overall line. 

Just wondering,,,,any other sauces out there by that name?????

I put out Jack the Reaper back in March. Debuted officially at the NYC expo. Has already picked up a couple of regional awards (*insert jerkoff motion* LOL)...

I cam across the name from a couple of FB Pepper board guys who were calling a pepper hybrid they were working on, jack the reaper. I reached out, got their blessing to use the name for the sauce, and so it went....

An obvious play on 'Jack the Ripper', i had always wanted to use some form of Russian-esque font and liked this one.....i think it fits in with the slightly old fashioned evil motif I have going.....

got the singular words in the works and a variation of the logo going on top.....

woot.

Cool name.

At least you didn't pun the Datil, or I may have had to ban you.

Arrrrgghhhhh datil puns nooooooooooooooooooooooooo! LOL!

Datil dew this, datil be enough of that, those puns are so cheesy.

Gemini Crow Sauce Company said:

juuussssst a bit more graphic than I was thinking....a little smiley with the hand moving back & forth would be perfect though. 

And yes, I realize it might be disrespectful to use in a discussion, but c'mon, is it really worse than :rolleyes:
By the way, I just saw the label with the backwards "E"s and it makes my head hurt reading it. 

Also, singular is best. Pineapple. Reaper.   
Also, why the inconsistency between the "distressed" fonts, and the super clean fonts (BURN, and the Fiery Catsup) ?  

IMO the product line would be tied together more cleanly if they were all in the same font for the names. 

Lucky Dog Hot Sauce said:
IMO the product line would be tied together more cleanly if they were all in the same font for the names. 

Putting the GC logo on the front would help that. Then you have Gemini Crow written the same every time for identity, but deviate with the themes.

I think he is still trying that out. But if you don't do that, yeah, they are all over the place.

And I don't like the puffy 3D look of Blackberry and Reaper, it's like someone was playing with the Bevel & Emboss tool in PS. Hehe.

Lucky Dog Hot Sauce said:

Also, why the inconsistency between the "distressed" fonts, and the super clean fonts (BURN, and the Fiery Catsup) ?  

That's what I was attempting with the 'disco ball' font earlier in the thread, with looking at it now, would have been a disaster as I'd be sitting on thousands and thousands of labels counting the minute where I could justify editing the labels again.....lol

I searched and searched and just couldn't find a font that I could envision working with each sauce, as I like to think hat each sauce has it's own identity and personality.

I get the reaper/ripper tie in and that works.  I totally did not get Russian out of the font until you said that.  Coupled with forward and backwards "E"s, backwards R's, 3 different size letters......after LDHS said it, it kinda gives me a head ache also.

Plus, Jack the Ripper was in London, not Russia.  Some other gothic/old english font would tie that in???

The Hot Pepper said:

Putting the GC logo on the front would help that. Then you have Gemini Crow written the same every time for identity, but deviate with the themes.

I think he is still trying that out. But if you don't do that, yeah, they are all over the place.

And I don't like the puffy 3D look of Blackberry and Reaper, it's like someone was playing with the Bevel & Emboss tool in PS. Hehe.

I'll have labels to show you guys later today with the logo on the top middle....two versions based on space constraints...

GEMINI *logo* CROW  and GEMINI CROW *logo* SAUCE COMPANY.... I think the logo by itself, despite its uniqueness won't sit right floating on its own up top.....We shall see....

As for the 3D / Distressedness, Ill pass on to my designer to see what she thinks can be done to level the playing field.....

stay tuned! :)

Back