LAND OF THE GIANTS 2016 - Biggest Jim Competition

dennish said:
Here are my pair, one in a 15l AirPot and the other in 26l passive hydro wick fed pot... Both potted up into Terra Canna Professional potting mix... Blue touch paper has been ignited, stand by for lift off!

Looking good Dennis!  My Big Jim WR looks to be about the same size as yours on the left (though I managed to damage a few leaves on mine).  It's also going into a similar set up to yours, still another week or two to plant out for me then it's game on!

Hey all, we have a new leader in Ben123 from CG with an early entry from an indoor plant... check out the post at the top of the thread updated with details of the entry... only a 'tiddler' I'm sure in terms of what is to come, but great to see some entries starting to get posted up! 

I have one of my first pods starting to change color, so I might get a pic in to add to the list. It's only about the same size as the ones posted, but I aint done yet!!

I'll try to get it on here tonight or tomorrow.

OK, so it's not as big as I told her it was going to be, but the plant's just starting to ruffle it's feathers! 

IMG_4189_zpssxe1nlp6.jpg

IMG_4193_zpsdb99drfx.jpg

mrgrowguy said:
OK, so it's not as big as I told her it was going to be, but the plants just starting to ruffle it's feathers! 

Good early effort Mr GG!  Is that 11cm long and 8.3cm around?

I figured it to be around 11cm long and 8.1 cm cir. I tried to get the measuring tape to bend as close as possible. I'll use string next time, that pic was taken really late last night. :)

mrgrowguy said:
I figured it to be around 11cm long and 8.1 cm cir. I tried to get the measuring tape to bend as close as possible. I'll use string next time, that pic was taken really late last night. :)

OK great, and which flavour of Big Jim is it?

dennish said:
Looking good Coldsmoke! Can you please give me the measurements in cm? Cheers... For now I have assumed 16cm long and 9cm around - new leader, great work! :party:

Just go with that...Thanks! I have a bigger on anther plant but I'm really busy with the house of late to do much else

skullbiker, you should win something just for that - a you do.

Delicious sandwiches!

I'm out.  

After several random disasters forced re-planting of BJ seeds, the fucking birds just murdered my last BJ starts.  The fuckers pull up any plant under ~4 inches and just leave it to die.  In today's 108 temperatures, this takes about 4 fucking minutes.

skullbiker said:
Just a quick update. Here's one of my World Record Big Jims forming some nice long pods. The longer ones are 6.5 to 7 inches. I'll wait till they stop getting longer before I do a proper measurement.

Looking great Ted!  Relish looks spot on too... yumyum.

Back