LAND OF THE GIANTS 2016 - Biggest Jim Competition

Thought I would post a Big Jim update and also put in the measurements of one of my pods to get the ball rolling in this competition. These are on a Numex Heritage Big Jim:

And here's another, I'm going to measure this one because it's straight and easy.

And now the measurements for Dennis.

I get 113 mm long by 85 mm around for a total of 198.

OK we are off and running thanks to Skullbiker for the early entry, now posted up on the leaderboard on the post at the top of the thread.

I finally got mine into the 20-gal pot and outside! Temps are reliably over 50 deg f at night now.

From here it should start to explode with growth!

IMG_3816_zpsguuh50f0.jpg

IMG_3817_zpsyl7s2dy7.jpg

Recycled soil, packed with a little extra power this time!

Looking really good MRGG, looking forward to the growth explosion!  I'm very envious of your ability to plant out at this stage  :D

mrgrowguy said:
I finally got mine into the 20-gal pot and outside! Temps are reliably over 50 deg f at night now.

From here it should start to explode with growth!

IMG_3816_zpsguuh50f0.jpg

IMG_3817_zpsyl7s2dy7.jpg

Recycled soil, packed with a little extra power this time!

dennish said:
Looking really good MRGG, looking forward to the growth explosion!  I'm very envious of your ability to plant out at this stage  :D

LOL, if I would have taken the chance at the weather being more stable than I expected, I would've had it out there a month ago!

dennish said:
The shackles have been removed as I've been holding these chaps back for a few weeks now.

0a52376edaa96be9c3d373df7e13debc.jpg
Get them things going dennis, it's lonely at the top. Seriously though, they are looking good. I suspect most participants plants will somewhat even out by mid-season.

It started to rain so I had to pull it in a bit. Thank god for them handles! Watch out guys, one week later and those pods have grown a decent little bit... heh. So Cal, our grass is mostly brown (drought), but Jim is green! 
IMG_3978_zps0wbmkgsw.jpg

...consider this shit-talking, pow!  
weather_zpsm7mennnf.jpg

mrgrowguy said:
It started to rain so I had to pull it in a bit. Thank god for them handles! Watch out guys, one week later and those pods have grown a decent little bit... heh. So Cal, our grass is mostly brown (drought), but Jim is green! 
IMG_3978_zps0wbmkgsw.jpg

...consider this shit-talking, pow!  
weather_zpsm7mennnf.jpg

Looking very good Mr GG!  Please don't rub it in too much with the so cal weather forecast, still at least my grass is green here in Yorkshire :-)

Back