• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Lavatungs newb glog.

Just another glog of a newb who doesn't know what they are doing. But with the plethora of info on this forum how hard can't it be right..?

a3817552.jpg
Baby Trinidad Scorpions.

fdb972a4.jpg
Most of them transplanted.

f9712a3c.jpg
My propergation light.
5e71bc11.jpg
Verigated leaves..?
5c694a02.jpg
Yellow veins anyone..? Thanks to the kind THP folks it turned out I was loving them too much.
6e90fb17.jpg
Look at them now :)!

3bea3c4b.jpg
The result of using old potting mix.

25c4f262.jpg
The jungle!

Thanks megamoo! Hey do you still have some plants left and which ones? I might make a trip to collect some if you do. When can do a seed trade too. I know you'll probably have most of the chillis i do but I've got heaps of different veggies and other stuff too!

Another interesting guy hanging around.
9DD5BEC7-D8BE-4308-BC28-5D5BA884DFFB-237-000000112C3B9597.jpg
44F14E78-7D99-45D4-ABAB-5C4C8E920D85-237-0000001132BCC641.jpg
I doesn't show in the photo but it had a cool blue strip down its back.

Been perusing your glog, very nice :) Loved how your peppers bounced back when you put them into the ground and the shot of the praying mantis … very cool! Lately I’ve also had a lot of dragonflies around, they don’t seem to do anything to the peppers so I leave them alone and googled their diet here, carnivorous is good! Seems their jet propulsion system in the water as babies (nymph) is a hoot, lol … great glog!

Plants look healthy mate , they seem to love that soil , good choice wacking them in the ground..how was your christmas mate , all good i hope ?

Wish you well on your in grounds. They look close like mine when I planted. Hope they don't overlap. Wish you a successful season. Happy holidays

There is some olde wisdom that having dragonflies around brings good luck. I always love to see them. And they eat lots of flying insects. A good thing to have around. I have had a couple land on my hand when put out toward them.
Enjoying your glog! & Happy holidays!

Been perusing your glog, very nice :) Loved how your peppers bounced back when you put them into the ground and the shot of the praying mantis … very cool! Lately I’ve also had a lot of dragonflies around, they don’t seem to do anything to the peppers so I leave them alone and googled their diet here, carnivorous is good! Seems their jet propulsion system in the water as babies (nymph) is a hoot, lol … great glog!
Thanks for looking WalkGood. Anal jet propulsion... Funny stuff :)

Plants look healthy mate , they seem to love that soil , good choice wacking them in the ground..how was your christmas mate , all good i hope ?
They are really loving the ground. I think the potting mix I had wasn't the greatest. Xmas was good thanks mate. Too much food and drink as usual :beer:

Nice to see some pods coming along there bro. Nice work!! Merry Christmas for yesterday!!
Thanks Trippa. Happy holidays to you too!

Wish you well on your in grounds. They look close like mine when I planted. Hope they don't overlap. Wish you a successful season. Happy holidays
Cheers King. When I put them in the ground I expected them to die. I will defiantly plan my garden layout a bit better next season. Happy holidays to you.

There is some olde wisdom that having dragonflies around brings good luck. I always love to see them. And they eat lots of flying insects. A good thing to have around. I have had a couple land on my hand when put out toward them.
Enjoying your glog! & Happy holidays!
They are cool. I always see them in the garden. I'm still yet to see an aphid. Touch wood. Happy holidays mate.

These guys are a regular fixture in the garden
02631D1E-02E4-46B9-8C9A-AE07EB0B4CEE-2539-00000138583A908A.jpg
B21EFDA1-588F-413C-9812-56A89E99B5F5-2539-0000013850C050FE.jpg
6F5D0410-A13D-4A0A-AD27-9842B5903699-2539-00000138482E973C.jpg
There's heaps of them

Love seeing lady bugs and beez flying around the garden , i watched a doco on beez a few months back about how australia is the only country in the world that hasnt got that killer mite thats wiping out there hives.

107F64A6-2D25-4FDE-A850-61F7EC3ECDE7-3502-000001E1574196E8.jpg
The heat wave doesn't seem to be bothering my plants. Mind you they are only getting half sun and watered twice a day.
EE8621CD-38A3-45C0-90B9-7ADF1B96A821-3502-000001E142943941.jpg
This is supposed to be a Bhut Jolokia...? I don't think it is.

Love seeing lady bugs and beez flying around the garden , i watched a doco on beez a few months back about how australia is the only country in the world that hasnt got that killer mite thats wiping out there hives.
Varroa mite is the nasty things you are talking about.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Varroa_destructor

Luckily in terms of pollination in New Zealand at least there are a large number of Bumble bees (which Australia doesn't seem to have ??) Which aren't effected by the mite at all (although it seems they may spread them) bumble bees are great pollinators aswell due to their hairy bodies getting coated in pollen and propensity to climb right into flowers meaning they are sometimes visually just coated in pollen while flying about. Great creatures for the gardener.

Pity about the actual decline of the honey bees although to be honest I actually don't see many of them in Queensland either compared with New Zealand ??

Lavatung, love seeing all those ladybugs milling about looking for their next meal. The in-grounds look great! That not-Bhut looks a lot like a Goronong. Keep it up, man! Good on ya for saving the bees from the pool. I didn't see any during the summer, but I see an occasional one now that it's our winter....go figure.

And thanks, Trippa, for the link. Apt name for a colony destructor.

Lavatung, love seeing all those ladybugs milling about looking for their next meal. The in-grounds look great! That not-Bhut looks a lot like a Goronong. Keep it up, man! Good on ya for saving the bees from the pool. I didn't see any during the summer, but I see an occasional one now that it's our winter....go figure.

And thanks, Trippa, for the link. Apt name for a colony destructor.
I just checked out the Goronong. Your right it does look like it.. The only prob is the ones I saved the seed from were red. I didn't know much about peppers back then and the guy called them ghost peppers. They were the hottest thing I've eaten so far and really fruity. I'm looking forward to them.

I just checked out the Goronong. Your right it does look like it.. The only prob is the ones I saved the seed from were red. I didn't know much about peppers back then and the guy called them ghost peppers. They were the hottest thing I've eaten so far and really fruity. I'm looking forward to them.

I mean no offense, but is it possible a stray seed got mixed in? I know in the number of plants I have growing now that I started from seed, I have a couple that I question (supposed to be chinense that looks like an annuum).

Anyway, will be interesting to see what color it ripens. Maybe it's not a stray seed but a Bhut crossed with something, possibly Bhut x Goronong. Would be a cool pod, especially if it ripens red and has Bhut heat!

Back