• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Lavatungs newb glog.

Just another glog of a newb who doesn't know what they are doing. But with the plethora of info on this forum how hard can't it be right..?

a3817552.jpg
Baby Trinidad Scorpions.

fdb972a4.jpg
Most of them transplanted.

f9712a3c.jpg
My propergation light.
5e71bc11.jpg
Verigated leaves..?
5c694a02.jpg
Yellow veins anyone..? Thanks to the kind THP folks it turned out I was loving them too much.
6e90fb17.jpg
Look at them now :)!

3bea3c4b.jpg
The result of using old potting mix.

25c4f262.jpg
The jungle!

My plants was thirsty.

Don't seem to have mould, fungus issues. I think it's the quality compost and worm juice I'm using. Oh and the compost tea too. I got some good shit happening in my soil. I get mushrooms popping up all the time.

M8 b carefull wetting the pods seems to cause rot
mate in nature you can't tell the rain to not wet the pods. If you can emulate a natural garden nature will sort it's self out. I know what your saying about our shit water.. But I've been watering from above the whole time and so far I've only had probs with my toms but I think it's caterpillars not ber.

Luke last me look was on third of Jan, every ting looking lush and beautiful mon … keep up the awesome grow :)

... I think it's the quality compost and worm juice I'm using. Oh and the compost tea too. I got some good shit happening in my soil. I get mushrooms popping up all the time. ...

What worm juice, did you make it? Currently I'm making seaweed tea, hope it's as good as your compost tea (something I've neve done with composted soil). Can you link me or explain the mushroom ting? I have that happen at lot when it rains too much here and I have always attributed mushrooms from the manure in the mix ...

Luke last me look was on third of Jan, every ting looking lush and beautiful mon … keep up the awesome grow :)

What worm juice, did you make it? Currently I'm making seaweed tea, hope it's as good as your compost tea (something I've neve done with composted soil). Can you link me or explain the mushroom ting? I have that happen at lot when it rains too much here and I have always attributed mushrooms from the manure in the mix ...
yeah walk I have a worm farm where I get a lot of worm wee. It's the run off from the food they eat and the juice they excrete. I also get worm castings from the farm and I have a compost bin. I put a lot of work into my compost. I load it with 20% kitchen scraps, 10% manure and 70% dry materials. I turn it daily and keep it moist. I also pee in it every chance I get. That's right... pee in it. I hear the urea in urine is good for breaking down the material and also adds nutrient. I'm farming compost from it every 3 weeks which is really quick. I hear it usually takes 3mths. Because of all this good stuff I'm adding to the soil I have a good soil web happening and this is why mushrooms are always popping up.

^^^ There are so many things to wait on when it comes to growing chiles. I think one of the hardest is waiting for them to ripen. Seems like at least a month before they ripen after they reach full size.

^^^ There are so many things to wait on when it comes to growing chiles. I think one of the hardest is waiting for them to ripen. Seems like at least a month before they ripen after they reach full size.
Some of my Birdseye have been full size for more than a month. But I know that soon I'll have more ripe pods than I know what to do with.

Another friend in the garden.
E42A45C1-7AE3-4402-A811-4A8E98AF4E5F-4847-000003369FC59C7A.jpg
D1639E35-CB58-41F5-9C8E-40C05632A738-4847-00000336A419DB23.jpg
So far I've had Red, Blue and now Orange Dragonflies visit

Heres some different things I'm growing in my garden. This is the moon and stars mellon.
F9B3D7DE-92CB-4C19-82BA-A02309D18FAE-4847-00000336A88785E9.jpg
Cherry toms starting to ripen with some basil in the background. If you look real carefull you can see a poor runt Fatalii that never grew and got overrun by the toms.
21243B87-CAF5-4B1E-83D0-D61B268FBC10-4847-00000336BD7A574E.jpg

My poor lettuce is being swamped by the corn and cucumbers. I've got limited space because of all my chillies.
2A4D0472-2F8D-406D-87F0-C62018BAE540-4847-00000336AD4AAB11.jpg
This cucumber is loaded with little fruits. I'm going to be pickling these guys.
E1FE2713-D49F-4846-BB43-8B872E9A2F35-4847-00000336B1B97933.jpg
Thanks for looking.

You veges look great. I think the little cucumbers are just the female flower before its fertilised... or maybe thats zucchini? I can't remember now but they should grow big and the flower drop off like chillies.

Can't wait to see the moon and stars melon, I was going to grow that but don't have the space. I think they like to take over everything like pumpkins.

Looking good. I really like marconi peppers. Awesome flavor for a sweet. I would like to find some golden marconi seeds before our spring. They sound good. That's a good mystery plant to have though. Enjoyed the dragonfly picts too.
I always have been told you have to grow many rows of corn to get the fertilization going, or you want have any cobbs, So i have never tryed. Have you done this previously with sucess?
the yellow 7 is looking good too. I like to see that shape early on like that. & they are so yummy!
Keep the updates coming! I always enjoy reading your glog!

Cool photos !
Now I'm hyped up to get the garden going.....
Those Scorps are the real deal, look no further, they are Hot and Tasty!
Good luck with all the veg thats growing.

Greg

You veges look great. I think the little cucumbers are just the female flower before its fertilised... or maybe thats zucchini? I can't remember now but they should grow big and the flower drop off like chillies.

Can't wait to see the moon and stars melon, I was going to grow that but don't have the space. I think they like to take over everything like pumpkins.
I think I started the Mellon too late because its growing pretty slow. I've been steering it where I want it to grow. It keeps trying to get my chillies.
There are a load of flowers on the cucumber that don't have anything at the bottom so I just assumed they were fruit.

Looking good. I really like marconi peppers. Awesome flavor for a sweet. I would like to find some golden marconi seeds before our spring. They sound good. That's a good mystery plant to have though. Enjoyed the dragonfly picts too.
I always have been told you have to grow many rows of corn to get the fertilization going, or you want have any cobbs, So i have never tryed. Have you done this previously with sucess?
the yellow 7 is looking good too. I like to see that shape early on like that. & they are so yummy!
Keep the updates coming! I always enjoy reading your glog!
Thanks for looking GA. I have never grown corn before but I've got 2 rows of 8 so hopefully that will be enough to get a few cobs. I've never tried the 7's before. I'm looking forward to those.

Cool photos !
Now I'm hyped up to get the garden going.....
Those Scorps are the real deal, look no further, they are Hot and Tasty!
Good luck with all the veg thats growing.

Greg
Hey Greg, thanks for stopping by. I try to keep the photos interesting. Is that a TS on you're profile pic? That is the chilli I'm looking forward to the most.

Found a worker in the garden.
927D7BD6-5714-427F-957C-E8D6A66B6DCC-5308-000003DBDB5E525E.jpg
23EC379F-D340-4A1B-A2F2-8C4149C5463D-5308-000003DBD55B7BE7.jpg
7802C5F4-85BC-4E45-BD43-275DBF2FE840-5308-000003DBCFBEFF91.jpg
He was starting to get annoyed with me following him around.

Yeah on zucchinis the flowers with nothing on the bottom are male flowers, the ones with a small fruit are female. You need them to sex it up to get the fruit to develop into a large fruit. Think its the same with cucumbers. The bees will take care of it for you :)

Yeah on zucchinis the flowers with nothing on the bottom are male flowers, the ones with a small fruit are female. You need them to sex it up to get the fruit to develop into a large fruit. Think its the same with cucumbers. The bees will take care of it for you :)
Uh huh, I get it now. That makes sense because the little fruits flower hasn't opened yet. Good thing the bees are sexing them up.

Great to see all the pods showing for you, Luke.
You will have some fun when they ripen up!

Good luck getting them to the color stage!

Great to see all the pods showing for you, Luke.
You will have some fun when they ripen up!

Good luck getting them to the color stage!
Thanks Paul. It's always good to have you stop by. I've got my first ripe Birdseye. I'll post some pics later. I'm really looking forward to the super hots. The store bought Birdseye an habanero ain't doing it for me no more.

Back