• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

MeatHead 2014

Thought I'd start a new glog as my 1st year grow plants have now gone, and all remaining plants are intended for the 2014 season. Currently have growing with hopes of keeping through winter-
Yellow bhut jolokia
Brain strain
Aji limon
Chocolate Trinidad scorpion
Fatalii
Black Hungarian
Chinese 5 colour.
Have all healthy plants bar 1 out of 6 inch pots and in either permanent or semi permanent homes. Due to messing up the labels I'm not sure which is which on the Chinense varieties. Have 1 seedling that was seriously struggling, but it's starting to throw out new leaves so there's hope for it yet. Hoping we either have a mild Winter here, or I can get some lights set up in our spare bedroom to get them through until Spring. Have a few more varieties I have yet to plant, but thinking I may wait til the end of January to start those seeds. 

Anyway, enough babbling. On to some pics!
Green pot is an Aji Limon, bag TBD Chinense, Venus fly trap and pitcher plant on the cooler in the back, cayenne I'm trying to decide whether to OW or not in the red pot and some cilantro in the cup
20131106_163644.jpg

Another couple of TBD Chinense's and the struggling seedling that's popping back (over watering was the cause I think)
20131106_163652.jpg

Chinese 5 colour and 2 more Chinense's
20131106_163700.jpg

Aloe vera and a couple of strawberries for my wife
20131106_163719.jpg

More tbd Chinense's
20131106_163739.jpg

Black Hungarian (already putting out flower buds that are getting pinched off for now)
20131106_163752.jpg

Last 2 Chinense's
20131106_163800.jpg

I could easily win this, i know exactly which one will be next!
But, as i live in Denmark, it wouldn't be fair with postage and what not, and i will therefore leave it to the good people of U.S. of A. :)
(next contest must be for seeds...then i'll enter anyway ;).)

maximumcapsicum said:
I bet your TFM's will be up first. Unless I missed the post where they are already up.
Guess again MC. Don't have tfm's planted this go around. Here's what I have planted-Thai fire, bhut Indian carbon, aji pineapple and not yellow brain strain for the peppers, and 4 different varieties of tomato. Danko, coastal pride orange, lime green salad and stupice. 

Unfortunately no one guessed correct. 1st sprout was from the Danko's. Have sprouts from all 4 tomato varieties up now, sitting at 12 sprouts from 17 seeds planted, though I've had a few helmet heads. Luckily I was able to successfully remove all but one of the helmets, so very minimal casualties thankfully. Still no peppers popping yet but hopefully they should start any day now.
20140208_193820.jpg

20140208_193825.jpg

20140208_193836.jpg

20140208_193921.jpg

Another quick update. I'm now sitting at 4/4 hooks showing on the Thai fire, and also have 3/6 aji pineapple hooks showing. Still nothing on the bhut Indian carbon or the not yellow brain.
Quick pic of the biggest of the aji pineapple hooks.

20140210_150019.jpg

More hooks showing this afternoon. Had another aji pineapple pop up so now up to 4/6 for them, and I also had all 3 bhut Indian carbon's pop up today. I'm now sitting at 4/4 Thai fire, 4/6 aji pineapple, 3/3 bhut Indian carbon and still at 0/3 for the not yellow brains. 
Triple coty Thai fire-
DSCF0227.JPG

Couple of bhut Indian carbon hooks-
DSCF0228.JPG

DSCF0229.JPG

Tomato sprouts are growing well. Have a few starting to get true leaves already-
DSCF0231.JPG

Looking good here Chris!

Hooks and babies ebewhere! <----grand daughter talk ;)

I'm playing catch-up tonight, we'll see how far that goes.

Dang if I was around I just know I would have countered with Danko :liar:

We have a similar weather forecast, looks like Thursday is going to be a 5-6 outing for the gals. Hope it turns out to be until Dec.!

keep it green bro!

Back