food Memorial Day (Two-Week) User-land BBQ Contest

Phil is killin' it with that chicken!  YUM!

Baby bok choy slaughtered, peanut sauce reducing.

102_0199.JPG

102_0200.JPG

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Just because, I think I need to do some more outdoor cooking tonight...thighs and wings it is....

The more the merrier ...

I only peeked at how the poll works ... might have to break the entries down into meat-categories and compete per protein, and then have a final poll with the category winners ...

We'll see what there is when it's over, and how the prizes work out in terms of being international vs CONUS ...

Not going to bother to worry about a problem that might not exist at all, in advance ...

grantmichaels said:

Hell yeah ... I'm a big fan ... goes great w/ brisket, too ...

And on bacon wrapped sausage.

Done bun!

Good, old-fashioned, all-American barbecued chicken... Doesn't matter whether you're rich or poor, or whether you're Bobby Flay or Bobby Hill.... You can cook barbecued chicken. It has been in every household (bold statement alert!). Country songs have been written about it. It's seen the gunpowder of July 4th, and it's seen a September Saturday and Sunday tailgate party... yes, ladies and gentlemen, barbecued chicken has been there for it all.

I need a Snickers ice cream bar, now! 

17907931280_40006ca2d4_h.jpg

17909629969_edeb5954cf_h.jpg

I only had a few mins before I have to go into work for the night, grilled up a couple pork chops, bringing a baggy of mushrooms, onion and butter to nuke in microwave, naan, avocado , some ldhs brown label and some applesauce. Not sure if it counts as an entry but the microwave going to get utilized enough to make jay T proud

Baby back ribs with Mae Ploy sweet chili sauce, chicken satay with peanut sauce, Korean bbq boneless short ribs, sauteed baby bok choy and kimchi.

102_0203.JPG

102_0204.JPG

102_0205.JPG

102_0206.JPG

102_0207.JPG

I guess I should mention the heat.  The baby backs had my own superhot blend added into the rub, the short ribs had Cappy's Brain Strain sauce in the marinade, and the chicken had Joyner's lemon drop and white 7-pot (I think) powders.  Was it Scorpion or 7-pot?  I forget.  Lots of heat, lots of sweet, salt, and umami.  I am diggin this, and I probably would not have done so if it not for you GM.  Thanks for the inspiration.

Attachments

• 102_0202.JPG
    102_0202.JPG
    140.2 KB · Views: 66
  • 102_0201.JPG
    102_0201.JPG
    153.8 KB · Views: 60
OK, I was contacted by GM about a runner up prize.  Too many awesome entries not to share a little heat.  Texas Creek will throw something out for a prize.  Don't know what, it'll depend on what place I'm prizing for.  :)

Winner can choose to send it to AnySoldier, also.  :) 

Back