• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Miracle Fruit

moyboy said:
Thanks not a bad idea neil. I will have to look into that...:think:

So, when these are all grown and producing, how are you going to use the fruit? I understand that it can make bitter or sour things taste better, can't you just not eat bitter or sour things?

Pam said:
So, when these are all grown and producing, how are you going to use the fruit? I understand that it can make bitter or sour things taste better, can't you just not eat bitter or sour things?

Honestly, where is the fun in that? Isnt that like saying, "well if it burns so much, dont put so much in next time"?

McGoo said:
Honestly, where is the fun in that? Isnt that like saying, "well if it burns so much, dont put so much in next time"?

Not really, because the burning of peppers is the point. What's the point of eating sour and bitter if you're going to negate the sour and bitter?

Pam said:

Imagine putting it in your "Special Limited Man-Boob Sauce", people would go nuts trying to find out what your secret seasoning is;)

MrArboc said:
Imagine putting it in your "Special Limited Man-Boob Sauce", people would go nuts trying to find out what your secret seasoning is;)

Ah, it's to cover up the sins of poor saucemenship! Got it!

Would be fun to give to a drunk guy, would be the culinary equivalent of putting stickytape on a cats paws...:shocked: not that I have done that.

"Dude, it is a lemon, I swear..."

Pam said:

As the others have said, that's the fun of it....

It trying something new and having a laugh with the mates....

I have the room to plant it so I can't see the harm in it....

moyboy said:
As the others have said, that's the fun of it....

It trying something new and having a laugh with the mates....

I have the room to plant it so I can't see the harm in it....

Oh, I don't see any harm in it either. I just wondered what the plans for the fruit were.

I mean, I got three little cocoa trees for my birthday. It will take 3 to 5 years for them to get big enough to produce, which should be about the time they outgrow the house. But it's fun and different, so I'm gonna give it a try.

Pam said:
Oh, I don't see any harm in it either. I just wondered what the plans for the fruit were.

Well, it's still a few years away, but I think (depending on the trees productivity) I will be trying to grow a few and sell...

And the rest will be fun with the mates.

I have been told they are very hard to germinate, with a 40% strike rate at best? So I will have my work cut out for me...

Hey Neil or anyone with a miracle fruit tree...

What should my soil be like and what can i do to help it out?

In my reading, i found it likes acid soil. So i feed mine fox farm acid lovers dry fert.

I did a soil test tonight!
My PH is around 6.0, so it's definitely acid soil. So check 1 for that.

Nitrogen is high
Phosphorous is low
Potash is low

Am i okay here or could i help things along better?

Any and all help is appreciated. :D

For any Aussies that are interested, This place has 9 miracle fruit plants at 140mm tall for $13 each plus postage....

Miracle fruit

They are approx 1/4 the way down the page....

Cheers

Back