food Mmmmmm...poppers!

chilehunter said:
I mades these poppers the other day.
you cant really see the ingredients, so I'll list them. hey TB I caught myself saying " all that cheezy goodness" when asked about all the cheese :lol:

fresno's, jalapeno's (for non-chileheads), shreaded cheese placed in the chile, then some garlic & ginger powder in, placed a large shrimp in, wrapped in bacon, added some cilantro on top, added some more cheese on top.
they were tasty! & have some left over ingredients so I can do it again :cool:

DSCF3933.jpg

CH...that is definitely the CASTIRON OF WIN!!

wow.

why don't they serve poppers like these in restaurants?

Damn JT, you're getting your money's worth with that deer meat!
Chilehunter you make me proud to have the same skillet.

I love the deer. I haves lots so I eats lots. Never would have thought to make poppers out of it though if not for this place.

I'm thinking I need to learn to hunt. my boys wouldnt mind learning either, and we'd all like more red meat around here.

I like venison better'n cows I dont know what they ate or where they came from.

Thanks Jay T for the inspiration!

I went through this whole thread today. All I can say is "My Gosh". Those look awesome. I cant wait to do that. I think the next shopping trip I make I am going to stop at the Mexican Market and buy me some peppers so I can practice that. I've got a couple ideas. You guys are good.

Celeste said:
I'm thinking I need to learn to hunt. my boys wouldnt mind learning either, and we'd all like more red meat around here.

I like venison better'n cows I dont know what they ate or where they came from.

Thanks Jay T for the inspiration!

also wild game is healthier for you than most farm raised animals.

Mjdtexan said:
I went through this whole thread today. All I can say is "My Gosh". Those look awesome. I cant wait to do that. I think the next shopping trip I make I am going to stop at the Mexican Market and buy me some peppers so I can practice that. I've got a couple ideas. You guys are good.

that must of taken you a while to go through 33 pages :lol: glad you're here & gonna take part in the popper thread, so we can drool over the poppers you make.

chilehunter said:
that must of taken you a while to go through 33 pages :lol: glad you're here & gonna take part in the popper thread, so we can drool over the poppers you make.
It did. I saw alot. I saw a very hot woman with a sexy avatar picture. I saw some guy yall were making fun of and calling gay. I saw peppers and beer I had never seen before. I saw bacon that looked much better than the bacon we have around these parts. The bacon was "tall" if that makes sense to ya. I saw some very interesting filling ideas for poppers. I have some filling ideas as well. I also have an "after its cooked" treatment idea for poppers that I think is going to be a big big hit.

I am a BBQing fool. I compete regular but I have never really stepped away from the BBQ pit to do my cooking. I have just restored a 1947 Chambers stove that I wanna cook these poppers on. In the next few days I will make a store run. I only go to the store about every 6 weeks. I will do pictures of course or you guys will be calling me a liar and all. Cant be having none of that.

If I make a popper pizza is it a popper thread or a pizza thread? :lol:
And don't steal my idea.

Mjdtexan said:
It did. I saw alot. I saw a very hot woman with a sexy avatar picture. I saw some guy yall were making fun of and calling gay. I saw peppers and beer I had never seen before. I saw bacon that looked much better than the bacon we have around these parts. The bacon was "tall" if that makes sense to ya. I saw some very interesting filling ideas for poppers. I have some filling ideas as well. I also have an "after its cooked" treatment idea for poppers that I think is going to be a big big hit.

I am a BBQing fool. I compete regular but I have never really stepped away from the BBQ pit to do my cooking. I have just restored a 1947 Chambers stove that I wanna cook these poppers on. In the next few days I will make a store run. I only go to the store about every 6 weeks. I will do pictures of course or you guys will be calling me a liar and all. Cant be having none of that.

I'm too lazy to go through 33 pages & forgot most of the posts in this thread except the recent couple pages :lol: so whos the hot lady ?
I dont think we've had any BBQ poppers posted here, so....so far it sounds like a winner to me! cant wait to see them!
just wonder whos gonna post their poppers 1st Tex or Omri ?

Back