food Mmmmmm...poppers!

Ok, I went to my local Mexican market to get a whole bunch of different peppers and left disappointed. They only had Jalapenos and something called Pablanos. I fully expected them to have tons of different kinds of peppers. You can tell I dont shop there. I bought 15 Jalapenos and 1 Pablano.

The whole thing cost me 87 cents.

Are Pablanos any good? Can I save the seed out of it?

I am going to start a pork shoulder on the pit tomorrow at 225f. That is what I am going to stuff the poppers with. Nice slow hickory smoked pork. Rubbed with TexasBBQRub. Sweetened a little with brown sugar.

Mjdtexan said:
Ok, I went to my local Mexican market to get a whole bunch of different peppers and left disappointed. They only had Jalapenos and something called Pablanos. I fully expected them to have tons of different kinds of peppers. You can tell I dont shop there. I bought 15 Jalapenos and 1 Pablano.

The whole thing cost me 87 cents.

Are Pablanos any good? Can I save the seed out of it?

I am going to start a pork shoulder on the pit tomorrow at 225f. That is what I am going to stuff the poppers with. Nice slow hickory smoked pork. Rubbed with TexasBBQRub. Sweetened a little with brown sugar.

I've done pulled pork poppers before and lemme' 'splain you lucy, they rock harder than chinese arithmetic! They're outta' sight and you'll love 'em looooong time!

paulky_2000 said:
Poblanos are awesome!

Ever had chile rellenos?

YUMMMM!!!....kinda like a huge popper!;)

Oh yeah, I've had chili rellanos. I love them. Can I scrape the seeds out and dry them somehow or is it a waste of time?

That, I can not answer because I know dick about gardening.

I kill nearly everything I plant....with the exception of this year's peppers.

Sure you can save the seeds. I grew Poblanos last year. They are not big producers, but the pods are sure big. I probably won't bother again because I can buy them in any grocery store.

with pics like these I'm sure DT can make some interesting pics with his friend photoshop :lol:

JayT said:
100_5297.jpg

100_5298.jpg

100_5299.jpg

You know I didn't think about that until about five minutes after I posted it. Oh well. Obviously I have no pride or I wouldn't have put them up anyway.:lol:

Poblano's are awesome! You Can obviously save the seeds from them but if you can easily just buy them locally anytime I personally would not grow them. But I save the seed just incase someone out there in the world some where is poblanoless and needs a little poblano in their life:) I like the medium thick walls slight aromatic equal balance of sweet/spice. (very good for sundrying too) actually a sundried poblano is an ancho I believe. But I like them fresh. awesome fro poppers too you can fit alot in them!

texas blues said:
That is correct sir. First class guy in the service of the IDF. Well known as a fairly hardcore chilehead and known to pet heavily with automatic weapons.
Aww... thank you kind sir.
Mjdtexan said:
Awesome

AR-15 freak myself.
Smith & Wesson Model 500 owner
AR-15? that's the civilian semi-auto model, right?
I carry meh trusty M4A1. I do carry a couple of handguns as well, though. meh favorite is meh deagle. ;)

Omri said:
Aww... thank you kind sir.

AR-15? that's the civilian semi-auto model, right?
I carry meh trusty M4A1. I do carry a couple of handguns as well, though. meh favorite is meh deagle. ;)

Yes, they frown on us civilians having fully autos around here. I try an play by the rules somewhat.

¿deagle?

Back