food Mmmmmm...poppers!

Try stuffing the japs. w/Italian sausage,cheese of choice, and pour enchilada sauce over.: bake in oven, 30-40 mins. totally awsome.wish I had pics, maybe next time.:)

I've never stuffed my poppers with automatic guns or desert eagles so back on track.

Here's what I fixed for New Years Eve. It was quick and it was tasty.

Here's the Turkish pepperoni:
IMG_9800.jpg

I stuffed some with shepherd's cheese and smoked salmon and wrapped them in Schwarzwälder schinken:
IMG_9802.jpg

A few others were stuffed with shepherd's cheese, the rest with mac and cheese.
IMG_9804.jpg

IMG_9808.jpg

Dillo..it's got the hot, the blue, and the righteous all over those poppers! Smoked salmon in poppers? Who da' thunk? That's just crazy! Done the mac and cheese poppers...those are surprisingly good.

JohnJBurfurkle said:
I never wanted a cast-iron anything til you bastards. Now I have to make another purchase that will piss off the old lady:lol:

I have probably 25-30 different pans and pots, and my 14in Cast Iron Skillet is one of the two or three that I use the most. You'll never regret getting one of them.

Today is the day I cook my first poppers. I pulled the pork last night. I need to decide if I am going to cut them in half or just slice them open. Do yall take the stems off? Any do's or dont's yall want to share with me before I get started? 15 green jalapenos.

All that stuff is personal preference. As far as cutting them in half or not, it depends on how you are cooking them. If you are grilling smoking or baking you will be fine cutting them in half, but if you are frying them I would not. Also, if you bake them you may need to use both Bake and then Broil to make them cook evenly. Good luck. I look forward to the pics!

paulky_2000 said:
Looks like I missed some damn fine cookin'!!

Great job!!!....and I'm lookin' forward to the pulled pork poppers!

Some first time observations.

I cut four of the jalapenos in half. I realized I didnt like that because it seemed like they wouldnt hold much. So I slit the next eleven down one side and removed the seeds and what I think yall are calling the placenta (the white stuff holding the seeds). I then washed them off and out and left them on the cooking sheet to dry. I washed my hands well. I came back after having a Makers Mark Iced Tea and picked one up to inspect the inside. After I put it down I stuck my finger in my mouth for a reason I dont yet know why. I noticed that my lip burned. How come? I thought I got rid of all the hot stuff.

So, I filled them with pulled pork, cheese and wrapped them in bacon and they are now in the fridge awaiting the their date with my 1947 Chambers stove.

I will photograph them before I stick them in the oven and after I take them out. My stove also has a griddle on top that you can also use to broil with. I may broil the four that I cut in half.

Peace, Love and all thats good-El Pirata Pepper

Back