food Mmmmmm...poppers!

I was going to do up poppers last night but got side tracked. mrs. blues requested chix and mushroom alfredo fett. She bought some chix tenders for me to grill up for her and it just so happens that there were plenty of leftovers. I took some of the leftover grilled chix and diced it up pretty small, tossed it in a bowl with some garlic, salsa, a generous splooge of my pequin hot sauce, mixed it all up and stuffed it into some 'penos I had laying around. Fired up mrs. blues gas grill and let the flamage work its magic on medium heat for about 25 minutes. Toppedem' off with a little goat cheese. Simple. Add some fresh squeezin's of lime and boom shaka laka!! Pure culinary crack ya'll!

Good stuff...

IMG_2522.jpg

Lunch!

IMG_2523.jpg

Tasty goodness.

IMG_2526.jpg

Bring the mojo!

Chuk...dude you can stuff them with anything. I've done them with shrimp and then bacon wrapped. Chorizo and cheese stuffed, my favorite, and even a crab artichoke dip. I did a minced beef marinated in teriyaki and crushed pineapple ..tres bon!

Cheezy...alas no..not my TAM's. These were store bought. They do lose a little heat with cooking. Heat wise I could eat a hundred without feeling too much pain. Sometimes I use Fresno's for a bit more heat. I really need to man up and maybe try stuffed habs. Who's done the stuffed hab thang'?? Fess up.

I just did the Hab thing. I got the idea from another post on THP, forgot who though. Cut top off an orang hab, cut in half length wise and removed seeds. Then filled with cream cheese, wrapped with bacon. Then I put on a piece of foil on the grill on the top rack. Waited till bacon was about done then I drizzled Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce on the top, let that cook for a few more minutes. Ahhhhhhhh!!! Delicious!!

I was going to do up poppers last night but got side tracked. mrs. blues requested chix and mushroom alfredo fett. She bought some chix tenders for me to grill up for her and it just so happens that there were plenty of leftovers. I took some of the leftover grilled chix and diced it up pretty small, tossed it in a bowl with some garlic, salsa, a generous splooge of my pequin hot sauce, mixed it all up and stuffed it into some 'penos I had laying around. Fired up mrs. blues gas grill and let the flamage work its magic on medium heat for about 25 minutes. Toppedem' off with a little goat cheese. Simple. Add some fresh squeezin's of lime and boom shaka laka!! Pure culinary crack ya'll!

Good stuff...

IMG_2522.jpg

Lunch!

IMG_2523.jpg

Tasty goodness.

IMG_2526.jpg

Bring the mojo!

Mmmmmm goat cheese....

inspired by this amazing thread which i've been reading for most of my day it seems, i had my third try on poppers..

had two batches of pretty decent deep fried ones before, but just had to try the bacon kind..

i instanty fell in love with them, even though i did a very basic version:
green jalapenos (or whatever the shop declared to be jalapeno, tasty anyway!)
cream cheese with herbs and garlic and bacon to cover it up..
*mjammi*

(there are pictures, i just can't upload them right now..)

now i want to spread the word, i feel i have to share this wonderful gift!
and as i'll be camping next week:

what is the best way to prepare bacon-poppers on the grill?

:halo:

inspired by this amazing thread which i've been reading for most of my day it seems, i had my third try on poppers..

had two batches of pretty decent deep fried ones before, but just had to try the bacon kind..

i instanty fell in love with them, even though i did a very basic version:
green jalapenos (or whatever the shop declared to be jalapeno, tasty anyway!)
cream cheese with herbs and garlic and bacon to cover it up..
*mjammi*

(there are pictures, i just can't upload them right now..)

now i want to spread the word, i feel i have to share this wonderful gift!
and as i'll be camping next week:

what is the best way to prepare bacon-poppers on the grill?

:halo:

Do the bacon 'thang by wrapping the stuffed 'peno with the bacon. If you sear the end side down first you don't even need a toothpick to hold it together.

Well here they are.
Ingredients: 1 pound of hot sausage, 2 cloves of garlic, a tablespoon or two of chopped onion, bacon, cheddar, fresh thai's chopped. Combine all of these minus the bacon. Filled 3 humongo Jalapeno's and some nanner peppers. Wrapped some in bacon. The jalapeno ones turned out wicked so those are the only ones I took a pic of. The sauce in the picture is the recipe TB uses for his pineapple sauce except i added 4 naga's and a dash of cumin and allspice for some reason. Maybe even a thai or two(need to use these things up!) Anyway, they tasted great but needed more melty, ooey, gooey goodness in the middle. Still great though. :D
zachary040.jpg

zachary041.jpg

zachary042.jpg

Well after weeks of drooling over the creations here it's time to dive in and try my first poppers. This a compilation of many ideas I've seen here and it just sounded fricken good. So here goes with the ingredients and the cooking pics will come later.

Chorizo and Shrimp with onion, garlic, rice (just a little rice to suck up all that good chorizo grease, pork fat rules), mexican cheese blend and a couple of my habenero uman pods. Going to do half wrapped w/ bacon to try for this first time. Then topped with some crumbled Cotija chesse, sour cream and tamarind chile sauce. Wish me luck, be back later this afternoon with prep and finished pics.

scuyj4.jpg

:beer: bein a coors light guy and a cheap bastard how can you go wrong with keystone light. OK Paul, I'll try the bread crumbs, far be it from me not to accept advice from a Throwdown Crown winner. That'll suck up the chorizo grease even better.

:beer: bein a coors light guy and a cheap bastard how can you go wrong with keystone light. OK Paul, I'll try the bread crumbs, far be it from me not to accept advice from a Throwdown Crown winner. That'll suck up the chorizo grease even better.

:rofl:

a) Keystone ROCKS!!!

b) Taking advice from me is like using a golf bat. ;)

Well here it is, had a blast in the ktichen and drank lots of beer in the process.

sbqzj9.jpg

nb67h0.jpg

Once all that was done had to switch to my favorite beer Alaska Amber

2ug2f85.jpg

And I guess this is what is called the money shot, plated up nicely for my wonderful bride.

qq7qkk.jpg

The spousal review was nothing but positive, actually there aren't many more left for me. But I snuck one in with bacon and it was good. I've been directed to do a repeat performance. Hope you folks like um, cause I got approval here and that is a good thing. :dance: Points ya know on the home front are helpful. :woohoo:

Back