• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Mmmmmm...poppers!

Hey ya'll once again from the big dry ditch in Las Vegas. I was going to grill today but ahhh...a little too hot once again. Maybe tomorrow will be more appropos. My gal had bought some very nice ground beef to make some sliders but she changed her mind as usual and opted instead for spinach/cheese ravioli with garlic cream sauce instead. Of course I was enlisted to do the cooking. So what to do with the ground beef? I have peppers. I have cheese. Duh..como se dice en espanol....poppers!!
Ground beef, japs, 4 cheese Mexi mix, shallots, Lawry's and fresh ground pepper. Here tis. Notice the melon ball tool I use to deseed. Works perfect.
0020.jpg

The mix.
0021.jpg

Stuffed.
0022.jpg

0029.jpg

Have a great holiday ya'll....and cheers!!! Texas Bluesman

Well I read this entire topic, and I must say they all look delicious. I had to make some for a 1AM drunken snack
drunk.gif
. So here is my submission for the Popper Overlords.
1[sup]st[/sup] time I’m posting photos hope this works, here we go.

My ingredients, found fresh Manzanos at the local Mexican market.
1.jpg

Poppers ready to go into the oven. Wait . . . Something’s missing.
2.jpg

That’s it they needed to be candied.
3.jpg

Candied poppers, coated in brown sugar and chipotle, ready to go into the oven.
4.jpg

Hot out of the oven.
5.jpg

Mmm . . . candied poppers
6.jpg

The melt in this picture.. me gusta!

You guys made me try it...
DSCF0622.jpg

DSCF0623.jpg

Jalapenos and a few orange habs stuffed with cream cheese, chorizo, shredded cheddar, diced habs, and chile powders, and wrapped in bacon. Grilled till lightly charred.
Must use Chorizo in my next mix

Thanks to this thread, I had some chorizo and onion stuffefed peppers seta noche! Never thought to cook this dish before, but I am damn glad I stumbled upon it here. Thanks!!

and holy crap D:
Just now seeing ScovilleCrack's photos!! Next time I'm in CA, I am beating down your door!!!
_phil

So here's what I had goin last night

DSCN0355.jpg

Some jalapenos and some banana peppers (for the PG poppers) I had the peppers on top of the lil smokies labeled as 7 pot barrackpore, but they are obviously very small, look more like a bih jolokia to me so that's what I'm callin em. Those went into the mix for the jalapenos.

DSCN0358.jpg

Sausage browned up

DSCN0359.jpg

Peppers ready to be stuffed

DSCN0360.jpg

Prepared stuffing

DSCN0361.jpg

Before the oven

DSCN0366.jpg

After. Didn't use the smokies as I had too much stuffing. There's some leftover for another project, perhaps tomorrow.

Leftover popper stuffing isn't ever a bad thing, I suppose. :cheers: :dance:

Edit: The only reason I didn't let the green bih's ripen is because there was a hellacious wind storm here the other day, and they blew off the plant. Wasn't gonna waste 'em

Nah, Bradford. As you can see, we are 82 pages in. Some folks just don't check this thread as often as others. Your poppers are righteous!

You didn't kill anything BS!!!!! :)

I just had to take a popper break to focus on WINGS! hahahahaha

But come to think of it......I'm feelin' a little popper deficient! And what you posted is just the ticket to start playin' with poppers again!!!!!!! :woohoo:

Party last night, 116 Jalapeno poppers and a couple dozen Habanero poppers...mmmmm
P1010827.jpg

P1010828.jpg

P1010832.jpg

P1010834.jpg

P1010831.jpg

P1010833.jpg

P1010835.jpg

P1010838.jpg

P1010837.jpg

They were delicious...the habs put the smack down on a few folks, and kept anyone from wanting to give a try to the ripe Scorpions and Infinities I have on my plants. The Jals were here, then GONE! The syringe worked out great filling the Habs. Just thinned the Cream Cheese by nuking it then adding a little sour cream and it went in easy!

Dang, man. This thread always gets away from me, and then when I see it, all this new awesome stuff is here!

Y'all got it goin' on!

Carry on....

I made some poppers i figured i'd share since i frequent this thread haha

Though i didnt take the ingredients pic but basically:
Can of Kidney beans
Half an onion
6 chopped hinkle hatz
Leaves of basil & oregano
Put in a blender to chunky mash

photobucket-2654-1341797454034.jpg

stuffed into half cut mini bell peppers and sprinkled with cheese.

photobucket-2239-1341842403375.jpg

Served with some spanish rice mix i had

Peppers
Ground beef
Cheese
Bacon

Culled from some suggestion around here. Turned out amazing, though the presentation seems a bit lacking....

Poppers-cooked.jpg

Back